Why the police are angry with the Mayor of New York

Blacks seem to think they are being singled out unfairly, I disagree. The truth is blacks account for more crime per capita than any other race in America. So it only stand to reason they would be under more scrutiny. Blacks need to start cleaning up their act and the problem of being "unfairly" targeted will fade away.

But we all know that's not going to happen anytime soon, if ever.

LMAO!! Ok, if blacks just become perfect then they wont be targeted! But until then continue to target them and their community will get better by over policing, unfair sentences and unfair justice systems.

As soon as all those "targeted" males get out of jail they'll be productive citizens LMAO.

No one said they had to be perfect, just stop committing crimes.

They police in high crime areas dumbass. If your hood is over policed then your hood has more crime than you care to admit.

The justice system isn't unfair nor is the sentencing. Sentencing is based not only on the crime that's been committed but also the history of the individual.

So when two people both get arrested for similar crimes, one may be given a longer sentence because it may have been his second, third or more conviction. Sometimes a good lawyer can get a reduced sentence if you can afford a good attorney. Plea bargains also aid in getting lighter sentences.

Blacks seem to think they are being singled out unfairly, I disagree. The truth is blacks account for more crime per capita than any other race in America. So it only stand to reason they would be under more scrutiny. Blacks need to start cleaning up their act and the problem of being "unfairly" targeted will fade away.

LMAO!! Ok, if blacks just become perfect then they wont be targeted! But until then continue to target them and their community will get better by over policing, unfair sentences and unfair justice systems.

As soon as all those "targeted" males get out of jail they'll be productive citizens LMAO.

Oh sorry, thats totally reasonable. Blacks should be the one and only part of the population to not commit crimes. Once thats done then racism will go away and we will all live on lollipop lane!

They police in high crime areas dumbass. If your hood is over policed then your hood has more crime than you care to admit.

That doesnt explain stopping, searching, harassing and abuse by police. I think you are confusing "patroling" with "harassing people who have not committed a crime"

The justice system isn't unfair nor is the sentencing. Sentencing is based not only on the crime that's been committed but also the history of the individual.

And water is wet....Should I give unfair sentencing a pass because its never fair! Or should I ignore how that unfairness perpetuates more crime in the community, fatherless homes, etc?

So when two people both get arrested for similar crimes, one may be given a longer sentence because it may have been his second, third or more conviction. Sometimes a good lawyer can get a reduced sentence if you can afford a good attorney. Plea bargains also aid in getting lighter sentences.

Except thats not what the stats show from decades of cases. The stats show that two people white and black commit the same crime and the hammer comes down hardest on blacks for no reason. Now if you go thru the data and find that every case was "different" you may have something

This is a picture of the son of the mayor:

dante.jpg

You 'train them to be very careful when they have ... an encounter with a police officer' . ā€œWith Dante, very early on, we said, ā€˜Look, if a police officer stops you, do everything he tells you to do. Donā€™t move suddenly. Donā€™t reach for your cellphone,ā€™ā€ said deBlasio. ā€œBecause we knew, sadly, thereā€™s a greater chance it might be misinterpreted if it was a young man of color.ā€ ā€œItā€™s different for a white child. Thatā€™s just the reality in this country,ā€ the mayor said.

When you look at the number of young unarmed blacks who have been shot and killed, I don't really understand what the issue is here. This is something I've heard blacks say for, well, even when I was back in the service in 1975, blacks I've known have said this. It seems the very same Republicans on the USMB who are outraged by these statements cheered at the deaths of unarmed blacks shot to death because they apparently deserved it.

The rush to clear police in shootings - Chicago Tribune

The man's mother screamed from the sidewalk: "He can't walk! He's paralyzed! He can't get out of the car!"

When one officer thought the driver raised a gun, he opened fire, shooting the driver five times before reloading and shooting him once more.

Eight hours later, as Cornelius Ware, a 20-year-old paraplegic who drove by pushing the pedals with a wooden cane, lay gravely wounded in the hospital, police supervisors cleared the officer of any wrongdoing.

They didn't check the direction of the bullets. They didn't interview all the witnesses, two of whom said they saw Ware's hands raised in surrender. And they didn't wait for the autopsy report, which showed two of the bullets struck him in the back of his hands.

The inquiry, which reviewed available records for more than 200 police shooting cases over the last decade, found that these cursory police investigations create a separate standard of justice and fuel the fear among some citizens that officers can shoot people with impunity.

In at least a dozen cases, police shot civilians in the back or from behind.

Unarmed People of Color Killed by Police 1999-2014

----------------------------------------------

Is the police reaction justified? You're not supposed to tell young people of color to be careful? That police will kill you for very little reason, if any?

De Blasio is a hypocrite. Why doesn't relinquish the NYPD detail that is responsible protecting his son if the NYPD is such a danger to his son?

dante.jpg

You 'train them to be very careful when they have ... an encounter with a police officer' . ā€œWith Dante, very early on, we said, ā€˜Look, if a police officer stops you, do everything he tells you to do. Donā€™t move suddenly. Donā€™t reach for your cellphone,ā€™ā€ said deBlasio. ā€œBecause we knew, sadly, thereā€™s a greater chance it might be misinterpreted if it was a young man of color.ā€ ā€œItā€™s different for a white child. Thatā€™s just the reality in this country,ā€ the mayor said.

