Why many conservatives find education dangerous

They ARE promoting a lot of dangerous leftist ideas. Unless they are in STEM fields, kids are coming home on college vacations telling their parents they are white supremacists, that America is a racist country, that Israel is an apartheid state (there are reports that Jews who support Israel are being forced out of student government positions), and that poor blacks are that way for no other reason than whites are suppressing them.

My own niece came home and scolded her parents about their white privilege. My sister told the spoiled brat that if she’s so opposed to “whites privilege,” she would stop paying the $30k a year for her fancy university and the kid could get a job and work her way through it. My niece shut her mouth after that.

She doesn't sound very bright or its a poor school.

They ARE promoting a lot of dangerous leftist ideas. Unless they are in STEM fields, kids are coming home on college vacations telling their parents they are white supremacists, that America is a racist country, that Israel is an apartheid state (there are reports that Jews who support Israel are being forced out of student government positions), and that poor blacks are that way for no other reason than whites are suppressing them.

My own niece came home and scolded her parents about their white privilege. My sister told the spoiled brat that if she’s so opposed to “whites privilege,” she would stop paying the $30k a year for her fancy university and the kid could get a job and work her way through it. y niece shut her mouth after that.
The universities are brain washing the kids............Hell they tried it back when I did some college.....Some wacked Professor who would give you a bad grade if your opinion essay didn't match his opinion.

That guy pushed that one day and I let him have it...........Told him it's an opinion piece as he tried to take points off for the opinion........Told him I'd go to the dean if I had to over it..........Ended up getting a B in that BS class...........Was a waste of time and money.

FALSE! It is you and your Democrats who are racist, and YOU are proud of it, as demonstrated by 1) 57 years of racist discrimination against whites in affirmative action.

As also demonstrated more recenty by 2) CRT racist-lunacy, and more of it by 3) Biden's American Rescue Plan (which ought to be called Rescue Plan As Long As You're Not White), which has been shot to pieces by the courts, for it's blatant anti-white racism.

If all that isn't still enough now we have 4) cities advocating paying minorities more than whites for exactly the same job, and proud of it.
To the last point - paying blacks more than whites for the same job - if any leftist loon city tries to get away with that, it should be struck down by the SCOTUS.

Business and literature.. The thrust being broad in liberal arts and critical thinking.
So........can you balance your books and do the math for the business..........aka did it allow you to make good money at it?

So........can you balance your books and do the math for the business..........aka did it allow you to make good money at it?

Yes. I made very good money and sold several businesses. The most successful people I know majored in English and Engineering or Accounting and English..

Liberal Arts at a good school teaches critical thinking which is a huge leg up in any field including law and medicine.

She doesn't sound very bright or its a poor school.
She’s brilliant, actually, and it’s a top-tier school.

You are in major denial if you don’t think that liberal universities are teaching kids to believe this nonsense.

The worst are the liberal universities in NYC. I could tell you so many stories your head would explode. Did you know, for example, that the Chair of the History Department at CUNY (a black liberal) was teaching that “Jew doctors” were injecting black newborns with AIDS? And that they refused to fire him for it?

Yes. I made very good money and sold several businesses. The most successful people I know majored in English and Engineering or Accounting and English..

Liberal Arts at a good school teaches critical thinking which is a huge leg up in any field including law and medicine.
So does that make you better than a Instrument technician............hmmm...........Operator in a plant that gets you gas for your car............Machinist who can dial in a motor and pump to 2 thousandths...................

This holier than thou attitude to the workers in the country is an ELITIST Nonsense point.

That was true 30 or 40 years ago. Nowadays, an English major is just an excuse to party for four years, or six.

Evangelicals, fundamentalists and JW all reject education as dangerous.

What in the world are you on about NOW. Honest to Pete this is weapons grade level ignorant. I'm an Evangelical Presbyterian. Both of our pastors read voraciously. My one pastor reads the OT in HEBREW. We have a pretty diverse congregation but many of us are college degreed and beyond.

Really.

She’s brilliant, actually, and it’s a top-tier school.

You are in major denial if you don’t think that liberal universities are teaching kids to believe this nonsense.

The worst are the liberal universities in NYC. I could tell you so many stories your head would explode. Did you know, for example, that the Chair of the History Department at CUNY (a black liberal) was teaching that “Jew doctors” were injecting black newborns with AIDS? And that they refused to fire him for it?

Sounds like some of the crackpot conspiracy theories we get here every day. A smart kid would recognize that immediately.

Sounds like some of the crackpot conspiracy theories we get here every day. A smart kid would recognize that immediately.

Do you consider yourself smart? Because look what you just said about Evangelicals.

You really should not speak with authority about that which you do not understand. Lest you look stump stupid.

What in the world are you on about NOW. Honest to Pete this is weapons grade level ignorant. I'm an Evangelical Presbyterian. Both of our pastors read voraciously. My one pastor reads the OT in HEBREW. We have a pretty diverse congregation but many of us are college degreed and beyond.

Really.

I'm sorry. The evangelical ideas have filtered into traditional churches since the 1970s. Hal Lindsey, the rapture and prophetic futurism are rampant.

Well the Lunatics from the left are running their own asylums............They end up in elitist minded jobs.........With the opinion they are saving the world every day.............who the hell is gonna save the world from their INSANITY...........

They always have a cause.........It can never end...........they will never be satisfied......

I'm sorry. The evangelical ideas have filtered into traditional churches since the 1970s. Hal Lindsey, the rapture and prophetic futurism are rampant.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Really you do not. You are conflating evangelical and fundamentalist. Not the same.

I come from the Evangelical Reformed tradition. Very cerebral. I am quite sure you know nothing about it.

You lifted your skirt in other threads Rag Head............which part of the desert are you posting from.......Was clear with your lies about Israel.

Forum List

Back