Why the protest at the Capital was not an insurrection.

Storm the Winter Palace, if you must, but the results are usually not worth it.

"Storming the Winter Palace" would end up with a lot of deaths, and there is the risk even worse people would take over. So I tend to agree.
However, I still enjoyed seeing Jan 6, where the member of congress were not quite so arrogant for a few hours.
Congress needs to be reminded they are not the source of legal authority.
They can only legally make laws that are necessary to defend us.

Democrats are fools. If their silly gambit of whining about insurrection actually works, and Trump is declared ineligible the effects would be staggering for Democrats. The whole Squad, VP Harris, and numerous other Democrats would share the same fate. The difference being, the effect would be immediate and final, not a year away. Semantics has consequences.
Trump broke numerous laws and is being held accountable for it

Stop the Steal

Trump never gave them any direction, just ordered them to stop it
They had to improvise

So, Stopping the Steal involved storming the Capitol, beating any officers who got in your way, trying to capture members of Congress and driving them into hiding so they couldn’t certify the election
What you describe is a disruption; not a threat to our Democracy. The Bernie Sanders supporter shooting up an open field of Republican Congressional Representatives was more of a threat to our Democracy but still could only classify as a disruption.

What you describe is a disruption; not a threat to our Democracy. The Bernie Sanders supporter shooting up an open field of Republican Congressional Representatives was more of a threat to our Democracy but still could only classify as a disruption.

Bernie Sanders did not send him to…….Stop the Softball Game

Bernie Sanders did not send him to…….Stop the Softball Game
“Sending” is not what I am debating. I am debating what constitutes a threat to our democracy and; in my view, neither event did though the action from the Sanders supporter was part of a broader goal towards that end whereas January 6 was solely focused on the goal of not certifying the election that day.

“Sending” is not what I am debating. I am debating what constitutes a threat to our democracy and; in my view, neither event did though the action from the Sanders supporter was part of a broader goal towards that end whereas January 6 was solely focused on the goal of not certifying the election that day.
Stop trying to minimize what happened on Jan 6

They stormed the Capitol demanding…..
Where is Nancy Pelosi?
Where is AOC?
Where is Mike Pence?

They had Zip Ties to restrain their captives

The fact that the Capitol Police thwarted their attempt does dot change their intent

Where is Nancy Pelosi?
Where is AOC?
Where is Mike Pence?

The fact that the Capitol Police thwarted their attempt does dot change their intent
Again, disrupt the certification of the election; not fundamentally transform our government and threaten our Democracy. It is you people that need to stop pretending that Democracy was ever threatened..

I am not minimizing January 6…. The people that stormed the Capitol, threatened police and its members with violence…. all need to be punished.

Where is Nancy Pelosi?
Where is AOC?
Where is Mike Pence?

Since you are so concerned about minimizing violent riots, you might want to weigh in on the practice from our Democrat elected officials who support and promote bail bond defense funds so that perpetrators who burn, loot, and maim, can get out of jail and do it again.

Since you are so concerned about minimizing violent riots, you might want to weigh in on the practice from our Democrat elected officials who support and promote bail bond defense funds so that perpetrators who burn, loot, and maim, can get out of jail and do it again.
One does not excuse the other.

One does not excuse the other.
no is advocating that. If anything, your side is being exposed for not being consistent in your logic and concern for violent riots in the US.

If you believe that Trump should be held accountable for inciting January 6th riots but ignore the roles Kamala Harris and Maxine Waters played in the 2020 riots, then you are full of shit.

no is advocating that. If anything, your side is being exposed for not being consistent in your logic and concern for violent riots in the US.

If you believe that Trump should be held accountable for inciting January 6th riots but ignore the roles Kamala Harris and Maxine Waters played in the 2020 riots, then you are full of shit.
Like I said, stuff vs democracy. There’s no comparison.

Bond means you are released pending trial. You still must face charges.
I doubt if anyone out on bail will risk it being revoked by participating in another riot.

Bond means you are released pending trial. You still must face charges.
I doubt if anyone out on bail will risk it being revoked by participating in another riot.
We all know what Bond means. So, you are good with Kamala Harris and Maxine Waters promoting bond and legal defense funds for BLM and ANTIFA riots. How is that different vs. conservative politicians raising legal defense and bail funds for January 6 rioters?

Forum List

Back