Why won't Obama impose a flight ban from Ebola-stricken nations?

Have you lefties gone so far overboard that you have absolutely no ability to use common sense anymore?

I can easily explain how a flight ban will keep Ebola from spreading, can you rationally explain how it will make things worse? Feel free to use the idiotic statements that the morons in the obama administration use.

We already have that ban. There are no flights to America from the ebola effected nations.

You can't tell other nations what to do or what flights they can accept into their nation. You don't rule the world. Or even America.

Stop whining about something that's not happening. And stop thinking you're king of the world who has a right to tell other nations what flights they can or can't accept into their nations.

I agree that there are no direct flights from the affected areas to the US. They have to change planes or at least refuel the one they are on at an airport in Europe. Banning anyone with a passport from West Africa would be a start and to the best of my knowledge, they have to have a VISA to come to the US. Where do you think they get the VISA from?

If the title of this thread wasn't "why won't Obama impose flight bans on ebola stricken nations?" I wouldn't have told the OP and others the reason why Obama won't do that is because it doesn't need to be done.

If the title of this thread had been "why won't Obama ban those with passports from ebola stricken nations from entering America?" I would have agreed with the question. Why aren't people with passports from ebola stricken nations being prevented from coming here? Especially when we have private hospitals like the one in Texas that totally blundered the situation and sent a person with ebola out into the community only because the man didn't have insurance and no way to pay for his bill. They diagnosed him with a sinus infection and sent him out to infect who knows how many people.

But that's not what the OP asked. That's not what the conservatives have been screaming for Obama to do. They've been screaming for all flights from ebola stricken nations be banned. Why didn't the conservatives take a few minutes to find out that there are no flights from those nations to America? Banning flights from those nations won't do one single thing to prevent the spread of ebola. Since there are no flights to be banned. Why didn't they demand that those with passports from those nations be banned? Seems to me that all the OP and others want to do is bash the president and call him names. Over something that is nothing but a lie. A lie created by those same conservative people.

I stuck to the topic of the thread and answered the very stupid question.

Last edited:
The medical profession and the FAA said that a flight ban would not work...

The FAA works for Obama. Of course they said that.

When you say "the medical profession," who would that be?
Dr Tom Frieden, director of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, has tried to explain why he doesn’t support a travel ban:

Importantly, isolating countries won’t keep Ebola contained and away from American shores. Paradoxically, it will increase the risk that Ebola will spread in those countries and to other countries, and that we will have more patients who develop Ebola in the US. People will move between countries, even when governments restrict travel and trade. And that kind of travel becomes almost impossible to track.

Simply put: you can’t seal the country. If you blocked air travel, it would force desperate individuals to use alternative routes – over land and sea – to escape the epidemic. They’ll still end up in the US, except you won’t know where.
Ebola Is Coming. A Travel Ban Won t Stop Outbreaks - Forbes

Obama appointed Frieden to his position. I would expect him to take the same position as his boss.
Does not always mean he will...

If he wants to keep his job, he will

Read more: Blog Why won t Obama impose a flight ban from Ebola-stricken nations

Perhaps he sees himself a citizen of the world and would not punish nations in Africa who have suffered from being colonized by the West. He did call himself a citizen of the world in 2008 - while overseas.

Given testimony delivered this week by CDC head Tom Frieden it does seem that President Obama is the person preventing the ban from being imposed , ignoring the will –again-of the vast majority of Americans who see such an action as being a sensible precaution, especially given the incompetence so pervasive in our government. Protests have started across from the White House, complete with Hazmat-costumed people :

193312_5_.jpg

By God, Quarintine Texas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you lefties gone so far overboard that you have absolutely no ability to use common sense anymore?

I can easily explain how a flight ban will keep Ebola from spreading, can you rationally explain how it will make things worse? Feel free to use the idiotic statements that the morons in the obama administration use.

We already have that ban. There are no flights to America from the ebola effected nations.

You can't tell other nations what to do or what flights they can accept into their nation. You don't rule the world. Or even America.

Stop whining about something that's not happening. And stop thinking you're king of the world who has a right to tell other nations what flights they can or can't accept into their nations.

I agree that there are no direct flights from the affected areas to the US. They have to change planes or at least refuel the one they are on at an airport in Europe. Banning anyone with a passport from West Africa would be a start and to the best of my knowledge, they have to have a VISA to come to the US. Where do you think they get the VISA from?

If the title of this thread wasn't "why won't Obama impose flight bans on ebola stricken nations?" I wouldn't have told the OP and others the reason why Obama won't do that is because it doesn't need to be done.

If the title of this thread had been "why won't Obama ban those with passports from ebola stricken nations from entering America?" I would have agreed with the question. Why aren't people with passports from ebola stricken nations being prevented from coming here? Especially when we have private hospitals like the one in Texas that totally blundered the situation and sent a person with ebola out into the community only because the man didn't have insurance and no way to pay for his bill. They diagnosed him with a sinus infection and sent him out to infect who knows how many people.

But that's not what the OP asked. That's not what the conservatives have been screaming for Obama to do. They've been screaming for all flights from ebola stricken nations be banned. Why didn't the conservatives take a few minutes to find out that there are no flights from those nations to America? Banning flights from those nations won't do one single thing to prevent the spread of ebola. Since there are no flights to be banned. Why didn't they demand that those with passports from those nations be banned? Seems to me that all the OP and others want to do is bash the president and call him names. Over something that is nothing but a lie. A lie created by those same conservative people.

I stuck to the topic of the thread and answered the very stupid question.

Good point. Now, back to the ban of people with passports from those nations. The people that would do that are Federal employees that work for the President. He has a pen and an phone and can stop them in a heartbeat.

Read more: Blog Why won t Obama impose a flight ban from Ebola-stricken nations

Perhaps he sees himself a citizen of the world and would not punish nations in Africa who have suffered from being colonized by the West. He did call himself a citizen of the world in 2008 - while overseas.

Given testimony delivered this week by CDC head Tom Frieden it does seem that President Obama is the person preventing the ban from being imposed , ignoring the will –again-of the vast majority of Americans who see such an action as being a sensible precaution, especially given the incompetence so pervasive in our government. Protests have started across from the White House, complete with Hazmat-costumed people :

193312_5_.jpg

By God, Quarintine Texas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Frontier Airline airplane that the infected nurse flew on flew to 6 or 7 different states before it was discovered that it might be contagious. Do you think those states should be quarantined as well?

Forum List

Back