Why Religion?

But is there a correct answer? That is the question.

It depends entirely on what you choose to believe. I myself, believe in God. I have no "physical" way of to prove that there is a God and my beliefs are founded on my faith in the existance of God. Nothing more. I cannot prove that God exists any more than a non-believer can prove that He does not exist. It is quite possible that the atheist are correct in their rants about there being no God but on the other hand, it is quite possible that I am correct in my belief that there is a God. Some day, one of us is going to be proven to be wrong. One of us will be proven to be correct in our beliefs. I'd like to believe that I am on the winning side.

That's nice, but there is a correct answer. Whether you believe or not, ultimately, you will either discover your belief is correct...or that it was wrong.

Me, I have determined that all of life's mysteries can be explained by the existence of God.

Science certainly can't explain them.

The bible is perfectly logical to one not constrained by whatever current fad is circulating.b]

I'll go with God.

PS...I have a high iq.

I don't do "fads". Never have. And no, the bible isn't logical; there's quite a bit in there that isn't the least bit logical.

PS.. I do not have a low IQ.

It depends entirely on what you choose to believe. I myself, believe in God. I have no "physical" way of to prove that there is a God and my beliefs are founded on my faith in the existance of God. Nothing more. I cannot prove that God exists any more than a non-believer can prove that He does not exist. It is quite possible that the atheist are correct in their rants about there being no God but on the other hand, it is quite possible that I am correct in my belief that there is a God. Some day, one of us is going to be proven to be wrong. One of us will be proven to be correct in our beliefs. I'd like to believe that I am on the winning side.

That's nice, but there is a correct answer. Whether you believe or not, ultimately, you will either discover your belief is correct...or that it was wrong.

Me, I have determined that all of life's mysteries can be explained by the existence of God.

The bible is perfectly logical to one not constrained by whatever current fad is circulating.b]

I'll go with God.

PS...I have a high iq.

I don't do "fads". Never have. And no, the bible isn't logical; there's quite a bit in there that isn't the least bit logical.

How silly to be logical.

I'll go with God.

PS...I have a high iq.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yktmLz2unro]YouTube - Highly Illogical[/ame] How silly to be logical.

I'll go with God.

PS...I have a high iq.

It is logical. It bears careful studying, though. It's incredibly intricate and complicated. When you realize that and get into it, it is 100 percent logical with has no contradictions.

Fear of the unknown, death and the fact that humans are basically pack creatures lookinig to be led are what I consider to be the main reasons for the existence of religions thru the ages.
And of course for those who wish to control others it is the perfect tool.

Regardless of how valid it is, religion can be very comforting to those who believe.

The same can be said for scientific search for solutions. Same motivating force.

Seems the more Scientists know the more they find out that they don't know.

When it comes to evolution no scientist can explain how life began.

They can't explain how a complex organism like man came to be.

Some of them think man was seeded by Extra-terrestrials.

Last edited:

I'll go with God.

PS...I have a high iq.

It is logical. It bears careful studying, though. It's incredibly intricate and complicated. When you realize that and get into it, it is 100 percent logical with has no contradictions.

Bollocks, even religious scholors and theologians admit there are contradictions in the bible.

Fear of the unknown, death and the fact that humans are basically pack creatures lookinig to be led are what I consider to be the main reasons for the existence of religions thru the ages.

Regardless of how valid it is, religion can be very comforting to those who believe.

The same can be said for scientific search for solutions. Same motivating force.

Seems the more Scientists know the more they find out that they don't know.

When it comes to evolution no scientist can explain how life began.

They can't explain how a complex organism like man came to be.

Some of them think man was seeded by Extra-terrestrials.

I think some were!

Not quite.
Scientific research does not offer comfort that you or your loved ones are going to heaven.
Current science says that when you die you cease to exist on any plane of existence.

Neither does sicence say you will be punished for not acting like the religion tells you to.

it offers comfort that you can live your life however you like and you not be judged when it is over.....

actually matter can not be created or destroyed only transformed so you will live on for eternity....

well if you don't live green you soon will be taxed and punished......

Not quite.
Scientific research does not offer comfort that you or your loved ones are going to heaven.
Current science says that when you die you cease to exist on any plane of existence.

Neither does sicence say you will be punished for not acting like the religion tells you to.

it offers comfort that you can live your life however you like and you not be judged when it is over.....

actually matter can not be created or destroyed only transformed so you will live on for eternity....

Will soon be taxed and punished? Sounds just like old times.

You think that it is comforting to accept that death is the end and there is no afterlife?

Anf the matter thing, that is based on current scientific "certainties" which have not historically all been very accurate.

Last edited:
Not quite.

You think that it is comforting to accept that death is the end and there is no afterlife?

You're so uncomfortable with how you're living your life, that you need there to be something "after"?

What's wrong with embracing the reality of heaven, and living your life with the understanding that the more upstanding you are in this life, the better the afterlife will be?

You're so uncomfortable with how you're living your life, that you need there to be something "after"?

Nope, but I can understand how believing that loved ones that preceeded you in death are in heaven aka a better place waiting on you.

Reality kinda sucks but it is reality as I understand it.

I do think that the promise of a reward after death does tend to cheapen the only existence we are certain of.

Last edited:
What're you going to do if you've spent all this time waiting for the "afterlife", (whatever that may be), and there isn't one? You're *actually* worm food...

What're you going to do if you've spent all this time waiting for the "afterlife", (whatever that may be), and there isn't one? You're *actually* worm food...

Preferable to what happens to people if they're wrong about God, however.

So, a person can lead a very good, and respectable life, but if they don't believe in God, they automatically go to hell.. HOWEVER, someone can lie, cheat, steal, hurt others, and generally be an overall shitty person to those around then, but if they simply believe in God, there's suddenly heaven, and an afterlife?

I'll take my chances...

Forum List

Back