Why the death penalty? 67 year old murderer, released on parole, murders a woman with a knife.

While I do not place the blame on Democrats after trump signed watering down sentencing guidelines that release prisoners. I do support the death penalty. When carried out, a predator of society found, identified, tried, convicted and sentenced will never, ever strike again. The success rate is 100% as a preventative measure and recidivism is uniformly 0%.
Can you cite those "watered down" provisions?

All I recall is New York and California primarily, turning prisoners out on the streets and emptying jails
using the covid virus as an excuse for it all.
Well there is this from Fox News:
The First Step Act would give federal judges more leeway when sentencing some drug offenders and boost prisoner rehabilitation efforts. It also would reduce life sentences for some drug offenders with three convictions, or "three strikes," to 25 years. Another provision would allow about 2,600 federal prisoners sentenced for crack cocaine offenses before August 2010 the opportunity to petition for a reduced penalty. Trump signs criminal justice reform bill

A result I came across was this:

He was one of the first prisoners released under Trump’s criminal justice reform law. Now he’s accused of murder.​

In February, with the approval of federal prosecutors and a district court judge, Francisco became one of the first federal prisoners to walk free as a result of the First Step Act.
Last month, he was handcuffed again, accused this time of stabbing to death 46-year-old Troy Pine at a Providence, Rhode Island, hookah lounge. https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/09/us/first-step-act-release-alleged-murder/index.html

I thought leftists loved prison reform.
I guess not when Donald Trump signs on.

We read these stories every week . Cherry picking one example and using it to attack Trump,
who's not in office now (did you know?) seems standard practice now days.

Eddie Allen Harris should be instantly hooked up to old Sparky and given the full juice.
As I say these stories are practically common place. Gaining political points from these tragedies seems
real, real low to me.

I hate him for many reasons. If he fell down a flight of stairs today and died, I would throw a party, and there are very few people I hate in this world. He did more damage to me than all other presidents combined in my lifetime and I'm sure with tens of millions just like me.

Really? What "Damage" did he do to you? And please don't tell me that he got your bottom feeder employer to drop their insurance because it wasn't ACA compliant.

Yes, we realize you hate him, like every other fucking racist cracker in this country who lost their fucking minds when he became president.

But man you showed us, you put Trump in charge... and um... I'm sorry, it actually sounds like your situation got worse, not better.

Really? What "Damage" did he do to you? And please don't tell me that he got your bottom feeder employer to drop their insurance because it wasn't ACA compliant.

Yes, we realize you hate him, like every other fucking racist cracker in this country who lost their fucking minds when he became president.

But man you showed us, you put Trump in charge... and um... I'm sorry, it actually sounds like your situation got worse, not better.

Yes, because I had health insurance my entire life until that commie started his state mandated plan. My employer would have never dropped coverage but he had an out because all other small businesses were dropping theirs as well. In fact with the applications I put in, nobody provided that benefit any longer thanks to that Kenyan Klown.

On top of that they started to keep part of my income tax refund. Only a commie could come up with such an anti-American plan like that. Take away peoples healthcare and then take away their money since they have to pay for everything themselves.

We need to take this country back; ship all you people to communist China or Cuba where you belong, and we will make this country great again. Because you people don't belong in this country.

Yes, because I had health insurance my entire life until that commie started his state mandated plan. My employer would have never dropped coverage but he had an out because all other small businesses were dropping theirs as well. In fact with the applications I put in, nobody provided that benefit any longer thanks to that Kenyan Klown.

Sure. Always an excuse. I didn't know of one business that dropped health coverage, never been without it as long as I've worked. In fact, our plan improved with the ACA.

On top of that they started to keep part of my income tax refund. Only a commie could come up with such an anti-American plan like that. Take away peoples healthcare and then take away their money since they have to pay for everything themselves.
Uh, we let people deduct expenses all the time. We encourage home ownership by letting people deduct their mortgages and property taxes.

I had no problem finding health coverage when I went independent, and I'm not a young guy or in the best of health. And it wasn't even an ACA plan.

We need to take this country back; ship all you people to communist China or Cuba where you belong, and we will make this country great again. Because you people don't belong in this country.

Really? Which one of us has a DD214? Oh, that's right, I DO! You talk a lot of smack about being a patriot, but when it counted, you were nowhere to be found.

Forum List

Back