Why the protest at the Capital was not an insurrection.

I try to imagine what you’d be saying, if it had actually been Antifa and BLM attacking the Capitol. :rolleyes-41:
Well, I felt more for the brown immigrants whose dreams and livelihoods were burnt and looted while people were maimed and killed around them all by BLM and ANTIFA in Seattle, St. Louis, Chicago, Denver and other American cities leading up to January 6. Comparatively, the Capitol suffered nothing.

Well, I felt more for the brown immigrants whose dreams and livelihoods were burnt and looted while people were maimed and killed around them all by BLM and ANTIFA in Seattle, St. Louis, Chicago, Denver and other American cities leading up to January 6. Comparatively, the Capitol suffered nothing.
We were talking about a threat to democracy, not stuff.

Votto, the first of those trains have already left the station.
Juries have already unanimously agreed that first of those tried were "beyond reasonable doubt" guilty seditious conspiracy. The convicted persons activities to enable and assist the seditious attack upon the Capital Building was integral to their conviction. Trials for others are already docketed.

Those Jews your link refers to were disrupting the orderly use of the Capital Building and disobeyed police ordering them to leave. I suppose they were arrested and charged with trespassing.
I don't suppose those arrested attempted or did disrupt or hinder any particular government tasks or procedures, or threaten or attack police officers, or other government employees, or officials.
Respectfully, Supposn

That’s not what the courts are saying. Property can be dealt with by insurance, justice for the 1/6 crimes will have to be democracy’s insurance.
I’ve lived in DC my entire life and even worked on Capitol Hill. That place was fortified within hours of 1/6 and all cleaned up in no time compared to what people went through from the violence caused by the BLM and ANTIFA agents. As for what the courts are saying, are these the same courts taking their sweet ass time with due process?

I’ve lived in DC my entire life and even worked on Capitol Hill. That place was fortified within hours of 1/6 and all cleaned up in no time compared to what people went through from the violence caused by the BLM and ANTIFA agents. As for what the courts are saying, are these the same courts taking their sweet ass time with due process?
Relevance? :dunno:

Again, our Democracy was never under a threat. Livelihoods are ruined because of the animal behavior from BLM and ANTIFA.
So your Defense is that Trump was not very good at overthrowing our Democracy

View attachment 845258

Hundreds of Jewish American protesters entered a congressional building on Wednesday to demand a ceasefire in the Israel-Hamas war, prompting some Republicans to describe their actions as an "insurrection."

Two Jewish anti-Zionist groups, Jewish Voice for Peace and If Not Now, staged a sit-in inside the rotunda of the Cannon House Office Building on Wednesday, calling on Congress to push for an immediate ceasefire and prevent an expected Israeli ground offensive in Gaza.

"To the best of our knowledge, they were all arrested," Meyerson-Knox told Newsweek. Photos showed the protesters being restrained with zip-ties and led out of the building by officers.

The U.S. Capitol Police said 305 people were arrested, including three people who were charged with assault on a police officer.

However, the GOP has it all wrong. This was NOT, NOT,. NOT, NOT, NOT, NOT, NOT, NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............and insurrection!

Let me splain why.

1. No one wore a Viking hat. You can't have an insurrection without a man running round with a Viking hat.

View attachment 845255

2. This was a mostly peaceful and mostly legal protest. Sure, they assaulted a police officer and broke laws that caused them to get arrested within the building. Big deal. Blah, blah, blah! But were any of the unalarmed protestors shot dead by police at the Capital? No. This tells me that the police did not feel threatened when assaulted by protestors. Also, they get no points for the fact that they were breaking laws within the building and later arrested. We all know they will get out the next day instead of being held in jail for 50 years or mor like real insurrectionists..

3. These were democrat Leftists. Just like Democrats can't be racist, they also can't be an insurrectionist. Duh! For example, Hamas is a Leftists organization that is hell bent on the destruction of the Jewish state. However, they can never be racist nor terrorists because they are on the Left. Therefore, they are free to behead as many babies and elderly women and Americans they wish and it's all good, but once the dirty Jews come after them, then it's oppression and apartheid, blah, blah, blah.

