Why many conservatives find education dangerous

Come on dude, give us your economic interest in helping Jeff Bezo reach 175 billion dollars...
Now a straw man? How many logical fallacies are you going to include in your utter failure to make a point here? Weak-minded fool.

I donā€™t have to, history does.

prior to the 1964 Civil Rights legislation the south voted exclusively Democratic as the republic party was the party of Lincoln.

Do they still vote that way?
That proves nothing except the way they voted, you fucking moron.

A quick short read that nails it. Conservatives think education is brainwashing when in fact education gives one the tools to freely reject poorly supported arguments and bad logic.

There is no mystery why conservatives find education dangerous. A 2015 Pew Research Center study quantified that the better educated one is, the more likely one is to hold liberal beliefs. But Iā€™d argue, contrary to what conservatives seem to feel, thatā€™s not because of bullying professors shouting left-wing dogma. Rather, itā€™s because once you learn how to think, youā€™re less susceptible to thin reasoning and easy answers. And increasingly, thatā€™s all conservatismā€™s got.

The post I just quoted is projection.

The left is the side which fears education Educating young mind's is an enemy of liberalism. This is why they've worked so hard to turn our publuc schools into left wing indoctrination centers. This is why they are so zealously opposed to private schools which are free from government control.

Last edited:
This is projection. The left is the side which fears education Educating young mind's is an enemy of liberalism. This is why they've worked so hard to turn our publuc schools into left wing indoctrination centers. This is why they are so zealously opposed to private schools which are free from government control.

Right.. Hurtling backwards in some reactionary tantrum is much better. You ready for another Scopes Trial?

The number one issue in education isnā€™t that they donā€™t teach how to respond to a police stop. Jesus thatā€™s a hoot.

Your story is bullshit. You missed out on an opportunity and made up facts as to why. Sad.
It's the number one issue in education FOR YOU if you're the one who is dead, because of not knowing what to do (ex. keep you hands visible) in a police stop. My "story" is the story of numerous people who died because they were unaware of how to act under the circumstances. Nothing "made up" here.
Examples/FACTS >> . Terence Crutcher, Laquan McDonald, Duante Wright, Daniel Shaver, etc

Link to any study suggesting liberal brain washing exists in schools?
Study isnt necessary. Unless you call thousands of parents bitching out school boards over CRT, from what they SAW and HEARD on their kids' computers.

Best "study" there ever has been.

Riiiiiiight.
I'm guessing you did this 60 years ago?
If not, then you're just a lyin' liar teliin lies you tell.
Last Democrat I voted for was Obama in 2008. I abandoned the Democrat Party on 2009 (after the Fort Hood shooting).

First non-Democrat, non-Green I voted for, for president was Virgil Goode in 2012. Next was Trump in 2016.

A quick short read that nails it. Conservatives think education is brainwashing when in fact education gives one the tools to freely reject poorly supported arguments and bad logic.

There is no mystery why conservatives find education dangerous. A 2015 Pew Research Center study quantified that the better educated one is, the more likely one is to hold liberal beliefs. But Iā€™d argue, contrary to what conservatives seem to feel, thatā€™s not because of bullying professors shouting left-wing dogma. Rather, itā€™s because once you learn how to think, youā€™re less susceptible to thin reasoning and easy answers. And increasingly, thatā€™s all conservatismā€™s got.

I can say that if the republicans on here are an example of the education systems achievements, it has failed.

The author is confusing conservatism with fundamentalism.....you on the other hand purposely mix the two with a mentally vacant broadbrush in your never ending quest for some non existent high ground...I know many conservative Democrats.

Forum List

Back