Why Liberals Want To Ban The AR-15

***\\\This Is My Opinion///***

I believe Liberals want to ban the AR-15 for two reasons...

1. The AR-15 is scary looking, it's that simple. The AR-15 is scary looking and it's easy to get people to think the AR-15 is bad because of the way it looks.

2. Here's the main reason why Liberals want to ban the AR-15. If Liberals are successful, they can then point to other guns as more powerful and say "We banned the AR-15 so we should ban all of these other weapons because they are more powerful and accurate."

That's why the big push to ban the AR-15.

And you are wrong. No other gun, freely available to civilians, is designed for or capable of killing as many people as possible in as short a time as possible as the AR-15.
That´s the purpose of a weapon.
Those who intent to use weapons illegally are not going to turn them in. Borders open to criminal cartels, citizens stripped of their arms, that is not in your interest.

Those who are intent to manufacture meth and sell it to school kids won't turn their equipment either. Does that mean it shouldn't be illegal?

1. The AR-15 is scary looking, it's that simple. The AR-15 is scary looking and it's easy to get people to think the AR-15 is bad because of the way it looks.

2. Here's the main reason why Liberals want to ban the AR-15. If Liberals are successful, they can then point to other guns as more powerful and say "We banned the AR-15 so we should ban all of these other weapons because they are more powerful and accurate."

And you are wrong. No other gun, freely available to civilians, is designed for or capable of killing as many people as possible in as short a time as possible as the AR-15.

So you think a round from an AR-15 has more killing power than other weapons?

You think caliber is the only thing that makes a difference? Have you ever shot a gun?

I understand guns. I build ARs.
I have reloaded.
In the military I was pistol range instructor.

what about the most obvious reason... they are most often used to kill school children and innocent citizens in mass murder shootings. Why did you leave that very obvious reason out?

It's based on a military action designed to kill/wound as many people as quickly as possible and will take large capacity detachable magazines, so should likewise be severely restricted.

Ban revolvers!

This would be a far more affective weapon for almost every incident we’ve seen. Ban shotguns as well...right?
95ef39190bd71d812ba9d2bb614301a9.jpg

Many handguns hold 15-18 rounds. Handgun are much more mobile and concealable. The rounds they hold can be excessively deadly.

Yes, in some situations, but not as consistently as the AR. The AR's accuracy doesn't degrade any where near as quickly as any other commonly available gun, including pistols, and concealment isn't always an issue.
Yeah but bear with me for a second...practically speaking...if you are in close quarters (office, school...mosque...etc.) and wish to effect max damage...a handgun is just as effective a tool as an AR.
I mean there is a reason police carry handguns and not rifles. You have a valid point Bulldog not arguing just saying.

Sure, Handguns are more effective in some circumstances. Over all, they aren't as effective as an AR15 to kill large amounts of people in a short time.

Sure...but let's say your wet dream came true and ALL AR15's were gone.

Mass shootings would still occur......with other types of guns.....so then, on the heels of succeeding on taking away AR15's that exact same strategy would then be used to remove the NEXT "most dangerous gun"....and the next....and the next....until finally all we had to defend our homes with was a phone and a prayer.

Why don't we instead focus our energy on THE REAL PROBLEM....mental health issues?

Taking away Constitutional Rights does not solve the REAL problem.

Sure, Handguns are more effective in some circumstances. Over all, they aren't as effective as an AR15 to kill large amounts of people in a short time.

Yeah...so say gun grabbers today.....

Show of hands....what fools believe the Left would stop with AR15's ???

Looks around...no hands raised.....no fools in the audience today.

Thank you

Many handguns hold 15-18 rounds. Handgun are much more mobile and concealable. The rounds they hold can be excessively deadly.

Yes, in some situations, but not as consistently as the AR. The AR's accuracy doesn't degrade any where near as quickly as any other commonly available gun, including pistols, and concealment isn't always an issue.
Yeah but bear with me for a second...practically speaking...if you are in close quarters (office, school...mosque...etc.) and wish to effect max damage...a handgun is just as effective a tool as an AR.
I mean there is a reason police carry handguns and not rifles. You have a valid point Bulldog not arguing just saying.

In practical situations one can maximize the kill ratio with a handgun on concealment and a greater element of surprise alone.

Is that why the military only issues handguns to our soldiers?

what about the most obvious reason... they are most often used to kill school children and innocent citizens in mass murder shootings. Why did you leave that very obvious reason out?

I’m thinking killers don’t really care much about the type of weapon they intend to use...I’m thinking they commit to carrying out the act first...I don’t see many backing out once they realize that an AR-15 isn’t readily available.

Not really. Check out what guns Charles Whitman used. There is also Lee Harvy Oswald. Even for his times the fun he used to kill a presidant was about as shitty as they come. It's not the weapons it's the people behind them.

In just about every recent mass shooting the shooter would have been much more effective with different weaponry.
Most of the kill ratios to available targets and time allotted are abysmal.

And why don't we overlook the Intent of the 2nd Amendment while we're at it? After all, what "good" Leftist in this thread really cares about that "stupid document" anyway?

The INTENT was to arm citizens to have EFFECTIVE DETERRENCE to government tyranny. PERIOD.

Handguns are not at all remotely effective against the arsenal a tyrannical rogue government would have.

Of course, that's another Leftist wet dream, a citizenry completely helpless against tyrants.

In practical situations one can maximize the kill ratio with a handgun on concealment and a greater element of surprise alone.

Is that why the military only issues handguns to our soldiers?

No but it’s why nearly 2,000% more people are killed each year by a shooter with a handgun.
“In 2010, 358 murders were reported involving a rifle while 6,009 were reported involving a handgun.”

I’m thinking killers don’t really care much about the type of weapon they intend to use...I’m thinking they commit to carrying out the act first...I don’t see many backing out once they realize that an AR-15 isn’t readily available.
what you think about guns and killers isn’t really the topic here is it? The topic is what reasons people support banning AR-15s

Except for this little ranch rifle.
Ruger-Rifle-MINI-14-Ranch-5.56-NATO-Wood-Stock-Rifle---5816.jpg

The Mini14's barrel heats up lots faster than the AR15, and it isn't nearly as dependable under extended use. That's mostly due to the metal used in the barrel. Later models are some better, but still don't compare with te AR. AR sights don't suck like on the mini.

There are no standard sights for an AR.

I didn't say there were.

what you think about guns and killers isn’t really the topic here is it? The topic is what reasons people support banning AR-15s

Oh, whoops...me and that stupid critical thinking shit. Sorry, you’re right, ban them and trample on our Constitution on FEELZ alone.

Ahem...this little number fires 45 ACP and is far more lethal than an AR15. My dad carried one of these for a while with the 5th SF in Vietnam, preferring it over the M16 for those purposes. Semi auto clones are widely available.

AO153172X_Auto_Ordance_Corp_1928AC_Thompson-001@2x-1.jpg

Except for this little ranch rifle.
Ruger-Rifle-MINI-14-Ranch-5.56-NATO-Wood-Stock-Rifle---5816.jpg

The Mini14's barrel heats up lots faster than the AR15, and it isn't nearly as dependable under extended use. That's mostly due to the metal used in the barrel. Later models are some better, but still don't compare with te AR. AR sights don't suck like on the mini.

Haha...that’s a poor spin. They fire the same round, hold the same magazines and are equally affective at close range...Any AR-15 related incident we’ve seen could have easily been carried out with the mini-14

Only equal at close range, and the AR barrel doesn't deform as quickly under excessive use. Nice try though. I'll bet you have lots of guns you want to say are just the same as an AR, don't you? Why don't you list some of them?

Forum List

Back