Why were the GOP so confident about Mike Johnson being Speaker?

Yeah, they compromised. That's how it works.

2 months ago compromising was evil and cost a man his position, now it is worthy of worship.

no consistency at all.

You Democrats would do better finding a plausible candidate to run against Trump than trying to convince the GOP to keep rubber stamping your massive spending.

So, in Feb when this is all said and done, what will the overall spending cut percentage be?

Will the GOP have cut 10% off the top of the budget? 5%

2 months ago compromising was evil and cost a man his position, now it is worthy of worship.

no consistency at all.
Nope. It was the specific way that Kevin did it that cost him his job.
So, in Feb when this is all said and done, what will the overall spending cut percentage be?

Will the GOP have cut 10% off the top of the budget? 5%
Who knows? Splitting the budget may finally get us away from the omnibus spending bills that have put us in the hole we find ourselves in. The spending in the past has been "bi-partisan" if you count RINO's as Republicans. The Freedom Caucus movement will grow with more successes as your president's reign shows us the results of constantly kowtowing to Democrats.

Our grandkids futures might be saved after all. I'm surprised at how strongly you oppose that, just so that Dems can keep up the waste.

Nope. It was the specific way that Kevin did it that cost him his job.

Except nothing is different except two end dates vice one.

Who knows? Splitting the budget may finally get us away from the omnibus spending bills that have put us in the hole we find ourselves in. The spending in the past has been "bi-partisan" if you count RINO's as Republicans. The Freedom Caucus movement will grow with more successes as your president's reign shows us the results of constantly kowtowing to Democrats.

Well, lets put down a little wager, it will be fun to guess and see who is the closet to the percentage cut from overall spending. I say that despite all this drama, we will not cut even one percent of one percent from our overall spending, but will in fact spend more.

So, give us your best guess of how much will be cut.

Except nothing is different except two end dates vice one.
Which is a YUGE concession.

But you do you. I know you Dems get excited at any perceived chink in the GOP armor.
Well, lets put down a little wager, it will be fun to guess and see who is the closet to the percentage cut from overall spending. I say that despite all this drama, we will not cut even one percent of one percent from our overall spending, but will in fact spend more.

So, give us your best guess of how much will be cut.
OK.

You say the cuts will be zero.

I say spending will increase of course, so I'll guess the cut will be -1.

So, in the end we both agree spending will increase, so, tell me what has changed? What is it your so very damn proud of your beloved party for?
Are You sure this is a sincere question?

It seems you were expecting me to say"why sure! I'll wager that a small group of honest Republicans in one half of Congress will be ablev to force the first spending cuts in history on the Dems and RINOs who control the Senat and the White House!"

Your ploy did not work. Now you are frustrated and pretending that you don't know that a smaller spending increase is better than a larger spending increase.

But that's not the best news currently. The best news is the split of the continuing resolution into parts.

If splitting the spending bills into parts - setting that precedent - means that your ilk can no longer hold the entire budget hostage to their demands to drive us into bankruptcy, that is a step in the right direction.

That success will also help voters see that voting for real Republicans will have real results and that the RINO Republicans are a far bigger obstacle to fiscal responsibility than the democrats.

Are You sure this is a sincere question?

It seems you were expecting me to say"why sure! I'll wager that a small group of honest Republicans in one half of Congress will be ablev to force the first spending cuts in history on the Dems and RINOs who control the Senat and the White House!"

Your ploy did not work. Now you are frustrated and pretending that you don't know that a smaller spending increase is better than a larger spending increase.

But that's not the best news currently. The best news is the split of the continuing resolution into parts.

If splitting the spending bills into parts - setting that precedent - means that your ilk can no longer hold the entire budget hostage to their demands to drive us into bankruptcy, that is a step in the right direction.

That success will also help voters see that voting for real Republicans will have real results and that the RINO Republicans are a far bigger obstacle to fiscal responsibility than the democrats.

that is a lot of damn words just to admit again that spending is not going to be cut.

that is a lot of damn words just to admit again that spending is not going to be cut.
What do you mean "admit?"

I've alread said it. You cannot counter the points I made, so you call them "a lot of words."

Trying to make a victory of it for yourself is pretty sad.

What do you mean "admit?"

I've alread said it. You cannot counter the points I made, so you call them "a lot of words."

Trying to make a victory of it for yourself is pretty sad.

There were no points to counter, there was just your latest fantasy about what you think will happen.

In Nov 2024 I will laugh at you when it does not.

Really, and of course you can give examples of where I was wrong?
To keep the list manageable, I'll only go with the most recent example. During your beloved RINO speaker Kevin McCarty's fight to keep theyou stated that he was going to punk all of the actual Republicans. He and you thought that by cow-towing to Democrats they would step up to the plate when he was in trouble. Democrats don't keep their Expressly spoken word, much less whatever implication he thought he had from them.

You admitted being wrong, just as I would have in that situation had I been wrong. Nothing wrong with making predictions. Nothing wrong with making predictions and taunting the person you are talking to as if the predictions were sure to come true. Part of the fun of a message board. But when you develop a track record of consistently being wrong, you start to sound like the global warming alarmists.

To keep the list manageable, I'll only go with the most recent example. During your beloved RINO speaker Kevin McCarty's fight to keep theyou stated that he was going to punk all of the actual Republicans. He and you thought that by cow-towing to Democrats they would step up to the plate when he was in trouble. Democrats don't keep their Expressly spoken word, much less whatever implication he thought he had from them.

True, I did think the Dems would save poor Mac. That guy got fucked front and back! :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back