Why would Republicans nominate Trump in 2024?

Imagine John Kasich going "I like people who weren't captured".

Yeah! It would make more sense than anything John Kasick did say, not that anyone was ever listening.

FINALLY someone said the exact truth about the McCain nonsense. Why oh why say people are "heroes" because they get shot down or blown up? The bomber pilot -- not a nice occupation anyway, and in Vietnam?? Darn -- who gets shot down is not a hero, he's a failure, and Trump had the plain say-it-like-it-is to just say so. Actually, Trump was more polite than I just was. Bravo.

I didn't vote in that McCain election. His Sarah Palin pick was such an embarrassment and a slap in the face to all women, in my opinion. All that woman had going for her was a big front.

And that's only ever happened with Grover Cleveland and Grover Cleveland (they're two people). In fact no defeated incumbent has ever been renominated since the two-term limit was installed.

No, you are forgetting Teddy Roosevelt (whom Trump closely resembles) -- he was renominated from his Bull Moore party. Also the mathematically famous mnemonic e = 2.7 (Andrew Jackson) (Andrew Jackson). He served two terms: 1828 and 1832 after losing to a surely stolen election "won" in 1824 by John Quincy Adams. Jackson won the popular vote but not the Electoral College (heard that one before?) and Calhoun threw his support behind Adams in exchange for Secretary of State; this was then and now known as The Corrupt Bargain, because it was. These cases don't meet your exact terms with Cleveland, but they are close: so three examples, and Trump can make the fourth, if he lives so long in health.

The post clearly says "since the two-term limit was installed" but just because you bring him up, TR wasn't a defeated incumbent when he was passed over by the Republican convention in 1912 even though he had the commanding lead in the primaries. His "Bull Moose" party nominated him, not "re"-nominated. It was the first and only time it did that.

Almost worked too. The Republican came in third, making that the last time a "third party" had any bearing on the election outcome.

But what 1912 also shows is that a political party can and does nominate whoever it wants to nominate, primaries or no primaries, which in turn means the same party could have done the same thing --- a former First Lady's mantra of "just say no" --- in 2016. But they declined to take that option, and now they're paying the price in Chaos.

Now let's do Jackson, the only POTUS besides Washington to get the office without a political party. Yes he did pull both more popular and electoral votes than Quincy in 1824 but did not get enough EVs to trip the Presidency, so as the Constitution prescribes it went to the morass of Congress, which chose Quincy in the infamous "corrupt bargain". But the fact remains he didn't win, and was not sworn in as a result of, the 1824 election, ergo he was not an incumbent in 1828.

Cleveland (and Cleveland too) was (were) nominated in 1892 after losing as an incumbent in 1888, but that too was before the 22nd Amendment. But I'm not clear on whether the defeated 1888 Cleveland was the first Grover Cleveland or the second identical Grover Cleveland.

Speaking of Cleveland though, the Prez who interrupted his term and made him two people, the memorable Benjamin Harrison, was the only POTUS candidate to lose the popular vote TWICE, until now. Not counting Quincy (who also ran in 1820 and lost) because the popular vote wasn't really a thing, certainly not nationally, until after the Civil War.

Finally, back up to your first line, "TR whom Rump closely resembles". Fair point --- bombastic egomaniac from New York who bellows a lot. The difference is that TR made adjustments to his ego while Rump, even as we speak, is punching the walls in the Oval Office, screaming in the anguish he created for himself, unable or unwilling to think his way out of it.

From a purely partisan, pragmatic, and practical standpoint one fails to see why the GOP would nominate Trump again – go with someone who could serve two consecutive terms; go with someone more likely to win.

And that's only ever happened with Grover Cleveland and Grover Cleveland (they're two people). In fact no defeated incumbent has ever been renominated since the two-term limit was installed. I can't say it was for that reason, but with all the baggage of being nationally rejected, a legacy of lies and domestic violence incitement, illegal activities, impeachment, a pandemic epic failure and rendering the country a laughingstock around the world, the party has to see Rump as irretrievably damaged goods, even without that term limit.

They'd in effect be saying "hey, wanna buy a POTUS? Only 20,000 lies on it, and yeah the Carfax says he was impeached but we took it to a body shop -- don't you miss the old daze of "beat the crap out of 'im"?

Doesn't seem like a winning slogan.
True.

So this rhetoric about Trump in 2024 seems a combination of Trump the con artist playing the rubes, trying to stay relevant after he leaves office next year, and Trump cult members who are so delusional and blind as to believe Trump could actually be elected in 2024.

Spot on balls accurate.

So the real question is, how much will a prospective Republican 2024 candidate try to mimic Rump. Not a good plan but somebody will try. At this point my money's on Rubio, who's already practicing.
Agreed.

So Republicans will placate Trump for a year or so, see how the midterms go, and get serious about 2024 after that – sans Trump.

Nothing is more important to Republicans than controlling the WH, perceived to be their ‘birthright.’

And just as important is controlling the WH for as long as possible – preferably eight years; much of the consternation at Trump’s loss this year is that Republicans were ‘cheated’ out of eight years of Republican rule.

But if elected in 2024, Trump would be able to serve only one four-year term – Republicans wouldn’t have the incumbent advantage going into the 2028 election year.

Trump may be a felon by 2024 - which would make him ineligible to be president again.

From a purely partisan, pragmatic, and practical standpoint one fails to see why the GOP would nominate Trump again – go with someone who could serve two consecutive terms; go with someone more likely to win.

And that's only ever happened with Grover Cleveland and Grover Cleveland (they're two people). In fact no defeated incumbent has ever been renominated since the two-term limit was installed. I can't say it was for that reason, but with all the baggage of being nationally rejected, a legacy of lies and domestic violence incitement, illegal activities, impeachment, a pandemic epic failure and rendering the country a laughingstock around the world, the party has to see Rump as irretrievably damaged goods, even without that term limit.

