Wikileaks Alcohol industry bribed congress to denounce cannabis

Not sure about how everyone else feels but I prefer fully sober people to be around equipment. I do know that some potheads can and have put others at risk on construction sites. If someone want to imbibe that is fine but don't do it when they are situations where they can be putting others at risk with their hobby.

Nobody should be on anything if they are around equipment. The problem is that you can do a quick test to see if you are effected by alcohol right now, but with weed, they can't tell if you are high now or if it was last weekend.
I could see where that testing may be a problem so the regulators will have to take that all into consideration.

They do. If they find you have any weed in your system at all, you don't get on equipment. I spent years avoiding even being around pot because of that. Since retirement, I'm making up for it.
I worked for decades around equipment while stoned...I never had any problems and made a good living...Now those meth heads, coke heads, pill poppers, drunks and synthetic pot smokers I wouldn't want to be around, oh fuck, I was a drunk at one time also..But that habit made me only want to chase broads and hang out in beer joints....

LMFAO why are you cracking me the hell up today. Your are gonna make me piss myself laughing.

Not sure about how everyone else feels but I prefer fully sober people to be around equipment. I do know that some potheads can and have put others at risk on construction sites. If someone want to imbibe that is fine but don't do it when they are situations where they can be putting others at risk with their hobby.

Nobody should be on anything if they are around equipment. The problem is that you can do a quick test to see if you are effected by alcohol right now, but with weed, they can't tell if you are high now or if it was last weekend.

Then its up to government and industry to figure out a test for THC in the bloodstream, and set an intoxication point, similar to BAC.

I've been saying that since the first time I had to pee in a jar more than 20 years ago. Nothing yet
I had high test scores, perfect attendance and work ethics, yet I like to blow a joint...So when drug testing did show up, the Army covered my ass...Then when I got out and saw what industry was doing after working in it for several years I decided to start my own business....Since I noticed that straight people didn't know anything more than myself stoned..

Last edited:

I could see where that testing may be a problem so the regulators will have to take that all into consideration.

They do. If they find you have any weed in your system at all, you don't get on equipment. I spent years avoiding even being around pot because of that. Since retirement, I'm making up for it.
I worked for decades around equipment while stoned...I never had any problems and made a good living...Now those meth heads, coke heads, pill poppers, drunks and synthetic pot smokers I wouldn't want to be around, oh fuck, I was a drunk at one time also..But that habit made me only want to chase broads and hang out in beer joints....

LMFAO why are you cracking me the hell up today. Your are gonna make me piss myself laughing.
I've been sick for a week so I have to shine in some radiance..

Then its up to government and industry to figure out a test for THC in the bloodstream, and set an intoxication point, similar to BAC.

I've been saying that since the first time I had to pee in a jar more than 20 years ago. Nothing yet

Until now there hasn't been a need to. it was illegal, and all the evidence you needed was trace amounts in your system. With legality comes the need to show someone is impaired at the time of any incident, not that "they got it in their system".

I had high test scores and perfect attendance and work ethics, yet I like to blow a joint...So when drugs testing did show up, the Army covered my ass...Then when I got out and saw what industry was doing after working in it for several years I decided to start my own business....Since I noticed that straight people didn't know anything more than myself stoned..

I have the pleasure of working for a company that only does "for cause" drug testing, which means you basically have to show up high on something at work, or be dumb enough to have your use sneak out into public.

I know other people that did too, but I was never willing to take the chances that they did. Trust me, NOBODY is too bashful to question you if you're running a 250 ton crane with 300 ft of boom, and your reaction time seems a little bit off.

Until now there hasn't been a need to. it was illegal, and all the evidence you needed was trace amounts in your system. With legality comes the need to show someone is impaired at the time of any incident, not that "they got it in their system".
That legal or illegal issue would also affect an employer as an insurance risk. So legalizing could possibly drive up the expense to employers (insurance uses anything they can get their mitts on to claim additional risks are involved)

I had high test scores and perfect attendance and work ethics, yet I like to blow a joint...So when drugs testing did show up, the Army covered my ass...Then when I got out and saw what industry was doing after working in it for several years I decided to start my own business....Since I noticed that straight people didn't know anything more than myself stoned..

I have the pleasure of working for a company that only does "for cause" drug testing, which means you basically have to show up high on something at work, or be dumb enough to have your use sneak out into public.
My company had a drug test, it was knowing how many roaches made a .5 gram joint...The work we did was hard, heavy and took a heavy toll on the body..So having a joint was the best way to reward them for making me money...

I know other people that did too, but I was never willing to take the chances that they did. Trust me, NOBODY is too bashful to question you if you're running a 250 ton crane with 300 ft of boom, and your reaction time seems a little bit off.
I have yet to find any weed that is that good....

"They got it in their system" is all they have until a real test is developed. I don't want that to change until they do.

