Why "Moderates" can kiss my ass

Are they really any different?

One fails to live up to Reagan, the other to Bill Clinton. Both famous corporate stooges, though since Clinton is still in politics he has to take the rap for stuffing up the US health system through his special deals with pharmaceutical companies. The majority are idiots or just blind, its how democracy works, or used to work. Time to face reality, and start bribing your local politicians like corporates do. Say hello to Russian democracy. ;)

Last edited:
I am a moderate. And I have core values.

Next...
The two are incompatible.
One cannot decide by consensus and have core values.
Those values guide us and prohibit wavering on those values.
One cannot claim core values only when it is convenient.
The same for the person who goes to church three times a week and preaches to his neighbors then his other life he a drunken wife beater.
Moderates by definition cannot make up their mind. They look to see which is the popular view on a particular issue and go with that view.
Moderates state they are "open minded"....Bullshit. Open mindedness is another trait which indicates an absence core values.
That is not to say that one cannot change their mind where they stand on an issue or event of the day after careful consideration. That is a good thing It shows the ability to think logically. However that is not what defines a moderate. Moderates cannot think independently. They are go with the crowd or go along to get along type people. Moderates take the path of least resistance.
MOderates stand on the sidelines. They are watchers. Moderates typically will not take a stand and fight for something because typically moderates do not believe in anything. In fact moderates do not bother to question anything for fear of attracting attention to themselves. Moderates fly under the radar. They hide in the shadows waiting for the majority to give them their marching orders. Again, moderates always take the path of least resistance.

See the problem here is that you have no idea what it means to be a moderate. We DON'T decide our beliefs by consensus, our beliefs just happen to land in the middle of two extremes. I'm not a conservative because I think oppressing gays is wrong, I'm not a liberal because I don't think the planet is going to end any time soon because of global warming.
ex... conservatives think that taxes are too high and government is too big, liberals think we need more taxes to balance the budget. Moderates, look at the big picture and see taxes are at 14% of gdp, which is the lowest since the 40's, and spending is at 25% the highest since WWII, and we go "hey, you will never balance the budget with 14% taxes and 25% spending EVER, both are the problem."
And before both sides jump on me because the economy is bringing in less taxes and causing more spending I KNOW ALREADY. You are both right, but you are also, both wrong.

Well, let's see. You think conservatives are "oppressing gays", which indicates making decisions based on sticking a finger up to see which way the popularity wind is blowing. You think taxing individuals more and more on their individual income is okay as long as the GDP is strong, which looks largely to me like trying to compromise just for the sake of compromising, JUST so you can say, "Look how reasonable I am!"

While I agree with you that global warming isn't going to end the world, I suspect strongly that you hold that position less because you actually think global warming is hokum than because you make your policy decisions based less on what's right and true, and more on whatever middle ground you can stake out, no matter what.

Hey man, take a pill. Maybe two. If there are no pharmacuticals available, might I suggest a hot bath and a some chamomile tea?

Obama has been a plague on the economy and our once great civilization, when he's gone I'll relax

You should stop listening to all that propaganda on talk radio, or you're gonna blow a gasket long before next year's election.

Yeah, the shitty economy is just a figment of talk radio's imagination. :cuckoo:

A nation cannot exist, a society cannot exist without some redistribution of funds.

That's what makes the military, infrastructure, etc, etc, happen.

If you truly believe what you just posted, then you are an anarchist, pure and simple.

That's about the stupidest thing I've read. Even for a leftist, that's fucking retarded.

Does McDonalds "redistribute wealth?"

Paying taxes for needed services, such as national defense and courts is not wealth redistribution.

Paying taxes for AFDC, Medicare Part D, SSI and Obama's fascist care; IS.

There's nothing moderate about Social Security being broke, about the US Residential housing market in total shambles, 9% unemployment, loss of our AAA Credit and annual trillion deficits.

The meme that being a moderate (I like to say independant, I don't know the "moderate" paRTY) means you don't have stances on anything is just a dumb-blond statement.

Seriously.

Are they really any different?

One fails to live up to Reagan, the other to Bill Clinton. Both famous corporate stooges, though since Clinton is still in politics he has to take the rap for stuffing up the US health system through his special deals with pharmaceutical companies. The majority are idiots or just blind, its how democracy works, or used to work. Time to face reality, and start bribing your local politicians like corporates do. Say hello to Russian democracy. ;)

I'm afraid you're wrong there, it was in fact, the president following president as Medicare Part D was pasted in 2003.
Otherwise, I agree with your post. :)

Libertarians: If we just leave companies alone, they will all become honest, ethical, fair to employees and produce only safe products. If they don't, the Magical Market will make them disappear

I thought you said you were paying attention. That isn't what libertarians think AT ALL. In fact libertarians think that a company left to it's own devices in a vacuum would become corrupt like government. There is nothing inherently honest about any company, that is fundamental to libertarianism. To try to paraphrase libertarians without using the term "consumer" is decidedly not paying attention. Libertarians believe in markets driven by consumer choice, not companies.

Um yeah. That reference to "the Magical Market" I made? That would be what you guys call consumers making sure that companies who harm people don't survive. You know, companies like Ford, Squibb-Bristol Meyers, Pacific Gas & Electric... the list is too numerous to name.

What's fantasy is that you're "independent" or "moderate."

Companies cannot remove choice, only government can. And when government does it on behalf of certain companies that is government, not free market.

Sorry you're too lazy to drag your sorry ass across the street to not do business with a company you don't like and chose one you do want to do business with, but your sloth is your problem, not mine. I want to chose who I do biz with and I'm willing to work for it. My biggest issue is you trying to remove my choice to do so.

The meme that being a moderate (I like to say independant, I don't know the "moderate" paRTY) means you don't have stances on anything is just a dumb-blond statement.

Seriously.

I don't know that I can consider "How do I compromise on everything?" an actual stance.

Seriously.

I don't know that I can consider "How do I compromise on everything?" an actual stance.

That's not what Independant means, to me.

It means that your "stances" are a mixed bag and don't match any particular party, it doesn't mean that you compromise principles. How is that difficult to figure out?

Seriously.

That's not what Independant means, to me.

It means that your "stances" are a mixed bag and don't match any particular party, it doesn't mean that you compromise principles. How is that difficult to figure out?

The so-called Independent Party is not the same thing as being a political "moderate."

What political positions do "Independents" actually agree upon?

If they are free, regardless of Party platform, to adopt their own respective positions on political matters, then they aren't really a "Party" at all. Why even bother to identify as a member of a Party (which is intended to denote the banding together of people with similar objectives) when the premise of membership denies any unifying common purpose?

For that matter, what political principles do moderates even stand for?

Not all conservatives agree on ALL things. Not all Republicans agree on all things, either. And there is no reason that they should have to. But there ought to be at least a BASIS of common interest and common goal or objective. For if there isn't, then the reason to join a Party disappears.

Forum List

Back