Why Republicans Lose All the Time

The right-leaning sure as hell don't do themselves any favors harping on abortion all the time.

I wonder, in the past 50 years how many elections, great and small, have been frittered away on the alter of abortion? I know it sure came to a head in '22.

Take last November for example, Virginia had four House races where the dems were predicted to lose, the gop only managed to flip one of them.

Why? Because of the RvW thing and the ham-handed way some red states handed the aftermath. The dems were able to get women out in droves through emotionally charged BS to punish the gop. Bear in mind this was a time of even higher inflation/costs than today.

Never mind that Virginia was and still remains a abortion state with reasonable guardrails. They didn't come out in some kind of effort to expand abortion in Virginia, just punish because of what was going on in states like TX and OK.

The right-leaning sure as hell don't do themselves any favors harping on abortion all the time.

I wonder, in the past 50 years how many elections, great and small, have been frittered away on the alter of abortion? I know it sure came to a head in '22.

Take last November for example, Virginia had four House races where the dems were predicted to lose, the gop only managed to flip one of them.

Why? Because of the RvW thing and the ham-handed way some red states handed the aftermath. The dems were able to get women out in droves through emotionally charged BS to punish the gop. Bear in mind this was a time of even higher inflation/costs than today.

Never mind that Virginia was and still remains a abortion state with reasonable guardrails. They didn't come out in some kind of effort to expand abortion in Virginia, just punish because of what was going on in states like TX and OK.

Murdered children are important.

Murdered children are important.

Meh, one man's "murder" is another man's "utility". ;)

The right-leaning accuse the dems of being emotion-based in their decisions but refuse to be pragmatic when it comes to abortion.

Pragmatic:

Dealing with things sensibly and realistically in a way that is based on practical rather than theoretical considerations.

The sooner the gop allows the issue to be voted on by the people of their states the sooner it will be put to rest for good and all.

To be fair to Republicans the belief that abortion is murder has nothing to do with viability. Life begins at conception and abortion ends that life. Those are facts. If you want to argue the righteousness of abortion it should be under the right to self defense. If no one has a right to touch you without consent they certainly don't have a right to gestate inside you.

The Principle that life begins at conception is based upon Christian Belief. I was raised Catholic. Arguably one of the most powerful and well established Christian sects. It was honestly the Hypocrisy of the Catholics that got me thinking. Life begins at Conception. But the Priest won’t Baptize a baby who is still born or miscarried.

The argument was, and remains, that baptism is only for the living. Not the dead. According to the doctrine, the baby was alive since conception right?

In the many years since the Catholics have begun having a small funeral or memorial service for Stillborn or miscarried. The didn’t have those for the longest time. The baby was never alive and so was ineligible for the sacrament.

This is why I say it is based upon feelings. It is a cornerstone of the Christian faith that the conception, growth of the fetus, and birth are a miracle instead of a normal biological process. One that happens to animals, and people around the world that have never seen or heard of a Bible. And you are aware that there are isolated tribes and villages that still exist today.

The women there are blessed aren’t they? By God with a Baby even though they’ve never heard of the book of John chapter 3 verse 16.

If you study history you realize that since the dawn of time anything we could not explain, was a miracle. The Churches have maintained that as proof of God. Look at how many still refuse to believe in Dinosaurs. They are adamant that life began a few thousand years ago.

I look at the Universe and see a miracle so immense it is inconceivable. God didn’t just miracle the Earth into existence. He created it by the laws of Physics. Many of which we still don’t understand. Our species will probably die out never understanding all of it.

A basic biological event is not a miracle. It is part of the Universe our Creator made. And we force pregnancy on animals. We give cows a shot of selected bull sperm to create the genetic outcome we desire. Man was doing that before he really understood genetics. He was doing that before DNA was even imagined.

Just think about our world. You can submit your DNA to a website and they will tell you how much of each region you have inside your makeup. Imagine such a thing in the hands of the Nazi’s in World War Two. Or during the other great purges of Jews.

Imagine the harm that could come from small minded folks. Using such databases as a tool to weed out genetic inferiors, as they are seen by fools who imagine themselves as superior.

The other side doesn't argue emotion, as the only "emotion" they have is dangerous and deadly greed.

