Wild Side Ornithology Club

DSC00271.jpg
What will they be when they grow up, Spoonman?

let's see. that looks like it was taken in a nest that is located on our gazebo. So they would be robins
Oh, Spoonman, they're so precious. They're so tiny and PINK. :D I'd have never guessed their type.

Thank you Spoonman. They certainly don't look like the grownups, but this one reminds me of what's important to them: "EMP - TY!!!"

DSC00273.jpg

Thank you Spoonman. They certainly don't look like the grownups, but this one reminds me of what's important to them: "EMP - TY!!!"

DSC00273.jpg

its funny because no matter who gets close to the nest the mouths open. they don't care if it's their mother or not

Well, send them over to my yard and help with the grub population eating my little acre of St. Augustine grass! :)

(I have never used pesticides, and it takes a while for the local birds to catch on).

Last edited:
Well, send them over to my yard and help with the grub population eating my little acre of St. Augustine grass! :)

(I have never used pesticides, and it takes a while for the local birds to catch on).

get yourself a container of earthworms and let them go on your lawn. a healthy worm population aerates the ground and attracts birds

get yourself a container of earthworms and let them go on your lawn. a healthy worm population aerates the ground and attracts birds
Earthworms? Will the earthworms eat the grubs?

Earthworms? Will the earthworms eat the grubs?

no, but they will attract birds who do

I waited for months to take a snap one of these guys...:D

Hummingbird
IMG_1235_edited-1.jpg

IMG_1236_edited-1.jpg

pretty clean shots for a hummingbird

Thanks when I say months I mean months. Waiting and staying still. These little guys would come close to my head and the moment I would reach for my camera...zoom.....this guy was just a lucky shot...:thup:

i've noticed they are a lot more human tolerant early in the morning. but it seems as the day goes on they become even more skittish.

pretty clean shots for a hummingbird

Thanks when I say months I mean months. Waiting and staying still. These little guys would come close to my head and the moment I would reach for my camera...zoom.....this guy was just a lucky shot...:thup:

i've noticed they are a lot more human tolerant early in the morning. but it seems as the day goes on they become even more skittish.

I agree, they are hungry, they want the goods and used to go between the two feeders I would have up. To hear one whizz by and feel the wind caused by their wings is something very unique and fun.

I agree, they are hungry, they want the goods and used to go between the two feeders I would have up. To hear one whizz by and feel the wind caused by their wings is something very unique and fun.

in the summer i eat breakfast on the deck every morning. this is usually around 5:45 - 6. they are out there buzzing around. they could almost care less I am there.

Forum List

Back