Why the hell would a credit not offer purchase text message alerts??

fbj

Gold Member
Reaction score
I was approved for a Uber Visa Credit Card and after being a member for a month, Im just finding out that they dont offer cardholders a purchase alert option? Im so used to have that alert with capital one mastercard and assumed all credit cards had that option but I see that I was wrong. The only purchase alert they have is by email and its not even instant since it comes within 24 hours
I was just praising this card last week and now find out the card is not really all that great.

okfine

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was approved for a Uber Visa Credit Card and after being a member for a month, Im just finding out that they dont offer cardholders a purchase alert option? Im so used to have that alert with capital one mastercard and assumed all credit cards had that option but I see that I was wrong. The only purchase alert they have is by email and its not even instant since it comes within 24 hours
I was just praising this card last week and now find out the card is not really all that great.
24 hours is better than none, eh?

tycho1572

Gold Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
An Uber Visa Credit Card?? Wtf? lol

OP
fbj

fbj

Gold Member
Reaction score
I like the alert before I walk out the store or if Im home 1 min after I hit submit when ordering delivery

okfine

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like the alert before I walk out the store or if Im home 1 min after I hit submit when ordering delivery
Can't trust any purchases anywhere? Use cash.

OP
fbj

fbj

Gold Member
Reaction score
or use a credit card that offer instant purchase alerts so I can track my money??

okfine

Silver Member
Reaction score
or use a credit card that offer instant purchase alerts so I can track my money??
No interest on cash. Easy to track. Once it's gone, it's gone.

OP
fbj

fbj

Gold Member
Reaction score
No interest on cash. Easy to track. Once it's gone, it's gone.
Cash Back rewards is why I prefer credit cards over cash. I enjoy saying these things when I am inside a store

"CHARGE IT"

"I WILL SIGN FOR IT"

Most reactions - Past 7 days