Why's the best sci-fi tv series from 20+ years ago?

Dr Who is still my favorite, spanning 50+ years.

(with far too many vacations to my liking)

"Seaquest" is interesting for the future it depicted we're actually seeing a lot of now. Bans on meat and smoking come instantly to mind. :)

The original "Twilight Zone" has no peer.

I've seen all of them, but the only other SF series I actually reserved time to watch was the recent resurrection of Battlestar Galactica.

I've seen all of them, but the only other SF series I actually reserved time to watch was the recent resurrection of Battlestar Galactica.

Outer Limits is Zone's peer. :)

Six of one half dozen of the other. While OL had some fantastic episodes, the writing was not as consistent as TZ.

This really bugged me. :laugh:

"Space: Above and Beyond" was mine.
Special effects were decent, and it had a passable plot to it.
Ended far too soon.

Ended far too soon.

Loved it too. As has always been their problem, Fox cancelled great series. Best episode for me was "Sugardirt" think it was, all stranded and cut off for a long while facing starvation and such.

Ended far too soon.

Loved it too. As has always been their problem, Fox cancelled great series. Best episode for me was "Sugardirt" think it was, all stranded and cut off for a long while facing starvation and such.
I believe that you're correct.
I think that my favorite was the one that had the "As easy as eating pancakes" line. "Ray Butts", IIRC.
Really hard to believe that was 20 years ago... now I feel old.:cry:

Ended far too soon.

I believe that you're correct.
I think that my favorite was the one that had the "As easy as eating pancakes" line. "Ray Butts", IIRC.
Really hard to believe that was 20 years ago... now I feel old.:cry:

Ya the black hole one. :) Well done 'entry into a black hole' as sci-fi goes I thought.

BSG was one of the best series I have ever seen. Very well done. Game of Thrones is right there with it (but not really a sci-fi).

Deep Space Nine was the best...a linear story and better characters....but let' not forget SG-1 -- Still my favorite

Deep Space Nine was the best...a linear story and better characters....but let' not forget SG-1 -- Still my favorite
SG1 was VERY good all the way up until the end where thy made one of the worse last episodes in TV history. I used to like DS9 but then re-watched it recently - it was horrible. I am not even sure why I thought it was good.

I've never understood the hype for the Battlestar Galactica remake. It wasn't a terrible show, but it wasn't great, either. I mean, they had Starbuck fix a hole in a ship with a flight suit and some 'space tape'! :lol:

Forum List

Back