Will Conservative Patriots Back Down From Their Running Over Protestors Bills?

Why would lefties characterize legal protection for mom and pop drivers if some idiot jumps in front of them in traffic as "permission to run over protesters? That's all lefties think about these days.

"Republican lawmakers in six states have pushed this year for legal protections for motorists who hit protesters blocking traffic - they’re facing an intense backlash now that violent images of a car ramming into a crowd protesting a white supremacist rally have been seen around the world. The driver immunity proposals have been labeled “hit and kill” bills that undermine free assembly and embolden extremists by suggesting they have a free pass to drive through protesters; by the American Civil Liberties Union.

A North Carolina state senator said Monday there are no plans to advance the measure in that chamber. In Tennessee, a committee rejected the bill. In Florida, Sen. George Gainer said the intent of his now-failed bill was to protect only those motorists who unintentionally strike protesters blocking traffic. He denounced “the reprehensible actions of the evil person in Virginia.”

The evil person the Florida Senator was referring to was the guy who ran over protestors in Charlottesville -- as if this guy didn't have a right to run them over...he feared for this safety....Some of these republican legislatures are starting to show weakness and not pushing hard enough to pass these bills...they are showing a reluctance to stand up for the call that "All Lives Splatter" .
I live in Tennessee and would never run over a pedestrian if I could avoid it, but if I make a wrong turn and become surrounded with protestors attacking my stopped car, I would protect myself, my wife and anybody else in my vehicle under attack, with the vehicle itself, if necessary. There should be no penalty for protecting yourself from the violence of others.

problem is...this fantasy scenario you keep conjuring up rarely happens....instead you have folks (like on this very post) try to justify REAL LIFE SCENARIOS like this one...
View attachment 501294

And these "protests" can go both ways....because what is little talked about from the Charlottesville fiasco is the black kid who was ganged up on and attacked by white supremacists...would he have been cleared of assault charges if he ran them over instead??

He would have been justified to do so wouldn't he?

That's fine. People that hit protesting pedestrians on purpose when not doing it for personal defense deserve to be under the jail. I just want to be protected from physical protestor mob attacks on me, my vehicle and occupants. If I see a protest up ahead, I am perfectly willing to go the other way. I do not seek a right, even to intentionally ease through their little protest. I got time to go around and let the authorities sort it out. That said, my standing as an innocent under attack in this state is paramount. It is a "stand your ground" state. If your idea of protest is to stop vehicle in the roadway, threaten and attack them, thinking the vehicle occupant have no right to self defense, you got the wrong state. Go protest and launch your attack where they think it is your right to physically attack people as part of a "peaceful" protest. Tennessee is probably not the state for you.
Yup......those people on the Edmund Pettus bridge should have been run over....View attachment 501298

But the good thing about successful protests is........people who were opposed to it in the beginning can pretend they supported the goals of those protests....AFTER THE FACT....
I did not remember that being a violent protest, attacking uninvolved civilians. Are you sure you have the correct view of that protest? I am not sure that you will be able to sell that view. It is thought of and remember (for right or wrong) as peaceful protest, at the least, until the police tried to break it up with their attack dogs and clubs. Now if you want to convince us the black people were a horrible, violent mob and the use of billy clubs and attack dog were justified, because the those people just weren't worth a sh#t, I will read your opinion with an open mind, but cannot promise to agree. Go ahead. Convince me.

"Republican lawmakers in six states have pushed this year for legal protections for motorists who hit protesters blocking traffic - they’re facing an intense backlash now that violent images of a car ramming into a crowd protesting a white supremacist rally have been seen around the world. The driver immunity proposals have been labeled “hit and kill” bills that undermine free assembly and embolden extremists by suggesting they have a free pass to drive through protesters; by the American Civil Liberties Union.

A North Carolina state senator said Monday there are no plans to advance the measure in that chamber. In Tennessee, a committee rejected the bill. In Florida, Sen. George Gainer said the intent of his now-failed bill was to protect only those motorists who unintentionally strike protesters blocking traffic. He denounced “the reprehensible actions of the evil person in Virginia.”