When you look at the number of young unarmed blacks who have been shot and killed, I don't really understand what the issue is here. This is something I've heard blacks say for, well, even when I was back in the service in 1975, blacks I've known have said this. It seems the very same Republicans on the USMB who are outraged by these statements cheered at the deaths of unarmed blacks shot to death because they apparently deserved it.

The man's mother screamed from the sidewalk: "He can't walk! He's paralyzed! He can't get out of the car!"

When one officer thought the driver raised a gun, he opened fire, shooting the driver five times before reloading and shooting him once more.

Eight hours later, as Cornelius Ware, a 20-year-old paraplegic who drove by pushing the pedals with a wooden cane, lay gravely wounded in the hospital, police supervisors cleared the officer of any wrongdoing.

They didn't check the direction of the bullets. They didn't interview all the witnesses, two of whom said they saw Ware's hands raised in surrender. And they didn't wait for the autopsy report, which showed two of the bullets struck him in the back of his hands.

The inquiry, which reviewed available records for more than 200 police shooting cases over the last decade, found that these cursory police investigations create a separate standard of justice and fuel the fear among some citizens that officers can shoot people with impunity.

Is the police reaction justified? You're not supposed to tell young people of color to be careful? That police will kill you for very little reason, if any?

De Blasio is a hypocrite. Why doesn't relinquish the NYPD detail that is responsible protecting his son if the NYPD is such a danger to his son?

If he said my body guards are shit then you'd have a point. Or if you knew the meaning of hypocrite that would help also

dante.jpg

If he said my body guards are shit then you'd have a point. Or if you knew the meaning of hypocrite that would help also
He made broad sweeping generalizations about the NYPD, basically calling them racist. His bodyguards are NYDP.

dante.jpg

He made broad sweeping generalizations about the NYPD, basically calling them racist. His bodyguards are NYDP.

No he stated the history of the US and you want it to be about the NYPD but guess what...If his son goes to any other state the advise would be the same because racism and bias doesnt stop when you cross the state line.

dante.jpg

Even if he said that (which he didnt) I dont understand how not getting rid of your bodyguards makes him a hypocrite since he never said anything about body guards not being needed.

You know what hypocite means, right?

dante.jpg

He made broad sweeping generalizations about the NYPD, basically calling them His bodyguards are NYDP.

dante.jpg

Even if he said that (which he didnt) I dont understand how not getting rid of your bodyguards makes him a hypocrite since he never said anything about body guards not being needed.

You know what hypocite means, right?

He's a hypocrite because he's saying the police are a threat to his son, meanwhile he has a specific police detail assigned to protecting his son. It doesn't seem like he really thinks the police are a threat to his son if he wants them protecting him (his son) 24/7, does he?

Oh sorry, thats totally reasonable. Blacks should be the one and only part of the population to not commit crimes. Once thats done then racism will go away and we will all live on lollipop lane!

That doesnt explain stopping, searching, harassing and abuse by police. I think you are confusing "patroling" with "harassing people who have not committed a crime"

And water is wet....Should I give unfair sentencing a pass because its never fair! Or should I ignore how that unfairness perpetuates more crime in the community, fatherless homes, etc?

Except thats not what the stats show from decades of cases. The stats show that two people white and black commit the same crime and the hammer comes down hardest on blacks for no reason. Now if you go thru the data and find that every case was "different" you may have something

Stay stuck on stupid if you wish.

You confusing harassing people with patrolling.

Yes water is wet, what's your point? Sentencing is fair, you just won't accept it.

The data doesn't show criminal history.

Yes water is wet, what's your point? Sentencing is fair, you just won't accept it.

I think you are saying I'm wrong. Are you? What am I wrong about? And please provide anything that backs it up.

I think you are saying I'm wrong. Are you? What am I wrong about? And please provide anything that backs it up.

You're wrong thinking that police are out harassing people, you're wrong about unfair sentencing.

You're wrong thinking that police are out harassing people, you're wrong about unfair sentencing.

Wow, great presentation of evidence. THANKS

Wow, great presentation of evidence. THANKS

What evidence have you presented?

Rdean, a poster paid by the Koch Brothers to embarrass, humiliate and mock the very notion of the "Liberal Intellectual Elite"

Well done, Dean.

Well done

Yeah it had nothing to do with him saying the NYPD has been a racist institution for hundreds of years even though the NYPD is THE most diverse police force in the country
You are right. It would be a terrible thing if he said that. IF he said that. Only he didn't.

Because De Blasio is an idiot and a colossal douchebag. He said and did things not just recently but for a whole now that disrespected the NYPD. Fortunately for the people of NY he will be done after this term.
Like what?

dante.jpg

Um, you know that makes no sense, right?

Rdean, a poster paid by the Koch Brothers to embarrass, humiliate and mock the very notion of the "Liberal Intellectual Elite"

Well done, Dean.

Well done
I guess I should be taken aback at your Nancy Drew like ability at real detective like work.
Old-Man-Magnifying-Glass.jpg

dante.jpg

Telling it like it is:thup:

Garner was murdered by a bully LEO. Period. No ands ifs or buts about it. Brown, on the other hand, got what he deserved for being an asshole, a thug, and a bully himself.
They should have never let that officer off that killed Garner.

Forum List

Back