That legal or illegal issue would also affect an employer as an insurance risk. So legalizing could possibly drive up the expense to employers (insurance uses anything they can get their mitts on to claim additional risks are involved)

Insurance companies have to assume people may be high already, but I agree they then lose the "it was illegal" out and have to quantify the risk created.

Interesting how one thing affects all sorts of other things.

"They got it in their system" is all they have until a real test is developed. I don't want that to change until they do.

The big issue I see is that THC concentrations are probably way lower than alcohol concentrations in the blood, thus requiring a more accurate test. Also, I am not sure you can get the same correlation between blood alcohol (the actual legal measure) and a breathalyzer (a stand in field measurement with no legal backing) for THC. What that does is makes it longer for cops to prove a person may be impaired enough to ship them to the closest place for a blood test, and during that time the THC concentration decreases.

Insurance companies have to assume people may be high already, but I agree they then lose the "it was illegal" out and have to quantify the risk created.

Interesting how one thing affects all sorts of other things.
All those little things do add up. Sad really when you take it all under consideration. It winds up just living day to day is full of all sorts of little bits of bs. People either abusing things or demanding laws against abusers that ultimately effects the ones that are not abusers in a negative way.

WikiLeaks: Alcohol Industry Bribed Congress To Denounce Cannabis - Expand your Consciousness

Newly leaked information reveals that officials in some of the top alcohol companies in America spent money on persuading members of Congress to pay attention to the alleged problem of “marijuana-impaired driving.”When one compares the effects of marijuana to alcohol, there really is no competition. To begin with, alcohol is responsible for approximately 88,000 deaths in the United States each year and marijuana… zero.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is totally logical when you think as a business would. Cannabis is becoming a great investment in stocks, it really has been proven to be exceptional medicine. By making it recreationally legal the booze industry would lose billions.

Many people aware of this would rather have a pot head walking around than some drunk jekyl and hyde violent, raping drunk.
Because the reality is people who smoke pot do not get violent and if they do because MSM liars tell you this msm is either totally full of it, or the person also was drinking on top of smoking it. Not to mention the possibility of taking pills.

Pot alone does not cause anything the lying MSM bs ads tell you.

I don't buy the zero.

Driving while high on pot is extremely dangerous and should be treated no differently that drunk driving.

My company had a drug test, it was knowing how many roaches made a .5 gram joint...The work we did was hard, heavy and took a heavy toll on the body..So having a joint was the best way to reward them for making me money...

Sounds like a company I worked for when I first started. We always had a beer with lunch. When a bigger company bought us out, my boss told us that the beer at lunch had to stop, so if we were drinking at 11:59, we better throw that thing down and not open another till 12:31.

Sounds like a company I worked for when I first started. We always had a beer with lunch. When a bigger company bought us out, my boss told us that the beer at lunch had to stop, so if we were drinking at 11:59, we better throw that thing down and not open another till 12:31.
That's what 5 gallon buckets with ice is for..

WikiLeaks: Alcohol Industry Bribed Congress To Denounce Cannabis - Expand your Consciousness

Newly leaked information reveals that officials in some of the top alcohol companies in America spent money on persuading members of Congress to pay attention to the alleged problem of “marijuana-impaired driving.”When one compares the effects of marijuana to alcohol, there really is no competition. To begin with, alcohol is responsible for approximately 88,000 deaths in the United States each year and marijuana… zero.

This is totally logical when you think as a business would. Cannabis is becoming a great investment in stocks, it really has been proven to be exceptional medicine. By making it recreationally legal the booze industry would lose billions.

Many people aware of this would rather have a pot head walking around than some drunk jekyl and hyde violent, raping drunk.
Because the reality is people who smoke pot do not get violent and if they do because MSM liars tell you this msm is either totally full of it, or the person also was drinking on top of smoking it. Not to mention the possibility of taking pills.

I don't buy the zero.

Driving while high on pot is extremely dangerous and should be treated no differently that drunk driving.
I have no problems driving stoned, but drunk is another story...

The big issue I see is that THC concentrations are probably way lower than alcohol concentrations in the blood, thus requiring a more accurate test. Also, I am not sure you can get the same correlation between blood alcohol (the actual legal measure) and a breathalyzer (a stand in field measurement with no legal backing) for THC. What that does is makes it longer for cops to prove a person may be impaired enough to ship them to the closest place for a blood test, and during that time the THC concentration decreases.

THC is stored in the fat and lasts for weeks. It won't go away after a couple of hours or days. They can check your hair follicles to see if you have smoked for the last month or more.

I don't buy the zero.

I have BIG problems with you being on the road with me when you're stoned, and want you tossed in jail. That you have no care for the lives of others is obvious, but I want our laws to punish those like you who flagrantly endanger others by driving in a diminished capacity.

I don't buy the zero.

I have BIG problems with you being on the road with me when you're stoned, and want you tossed in jail. That you have no care for the lives of others is obvious, but I want our laws to punish those like you who flagrantly endanger others by driving in a diminished capacity.
40 years of driving a no one killed, just wait till I'm eighty, stoned and have poor eyesight..

Forum List

Back