The other side argues with rhetoric, lies, confusion, backtalk, talking in circles, vagueness, obstruction, hyperbole, hypocrisy, deciet, deception, dishonesty, fraud, harassment, extortion, threats, hoaxes, scams, cons, and cheating.
shutterstock_146004131.jpg

Republicans lose because democrats really have a much better handle on fraud techniques.
….combined with the complicit media that is suppressing the truth about evil they are. The major networks have not covered the Biden Corruption Scheme, including the set-up of 20 LLCs to receive money from foreign nationals as a way to disguise the payouts,

The Principle that life begins at conception is based upon Christian Belief. I was raised Catholic. Arguably one of the most powerful and well established Christian sects. It was honestly the Hypocrisy of the Catholics that got me thinking. Life begins at Conception. But the Priest won’t Baptize a baby who is still born or miscarried.

The argument was, and remains, that baptism is only for the living. Not the dead. According to the doctrine, the baby was alive since conception right?

In the many years since the Catholics have begun having a small funeral or memorial service for Stillborn or miscarried. The didn’t have those for the longest time. The baby was never alive and so was ineligible for the sacrament.

This is why I say it is based upon feelings. It is a cornerstone of the Christian faith that the conception, growth of the fetus, and birth are a miracle instead of a normal biological process. One that happens to animals, and people around the world that have never seen or heard of a Bible. And you are aware that there are isolated tribes and villages that still exist today.

The women there are blessed aren’t they? By God with a Baby even though they’ve never heard of the book of John chapter 3 verse 16.

If you study history you realize that since the dawn of time anything we could not explain, was a miracle. The Churches have maintained that as proof of God. Look at how many still refuse to believe in Dinosaurs. They are adamant that life began a few thousand years ago.

I look at the Universe and see a miracle so immense it is inconceivable. God didn’t just miracle the Earth into existence. He created it by the laws of Physics. Many of which we still don’t understand. Our species will probably die out never understanding all of it.

A basic biological event is not a miracle. It is part of the Universe our Creator made. And we force pregnancy on animals. We give cows a shot of selected bull sperm to create the genetic outcome we desire. Man was doing that before he really understood genetics. He was doing that before DNA was even imagined.

Just think about our world. You can submit your DNA to a website and they will tell you how much of each region you have inside your makeup. Imagine such a thing in the hands of the Nazi’s in World War Two. Or during the other great purges of Jews.

Imagine the harm that could come from small minded folks. Using such databases as a tool to weed out genetic inferiors, as they are seen by fools who imagine themselves as superior.
I'm was raised catholic but I'm an atheist and I believe life begins at conception. That's a scientific statement, not a religious one. The religious argument is the human lives are gifted with souls from God and that's why developing fetuses should be protected. We don't have to believe fetuses aren't alive to believe that doesn't afford them any right to gestate inside an unwilling women.

The first two posts are perfect examples of why the GQP is underperforming.

Conservatism has been badly damaged by this bizarre, otherworldly circus, and that's not good for America.
Not sure they’re underperforming. They gained seats in the US House the past 2 cycles. Had they not nominated looney birds in GA/PA, they’d likely have the Senate too.

The first two posts are perfect examples of why the GQP is underperforming.

Conservatism has been badly damaged by this bizarre, otherworldly circus, and that's not good for America.
Not only that they try to run after a ghost instead of working on core values. The GOP senate investigated the same people in 2020 and found no crimes but ethically it was questionable.

I'm was raised catholic but I'm an atheist and I believe life begins at conception. That's a scientific statement, not a religious one. The religious argument is the human lives are gifted with souls from God and that's why developing fetuses should be protected. We don't have to believe fetuses aren't alive to believe that doesn't afford them any right to gestate inside an unwilling women.
Interesting logic. Makes sense if we throw out all morality and ethics. Carrying this logic further, once born the life has no right to support from biological family members or any humans for that matter. If the young human starves because no one fed him or the human dies of hyperthermia because no one kept him warm, that is the fault of the young human. That young human has no right to the services of anyone else to take care of him. The young human has no right of forced servitude over the older humans that may have brought him into the world.

Interesting logic. Makes sense if we throw out all morality and ethics.
Morality and ethics are subjective. You and I may have different morals. Your subjective feelings however are not synonymous with logic.
Carrying this logic further, once born the life has no right to support from biological family members or any humans for that matter. If the young human starves because no one fed him or the human dies of hyperthermia because no one kept him warm, that is the fault of the young human. That young human has no right to the services of anyone else to take care of him. The young human has no right of forced servitude over the older humans that may have brought him into the world.
Babies have legal rights.

Morality and ethics are subjective. You and I may have different morals. Your subjective feelings however are not synonymous with logic.

Babies have legal rights.
Babies have legal rights because society has granted them LEGAL rights based on morality and ethics. Those LEGAL rights could be stripped away at any time.

Forum List

Back