Why Perry Wins on Social Security Issue

The only difference is that with SS, the government can force unwilling participants to continue to contribute.

Does that make it more moral? Not in my book.

Is it immoral to make people pay for wars they oppose?

Not unless Congress doesn't approve it, like the not-war in Libya. Iraq and Afghanistan were okayed by Congress, many dems voted for both. That makes it moral to make you pay for either one or both whether you like it or not.

First, the Progressives lost their media monopoly so their fictional "Republicans want to eliminate Social Security!!!" only plays well to their Lunatic Fringe Base. The rest of the country is alert, engaged and starting to get educated.

Second, the same people who told us that Fannie and Freddie are sound are telling us that Social Security and Medicare are sound and only the Democrat Lunatic Fringe Base thinks that's true.

Third, Obama let the cat out of the bag by admitting that the only way the government could pay current check was through current borrowing, there are simply no real assets in the "Trust Fund"

Perry needs to straight talk on Social Security and he wins at least 56 states of the 57 Obama claims to have visited in 2008

Let's see:

Perry called SS a ponzi scheme and said it has lead to deaths. He called SS a “failure by any measure” and “a monstrous lie.” Doesn't sound like he likes SS too much. One could easily infer from what he has said about SS, that Perry wants to end the popular program. I mean, those are his own words. Are you going to pretend that he didn't say those things?

Last edited:
The only difference is that with SS, the government can force unwilling participants to continue to contribute.

Does that make it more moral? Not in my book.

If you want to talk morality, there's a board for that. The question is how to fund a program on which the majorty of Americans depend.
Why make a program to wein people from thier liberty in the first place?

Precisely because Gubmint busybodies want power over others. The poster is absolutely correct regarding morality.

Life is unfair. Deal with it. Don't saddle the rest of us with failures of others...make us pay for it.

We're dealing with it by helping each other out. If that's a moral question, I prefer to be on that side. Seems the Christian thing to do!

First, the Progressives lost their media monopoly so their fictional "Republicans want to eliminate Social Security!!!" only plays well to their Lunatic Fringe Base. The rest of the country is alert, engaged and starting to get educated.

Second, the same people who told us that Fannie and Freddie are sound are telling us that Social Security and Medicare are sound and only the Democrat Lunatic Fringe Base thinks that's true.

Third, Obama let the cat out of the bag by admitting that the only way the government could pay current check was through current borrowing, there are simply no real assets in the "Trust Fund"

Perry needs to straight talk on Social Security and he wins at least 56 states of the 57 Obama claims to have visited in 2008

Let's see:

Perry called SS a ponzi scheme and said it has lead to deaths. He called SS a “failure by any measure” and “a monstrous lie.” Doesn't sound like he likes SS too much. One could easily infer from what he has said about SS, that Perry wants to end the popular program. I mean, those are his own words. Are you going to pretend that he didn't say those things?

Yes, you folks are great at "inferring" shit, it's when it comes to facts that you fall short.

why should any Americans trust anyone on the right to fix anything after they lied us into a costly and neeedless war and crashed the world economy with their historically failed ideas of deregulation?

You guys screwed the pooch.

Parry has flip flopped on EVERYTHING he claimed to believe in already once in his career for poltical gain.

The man is either a flake or a fake , take your pick.

We must have a frank, honest national conversation about fixing Social Security to protect benefits for those at or near retirement while keeping faith with younger generations, who are being asked to pay. Rick Perry.

Funny, Gov. Perry talks about being frank and honest yet did call it a lie and an ponzi scheme. That is not honest or frank.

I agree that we do need to have calm, rational discussions, and not just about SS but about all the issues that affect Americans.

Perry pissed me off quite a lot with his stupid remarks about SS.

Seriously, why can't we just have rational discussions? Why do Americans appear more enthusiastic to believe the absolute worst about those on the 'other side'?

If ss is hosed, this nation is hosed.

Fixing SS (by stealing the benefits from people who already paid for them in advance) won't fix this nation.

Let's see:

Yeah if he were drunk.

The more likely inference is that Perry will propose measures to change SS radically to assure its continued survival. The Left will carp that Perry is ending SS (just like that moron Greenbeard claims Ryan's plan ends Medicare). But the general public understands that SS is going broke.

Forum List

Back