They'd in effect be saying "hey, wanna buy a POTUS? Only 20,000 lies on it, and yeah the Carfax says he was impeached but we took it to a body shop -- don't you miss the old daze of "beat the crap out of 'im"?

True.

So this rhetoric about Trump in 2024 seems a combination of Trump the con artist playing the rubes, trying to stay relevant after he leaves office next year, and Trump cult members who are so delusional and blind as to believe Trump could actually be elected in 2024.

Spot on balls accurate.

So the real question is, how much will a prospective Republican 2024 candidate try to mimic Rump. Not a good plan but somebody will try. At this point my money's on Rubio, who's already practicing.

You can’t mimic Trump
He is a cartoon character that Conservatives take seriously.
Nobody can repeat it.

Imagine Nikki Haley caught on tape saying "grab 'em by the p***y". Imagine Ted Cruz wandering around going "my father was born in a very wonderful place in Germany". Imagine John Kasich going "I like people who weren't captured".

:rofl:
Any politician who did ONE of the things Trump has said or done would have ruined their career.

Whatever Trump says or does is excused by the right

Imagine John Kasich going "I like people who weren't captured".

Yeah! It would make more sense than anything John Kasick did say, not that anyone was ever listening.

FINALLY someone said the exact truth about the McCain nonsense. Why oh why say people are "heroes" because they get shot down or blown up? The bomber pilot -- not a nice occupation anyway, and in Vietnam?? Darn -- who gets shot down is not a hero, he's a failure, and Trump had the plain say-it-like-it-is to just say so. Actually, Trump was more polite than I just was. Bravo.

I didn't vote in that McCain election. His Sarah Palin pick was such an embarrassment and a slap in the face to all women, in my opinion. All that woman had going for her was a big front.
damn.....

What a sick fuk you are

Even Trump knows he lost
As I keep reminding you this is not about trump

its about 73 million Americans who dems are trying to cheat out of an election

Yuh huh.

So let's review. Rump gets his ass kicked by six million votes while at the same time his party's Senators hold their ground and his party's Reps gain ground ---- and somehow it wasn't about Rump.

Ignorance is Strength. Keep telling yourself that.
5 million of them were fraudulent.

That doesn't even include the millions of friggin Illegals that voted in the Commie states without any voter ID.

True.

Spot on balls accurate.

You can’t mimic Trump
He is a cartoon character that Conservatives take seriously.
Nobody can repeat it.

Imagine Nikki Haley caught on tape saying "grab 'em by the p***y". Imagine Ted Cruz wandering around going "my father was born in a very wonderful place in Germany". Imagine John Kasich going "I like people who weren't captured".

:rofl:

Imagine any Republican selling out his country to China, Russia and Ukraine and using his son to launder the money. That would be one corrupt asshole, wouldn't it?

Biden is owned by the Chinese. Lock, stock and barrel.

Shame on you stupid uneducated low information Moon Bats that were so fucked up in the mind and full of hate for the US that you voted for the corrupt sonofabitch.

1605472529528.png

Nothing is more important to Republicans than controlling the WH, perceived to be their ‘birthright.’

And just as important is controlling the WH for as long as possible – preferably eight years; much of the consternation at Trump’s loss this year is that Republicans were ‘cheated’ out of eight years of Republican rule.

But if elected in 2024, Trump would be able to serve only one four-year term – Republicans wouldn’t have the incumbent advantage going into the 2028 election year.

Trump may be a felon by 2024 - which would make him ineligible to be president again.

Actually I don't think it would make him ineligible. He'd still be over 35 and a citizen. Even though his father was born in a very wonderful place in Germany. But maybe that will have changed by then too.

If the republicans are smart they will have a different nominee in 2024.

If trump survives all the legal problems headed his way I don't think he will be in any position to run for political office again.

Even Trump knows he lost
As I keep reminding you this is not about trump

its about 73 million Americans who dems are trying to cheat out of an election

Yuh huh.

So let's review. Rump gets his ass kicked by six million votes while at the same time his party's Senators hold their ground and his party's Reps gain ground ---- and somehow it wasn't about Rump.

Ignorance is Strength. Keep telling yourself that.
5 million of them were fraudulent.

That doesn't even include the millions of friggin Illegals that voted in the Commie states without any voter ID.

Oh yeah, that takes me back too --- "three million illegals voted" :rofl: What a wimp.

Unfortunately Whiny Little Bitch needs to update that number now, so "six million illegals voted" might cover it. Better make it seven to make sure.

----- which then means that Rump allowed seven million illegals to waltz into the country and vote against him, whereas O'bama only let in three million, and even then it didn't work.

Oooooooooooooooopsie.

Your party is attempting to steal an election from trump supporters by stuffing the ballot boxes with illegal votes

Ted Cruz let Trump mock how ugly his wife is and still cowered to him.
I think libs are premature

dont make ted cruz your new whipping boy till trump is gone and its safe to leave your basement

Your party is attempting to steal an election from trump supporters by stuffing the ballot boxes with illegal votes

"My" party? :lmao:

I don't have a "party", imbecile. Most of us don't. Of course that's prolly way too big a concept for you obedient sheep to wrap your tiny little heads around.

But since you're mentally limited here's Gore to bring you something simple you can relate to.

72 million Trump voters.....

"My" party? :lmao:

I don't have a "party", imbecile. Most of us don't. Of course that's prolly way too big a concept for you obedient sheep to wrap your tiny little heads around.

But since you're mentally limited here's Gore to bring you something simple you can relate to.

You vote Dim, support Dims and regurgitate Dim propaganda. You're a Dim.

Forum List

Back