The evil person the Florida Senator was referring to was the guy who ran over protestors in Charlottesville -- as if this guy didn't have a right to run them over...he feared for this safety....Some of these republican legislatures are starting to show weakness and not pushing hard enough to pass these bills...they are showing a reluctance to stand up for the call that "All Lives Splatter" .
I live in Tennessee and would never run over a pedestrian if I could avoid it, but if I make a wrong turn and become surrounded with protestors attacking my stopped car, I would protect myself, my wife and anybody else in my vehicle under attack, with the vehicle itself, if necessary. There should be no penalty for protecting yourself from the violence of others.

problem is...this fantasy scenario you keep conjuring up rarely happens....instead you have folks (like on this very post) try to justify REAL LIFE SCENARIOS like this one...
View attachment 501294

And these "protests" can go both ways....because what is little talked about from the Charlottesville fiasco is the black kid who was ganged up on and attacked by white supremacists...would he have been cleared of assault charges if he ran them over instead??

He would have been justified to do so wouldn't he?

That's fine. People that hit protesting pedestrians on purpose when not doing it for personal defense deserve to be under the jail. I just want to be protected from physical protestor mob attacks on me, my vehicle and occupants. If I see a protest up ahead, I am perfectly willing to go the other way. I do not seek a right, even to intentionally ease through their little protest. I got time to go around and let the authorities sort it out. That said, my standing as an innocent under attack in this state is paramount. It is a "stand your ground" state. If your idea of protest is to stop vehicle in the roadway, threaten and attack them, thinking the vehicle occupant have no right to self defense, you got the wrong state. Go protest and launch your attack where they think it is your right to physically attack people as part of a "peaceful" protest. Tennessee is probably not the state for you.
Yup......those people on the Edmund Pettus bridge should have been run over....View attachment 501298

But the good thing about successful protests is........people who were opposed to it in the beginning can pretend they supported the goals of those protests....AFTER THE FACT....
I did not remember that being a violent protest, attacking uninvolved civilians. Are you sure you have the correct view of that protest? I am not sure that you will be able to sell that view. It is thought of and remember (for right or wrong) as peaceful protest, at the least, until the police tried to break it up with their attack dogs and clubs. Now if you want to convince us the black people were a horrible, violent mob and the use of billy clubs and attack dog were justified, because the those people just weren't worth a sh#t, I will read your opinion with an open mind, but cannot promise to agree. Go ahead. Convince me.
Bawahahahahahahhahahahahahaha @ I don't remember that being a violent protest.....

They called it Bloody Sunday.....U2 even made a song about it......

This is why teaching ACTUAL history is important....

Oh I get it.....when the police in concert with white supremacists are the ones violently attacking protesters, that doesn't count as a violent protest...got it

Of course, the AP News, which is a member of the DEMOCRAT PROPAGANDA WING, misconstrues the true intent of the bill.

If your life is in DANGER, if you're vehicle is being attacked by a mob, then you should have the right to DRIVE TO SAFETY, and if that means hitting a protestor or two by doing do, then that's the protestor's problem. It's illegal to block a road without a permit, and it's also illegal to attack people and their property, i.e., their vehicle.

But once again the DEMOCRAT PROPAGANDA WING lies about these laws making them sound as though it gives anyone FREE LICENSE to just MOW DOWN PEOPLE ON THE STREET AT WILL, and that's just plain LYING.
That has always been the case and does not need a new law. So you are just as full of shit as the other GOP liars.

Why would lefties characterize legal protection for mom and pop drivers if some idiot jumps in front of them in traffic as "permission to run over protesters?
Because it relies too heavily on them simply saying they perceived a threat. Duh. Do you ever read up on topics before commenting?

so, is there a need for a new law for the situation that you describe?

Yes.

Brown Shirts assault motorists all the time. If a motorist does the right thing and runs the assaulters down, the motorist is prosecuted. Motorists mush have legal protection from the terrorist troops of the democrat party.

yeah, those protestors sure assaulted the vehicle.

guess what, turd: if you intentionally kill people, you have to face consequences.
If you illegally block traffic, you have to face consequences.
agreed. but they will not involve murder, manslaughter and the likes.
They will when they attack people, which has happened countless times in the past year alone. You lefties murdered 30 civilians at your protests last year and 20 cops. THOUSANDS of people had severe injuries. You ruined lives.
so, no new laws needed, right?

and keep your drama to yourself, boy. i murdered no one, and i have ruined no life.
No, you just defend the rights of violent mobs who do murder people, while doing everything you can to fuck over the innocent people who get stuck in your dangerous democrat riots.
you disingenuous turd. i am saying that no new laws are needed to address these situations. you are flailing and failing and emoting, as usual.

Yes.