4 Rep. Rashida Tlaib led the illegal protest that assaulted a police officer. You can't call it an insurrection when the leader of the illegal activity is an active and sitting member of Congress. Plus, no Viking hat, so no points there. After all, only Trump belongs in jail compared to all of our fine law-abiding members of Congress with their Gold bars and insider trading, etc.

5. Trump condemned the protestors that broke laws at the Capital and condemned any assaults on the police. However, Rashida Tlaib praised these things, just like she praised the death of the Jewish and American scum by the thousands at the hands of the glorious freedom fighters of Hamas!

So don't let any of your MAGA friends tell you there is a two-tiered justice system in the US today. Just get up in their face and start screaming, "No justice no peace!" like the deranged unthinking NPC character you have been programmed to be.

View attachment 845253

At the same time, never forget everyone! "All Animals on animal farm are equal, but some are more equal than others".
Bull$hit...

Personally, I don't care if you turn the water-cannons and tear-gas and mounted police cavalry on those Pali-lovers...

I hope the Feds throw the book at 'em...

But they did not assault the Congress of the United States in order to keep a sociopathic autocrat-wannabe in power...

Big phukking difference...

One that you're not going to be allowed to "get away with", in the criminal law courts...

The Law is still going to bitch-slap your traitorous January 6th'ers...

Enjoy...

Bull$hit...

Personally, I don't care if you turn the water-cannons and tear-gas and mounted police cavalry on those Pali-lovers...

I hope the Feds throw the book at 'em...

But they did not assault the Congress of the United States in order to keep a sociopathic autocrat-wannabe in power...

Big phukking difference...

One that you're not going to be allowed to "get away with", in the criminal law courts...

The Law is still going to bitch-slap your traitorous January 6th'ers...

Enjoy...
Those who were on the front lines on Jan 6 are already in jail

Now, those who orchestrated the whole attempt to overturn the election will face the music

The only people who said the protestors wanted to overthrow Democracy are you people.

Why were they there?
Not to protest but to “Stop the Steal”

Trump was not very good at telling them what they were expected to do, but that it was their responsibility to stop it

Why were they there?

Trump was not very good at telling them what they were expected to do, but that it was their responsibility to stop it
What were they expected to do?

What were they expected to do?

Stop the Steal

Trump never gave them any direction, just ordered them to stop it
They had to improvise

So, Stopping the Steal involved storming the Capitol, beating any officers who got in your way, trying to capture members of Congress and driving them into hiding so they couldn’t certify the election

Democrats are fools. If their silly gambit of whining about insurrection actually works, and Trump is declared ineligible the effects would be staggering for Democrats. The whole Squad, VP Harris, and numerous other Democrats would share the same fate. The difference being, the effect would be immediate and final, not a year away. Semantics has consequences.

We were talking about a threat to democracy, not stuff.

I am far left, but Congress is so totally corrupt and evil, that I liked seeing it finally get occupied.
Way back with Vietnam it was clear congress was war mongers profiteering from murder.
It has gotten worse, not better, with the millions murdered in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, Yemen, the Ukraine, Egypt, Palestine, etc.
Congress should all be hanged for just Prohibition, the War on Drugs, federal gun law, mandatory sentences, asset forfeiture, etc.
Congress is criminal.

I am far left, but Congress is so totally corrupt and evil, that I liked seeing it finally get occupied.
Way back with Vietnam it was clear congress was war mongers profiteering from murder.
It has gotten worse, not better, with the millions murdered in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, Yemen, the Ukraine, Egypt, Palestine, etc.
Congress should all be hanged for just Prohibition, the War on Drugs, federal gun law, mandatory sentences, asset forfeiture, etc.
Congress is criminal.
Storm the Winter Palace, if you must, but the results are usually not worth it.

Why were they there?

We do have bad elections, and it should be stopped.
We have gerrymandering, illegal denial of vote to ex-felons, unreasonable ID requirements, not enough polling stations, easily hacked voting computers, etc.

Forum List

Back