why is there something rather then nothing?

So you believe God does not exist?
No. I believe that God is consciousness. Given that everything is made manifest by mind one must recognize that the physical world is entirely abstract and without ‘actuality’ apart from its linkage to consciousness. Mind, rather than emerging as a late outgrowth in the evolution of life, has existed always as the matrix, the source and condition of physical reality - that the stuff of which physical reality is composed is mind-stuff.

It is Mind that has composed a physical universe that breeds life, and so eventually evolves creatures that know and create. This is a life‑breeding universe because the constant presence of mind made it so and imbued His creation with His attributes.

What a nonsense.
Oh please. What is it with you religious guys trying to act like people alive 3,000 years ago knew anything about anything?

Oh, that's right. We're all supposed to defer to their amazing wisdom. So you have to Gin up their intellect and their knowledge.

Oh please. What is it with you religious guys trying to act like people alive 3,000 years ago knew anything about anything?

You overestimate yourselve and underestimate your ignorance - that's all. We know also something about something what you don't like to know.

Oh, that's right. We're all supposed to defer to their amazing wisdom. So you have to Gin up their intellect and their knowledge.

Do you have anything else to offer than slander?

Last edited:
That's right we don't. But you pretend to know, with your religion.

Even in the moment you accept something you have to bite and to destroy every possible paradise, isn't it? But is it your nature or is it your brainwash what speaks out of you? Or with other words: Are you really able to believe it is more easy that something exists instead of only nothing? And are you really able to believe this all what exists makes not any sense? Specially the last form of belief - to believe that everything is senseless - is totally counterproductive to my own nature. It's impossible for me to believe this, although I understand every victim of the Nazis who lost the own belief in god and/or a senseful world. On the other side: Is to deny god not anything else than to let people like the Nazis win?

Last edited:
Right. The only people who insist otherwise do so on a religious basis. Which is ironic, as they are basically saying nothing can be eternal...

...except their sky daddy.

And nothing can come from nothing...

....except their sky daddy.

So in insisting nothing is eternal and that nothing can come from nothing, they present their evidence as something that is eternal and came from nothing.

Good luck making sense of it.
However the scientists come along and said that at one time (13.8 billion years ago) everything was contained in this extremely small space called a singularity which suddenly expanded and for a period of time expanded faster than light. That is susposed to make far more sense than a God or Watchmaker that always existed creating everything from nothing.

Where did this singularity come from? Perhaps a pervious universe which collapsed on itself. If so where did the previous universe come from?

Well just recently the Big Bamg theory has come under considerable questiion.

However some are postulating we live in a computer simulation.

To me the idea that a all powerful force or God that has always existed created the universe we live in for fun and entertainment makes as much sense as any other theory. Plus if I am right and believe his son existed and died for my sins than I may go to a far better place.

My father who was agnostic told me before he died that it was my choice to believe in the Christian God or not but if I believed in the Christian God and was right I would be way ahead of those who didn’t. That is basically Pascal’s Wager. My father born in 1900 was raised Catholic and attended a Catholic school so he had a good background in the Bible but was divorced and remarried which can be a problem in the Catholic Church.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal's_wager

1639602685140.png

God is everything and everywhere

****HAPPY SMILE*****

:cool:

You overestimate yourselve and underestimate your ignorance - that's all.
Stop being a whiny baby. It has nothing to do with me. The average modern 8 year old has vastly more knowledge than any illiterate, superstitious person 3000 years ago.

Your affinity for your religion clouds your mind and turns you into an unintellectual fool.

I believe they were more intelligent than you.

Good for you. Of course, your magical beliefs compel you to have a fit over it. Because these are the people that wrote your mythological handbook.
Actually it's my belief that 10,000 years ago homo sapiens existed and where physiologically no different than you except they were intelligent enough not to say dumb things like you do.

Actually it's my belief that 10,000 years ago homo sapiens existed and where physiologically no different than you
With which I agreed. Take one of their babies and put it in my house, and it likely grows up much smarter than you, for example.

With which I agreed. Take one of their babies and put it in my house, and it likely grows up much smarter than you, for example.
Not in your house it wouldn't. I believe you are mentally ill. I say that with 100% sincerity and honesty.

Not in your house it wouldn't. I believe you are mentally ill. I say that with 100% sincerity and honesty.
Oh, for sure. And every baseless, idiotic claim you make is said with 100% certai ty. That's what makes you such a perfect example of the ills of faith.

Are you trying to gin up another fantasy for yourself to believe 100%? You don't need me for that.
No. I am trying to let you know that I know. And to get you to deny yourself. Which sadly will have negative psychological consequences for you but ultimately in your best interest. You need to hit rock bottom before you can pick up the pieces. You can thank me later.

Forum List

Back