why is this a good plan?

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
We are angry with the GOP establishment because they promise us they will fight for our principles and then when they get to Washington they betray us and compromise with democrats.

So to show them we are going to nominate Donald trump who is promising to go to Washington and make deals with democrats and expect a radically different outcome

Meanwhile we could have the man the establishment absolutely hates because he actually went to Washington and kept his promises.

It seems to me that we don't really care about the conservative principles we've been saying we believe it. and if this is true I don't want to be a conservative. I want to be free, not put up a bully who promises to do the same things we are angry about.

I'm still waiting for you to answer my question in the last thread you started. You didn't answer there...maybe you will answer here...

What I find strange about this is that you, Avatar4321, were all in for Romney. Another rich, politically moderate businessman.

The difference is, this one has conviction, whereas Romney was falling all over himself trying to explain that he wasn't what he so obviously was.

There are some positions that Trump holds that I am not particularly fond of. But at least the man tells me the truth about them.

So, which positions of Trumps do you, Avatar4321, find so terribly different from Romney's positions that you did support with gusto? And encouraged me to support?

why im not sold on trump

I'm almost to the point of not even voting anymore at least in Presidential elections. It's to the point now where it's the same assholes just with a different letter next to their name if my choice this year is Trump or Hillary I'm 95 percent sure I will be staying home on Election Day.

We are angry with the GOP establishment because they promise us they will fight for our principles and then when they get to Washington they betray us and compromise with democrats.

So to show them we are going to nominate Donald trump who is promising to go to Washington and make deals with democrats and expect a radically different outcome

Meanwhile we could have the man the establishment absolutely hates because he actually went to Washington and kept his promises.

It seems to me that we don't really care about the conservative principles we've been saying we believe it. and if this is true I don't want to be a conservative. I want to be free, not put up a bully who promises to do the same things we are angry about.
This has been my question about conservative support for Trump all along - for so long I've been hearing how Republicans should not cooperate with Democrats, and then a guy who promises to do exactly that runs away with the nomination.

From what I'm being told, people who support Trump have indeed consciously changed their priorities from down-the-line conservative values to a bull in the china shop who will at least get SOME things they want via give and take.

Obviously they have to be pretty goddamned frustrated to change like that, but I can see them thinking that SOME victories would be better than NO victories.

Sad reality:

When The Democrat Party took over Republicans bought blue toilet paper to show their "respect".

Now prudent supermarkets are stocking up on pink tinted toilet paper for those Democrats who will, after November, be buying in bulk.

Answer me this: Was Ronald Reagan a great President because he was a conservative or because he knew how to lead?

Trump will build a wall and deport the illegals, put an end to jobs and corporations fleeing the U.S., and bring jobs back. All the Democrats are offering are higher taxes, more regulations, amnesty for illegals and more illegals, and more jobs and corporations fleeing the U.S. The contrast is vivid.

I'm almost to the point of not even voting anymore at least in Presidential elections. It's to the point now where it's the same assholes just with a different letter next to their name if my choice this year is Trump or Hillary I'm 95 percent sure I will be staying home on Election Day.

So, if you don't get your way, you're taking your ball and going home?

What if the Rubio won, and the 35% of die-hard Trump supporters made that decision?

Think he could win?

What if the Rubio won, and the 35% of Trump supporters made that decision?

Think he could win?
I've said it countless times. Modern elections are now being determined by how many of your opponent's voters stay home.

Trump or Cruz or Rubio voters may stay home, but so will Sanders voters.

Who wins depends on which party has disgusted their own camp the most.

Easy peezy-------> because the establishment has worked far longer to hose Cruz, and has succeeded. Of course, in some instances he didn't help himself; in others, he did.

Show me where you have heard that Cruz is electable. Who puts out the notion he isn't?

Trump has become "public enemy number 1" not because his message is so strong, but rather because they underestimated him. They figured he would implode all by himself. Never took him seriously.

What you are seeing is what happens when the "establishment" wants you gone, (aka Cruz) and when the establishment doesn't worry about you until it might be to late. (aka, Trump)

What you are witnessing, more than likely.............is the biggest miscalculation ever seen in American politics, by both the GOP and DNC establishment. They BORKED Cruz, and ignored Trump.

What if the Rubio won, and the 35% of die-hard Trump supporters made that decision?

Think he could win?
Last I checked there was no law, rule, or regulation that stated people had to vote for a candidate they did not like support or believe in same would apply to Trump supporters. For most of my adult I have had to choose between the lesser of two evils when voting for President im sick of doing that if I think both choices being put foreword suck and would be a disaster as President I will excerise my right to say no thank you to both.

Last edited:

Think he could win?
Last I checked there was no law, rule, or regulation that stated people had to vote for a candidate they did not like support or believe in same would apply to Trump supporters. For most of my adult I have had to choose between the lesser of two evils when voting for President im sick of doing that if I think both choices being put foreword suck and would be a disaster as President I will excerise my right to say no thank you to both.

Never said there was. What I asked was...what would happen if your candidate won the nomination, and the die-hard Trump supporters made the exact same decision you are making.

I was no fan of McCain or Romney...but I pulled the lever for them anyway. And if Rubio or Cruz is the nominee, I'll support them too.

Well, suck it up. You won't get what you want. Mommy and Daddy can't make this one right for their little boy.

Think he could win?

That's certainly your right. Stay home. Play golf. Go fishing.

Not voting has allowed progressive criminals to infest USA.gov.

Ponder that!

Republicans promised to secure the borders, but instead rolled out a red carpet with "no wetback left behind" emblazoned on it. Republicans promised to cut spending and instead open the floodgates. Republican promise to balance the budget but have never met an entitlement they didn't want to expand. Republicans promise to shrink government but create the biggest behemoth (DHS) in history.

I'm not a Trump fan, but the GOP are shameless liars, nearly democrat level. IF Trump secures the border and nothing else, he will have kept more promises than any Republican since Reagan.

Trump has flipped from Left to Right so many times he might flip back to FULL Left the day after he takes office, you just never know.

Except..

One more Kagan on the SCOTUS and this nation is over.

Think he could win?

That's certainly your right. Stay home. Play golf. Go fishing.
I don't play golf hunting or fishing is good option though.

Forum List

Back