Brown Shirts assault motorists all the time. If a motorist does the right thing and runs the assaulters down, the motorist is prosecuted. Motorists mush have legal protection from the terrorist troops of the democrat party.

guess what, turd: if you intentionally kill people, you have to face consequences.
They will when they attack people, which has happened countless times in the past year alone. You lefties murdered 30 civilians at your protests last year and 20 cops. THOUSANDS of people had severe injuries. You ruined lives.

and keep your drama to yourself, boy. i murdered no one, and i have ruined no life.
No, you just defend the rights of violent mobs who do murder people, while doing everything you can to fuck over the innocent people who get stuck in your dangerous democrat riots.
you disingenuous turd. i am saying that no new laws are needed to address these situations. you are flailing and failing and emoting, as usual.
And you arent going to get an honest response from these frauds. They know what the laws are for. They are putting on the act they believe is expected from them by their cult.

Yes.

The existing laws have done jack shit to address democrat riots. Do you have any idea how many people were assaulted at democrat "protests"? US citizens need better protection and allowing them to run over violent mobs is a good start. Many people were afraid to run over the mob and they paid a heavy price for it.

Yes.

The existing laws have done jack shit to address democrat riots. Do you have any idea how many people were assaulted at democrat "protests"? US citizens need better protection and allowing them to run over violent mobs is a good start. Many people were afraid to run over the mob and they paid a heavy price for it.
twats run over protestors regularly. no new laws needed, queefer. grow up.

Only a dumb asshole would think these laws are intended for anything other than to protect innocent motorists from violent mobs and illegal freeway vermin.

The existing laws have done jack shit to address democrat riots.
Such nonsense. Thousands have been arrested. And because of the right wing overreaction, thousands of others have been injured by police at peaceful protests.

Spare us the act. You just want to see the subhuman left wingers (as that is where you guys are now) get killed. We all know this.

Why would lefties characterize legal protection for mom and pop drivers if some idiot jumps in front of them in traffic as "permission to run over protesters?
Because it relies too heavily on them simply saying they perceived a threat. Duh. Do you ever read up on topics before commenting?
If your blocking a road way you are a threat, get on the fucking sidewalk

The existing laws have done jack shit to address democrat riots.
Such nonsense. Thousands have been arrested. And because of the right wing overreaction, thousands of others have been injured by police at peaceful protests.

Spare us the act. You just want to see the subhuman left wingers (as that is where you guys are now) get killed. We all know this.
We are not the one aborting them

Yes.

twats run over protestors regularly. no new laws needed, queefer. grow up.
They get arrested for it. Thats why we need a new law.

Well he wouldn't have been convicted if he had this alleged right to run people over because he was scared.
False....unless you think the people who wrote this bill are lying when they said the guy in Charlottesville was evil and should have been convicted for murder

You seem to believe evil people like him would be shielded by this bill; thus giving other evil people an excuse to do what he did...which is PRECISELY the argument that is being made by folks like the ACLU....

Which is why proponents of the bill have to keep trying to convince us that the bill doesn't do that....

"Bill supporters have rejected that claim and denounced the Charlottesville attack. They note that the wording of their bills would not protect drivers who deliberately target protesters, and any intentional attackers would still face criminal and civil liability."

So why do you think this guy in Charlottesville would protected?

Ohhh look, Buff_Knobpolisher is lying again.

This has nothing to do with deliberate and premeditated acts such as the Charlottesville attack.

These bill protect motorists who are attacked by the BLM klan and ANTIFA Brownshirts.

Well he wouldn't have been convicted if he had this alleged right to run people over because he was scared.
False....unless you think the people who wrote this bill are lying when they said the guy in Charlottesville was evil and should have been convicted for murder

You seem to believe evil people like him would be shielded by this bill; thus giving other evil people an excuse to do what he did...which is PRECISELY the argument that is being made by folks like the ACLU....

Which is why proponents of the bill have to keep trying to convince us that the bill doesn't do that....

"Bill supporters have rejected that claim and denounced the Charlottesville attack. They note that the wording of their bills would not protect drivers who deliberately target protesters, and any intentional attackers would still face criminal and civil liability."

This has nothing to do with deliberate and premeditated acts such as the Charlottesville attack.

These bill protect motorists who are attacked by the BLM klan and ANTIFA Brownshirts.

Many thanks for posting this video

Why dont trump haters like Mac1958 condemn these “peaceful protesters?”

Many thanks for posting this video

Why dont trump haters like Mac1958 condemn these “peaceful protesters?”

If they broke the law I condemn them. Whoever they are.

As I have multiple times in the past.

And again, I'm just not like you. Thankfully.

If they broke the law I condemn them. Whoever they are.
“IF” they broke the law?

Cant you tell is if you approve or disapprove of that specific act of violence?

You have plenty yo say about 1-6 but nothing here

Forum List

Back