Why not Jim Webb?

Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
Why are democrats stuck on the wife of a sleaze bag Arkansas hick? What is the magic about Hillary? Is it about abortion or "stand by your man" when he spent his entire adult life abusing women? I am a die hard republican but I would seriously consider voting for former Marine and highly decorated combat veteran Jim Webb who served under Reagan as Secretary of the Navy and wrote the most stunning novel about Vietnam, "Fields of Fire" which is a source for most of the movies about Vietnam.

Because its not about who is best to represent the democrats, its about tribes. progressive blacks got their candidate elected, now its progressive women's turn. Jim Webb is a an old straight white guy. Pffffttt.

holb_c13067720150520120100.jpg

Why are democrats stuck on the wife of a sleaze bag Arkansas hick? What is the magic about Hillary? Is it about abortion or "stand by your man" when he spent his entire adult life abusing women? I am a die hard republican but I would seriously consider voting for former Marine and highly decorated combat veteran Jim Webb who served under Reagan as Secretary of the Navy and wrote the most stunning novel about Vietnam, "Fields of Fire" which is a source for most of the movies about Vietnam.
Jim Webb is outstanding. I've started threads about him before and posted nothing but support. A lot of people like him but no one seems to be very enthusiastic about him for some reason. He's also getting up there in age.

But I would love to vote for him again as I did when he ran for the Senate.

Why not Jim Webb?

Who?

Who indeed. Jim Webb is 67 same as Hillary.. Webb served as senator from Va. Secretary of the Navy, Asst secretary of Defense not to mention author of best sellers including "Fields of Fire" based on his exploits in Vietnam. Webb makes John Kerry look like a sissy and he makes Barry Hussein look like a crooked little community agitator. Incidentally Webb's books are still in print and you can find Hillary's book in the dollar store next to Obama's (allegedly ghost written by a former domestic terrorist) screed about his communist father.

Last edited:
Why not Jim Webb?

Who?

Who indeed. Jim Webb is 67, Hillary is 77. Webb served as senator from Va. Secretary of the Navy, Asst secretary of Defense not to mention author of best sellers including "Fields of Fire" based on his exploits in Vietnam. Webb makes John Kerry look like a sissy and he makes Barry Hussein look like a crooked little community agitator. Incidentally Webb's books are still in print and you can find Hillary's book in the dollar store next to Obama's (allegedly ghost written by a former domestic terrorist) screed about his communist father.

"Hillary is 77"? What, do you post from the future?

POP QUIZ: what year is it right now? No Googling.

He's too Conservative for the die-hard liberals.

Webb is a classic liberal who wasn't afraid to differ with Reagan on policy. I may or may not consider voting for him depending on how liberal the republican candidate turns out to be. I think I would prefer Webb over Jeb Bush. Webb just seems conservative compared to the radicals who have taken over the democrat party. I think he has announced his candidicy but for now the liberal media is ignoring him.

Last edited:
Why not Jim Webb?

Who?

Who indeed. Jim Webb is 67 same as Hillary.. Webb served as senator from Va. Secretary of the Navy, Asst secretary of Defense not to mention author of best sellers including "Fields of Fire" based on his exploits in Vietnam. Webb makes John Kerry look like a sissy and he makes Barry Hussein look like a crooked little community agitator. Incidentally Webb's books are still in print and you can find Hillary's book in the dollar store next to Obama's (allegedly ghost written by a former domestic terrorist) screed about his communist father.
He's 67?! Shoot I thought he was like 75 for some reason. Well I'm all in but I don't know how serious he is about running.

I'd probably vote for Webb in the primaries.

But the OP seems to be a little confused as to how the nomination process works. Webb has to actually run before anyone's going to start seriously supporting him.

Webb is a classic liberal who wasn't afraid to differ with Reagan on policy. I may or may not consider voting for him depending on how liberal the republican candidate turns out to be. I think I would prefer Webb over Jeb Bush. Webb just seems conservative compared to the radicals who have taken over the democrat party. I think he has announced his candidicy but for now the liberal media is ignoring him.
That's pretty much what I was saying. I just used fewer words and was not as accurate.

hmmmmm Jim Webb vs Jon Huntsman would be hard for me...but neither will ever ever get chosen by their party.

That's pretty much what I was saying. I just used fewer words and was not as accurate.

hmmmmm Jim Webb vs Jon Huntsman would be hard for me...but neither will ever ever get chosen by their party.

I voted for Huntsman in the primary here, but at that point it was just a statement. He doesn't play to the wackobase, which is why you're correct on that.

I think it's a simple matter of the party owing Hillary a lot of favors. They could destroy her because they know about the skeletons in her closet. They won't because she also know where their skeletons are hiding. She is corrupt and so are those who are determined to see to it that a promise is fulfilled, mainly ensuring that she gets her turn at president. They might not be happy about getting behind her, but they have no choice. I would love to see them throw her under the bus and a few might try, but the ones that have been in Washington for years know they can't risk pissing Hillary off. If others throw their hat in the ring, the primaries would be very interesting.

Webb sounds interesting. He has too much integrity for the left to get behind him.

Forum List

Back