Why is there no affirmative action in American sports?

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

Hockey, for example, has a white dominance of 78% white males

That means zero females and very few minorities.

So why does Hockey not have affirmative action like every college in the US who train people to become doctors and other professionals?

Why? Because Americans only want the best when it comes to their sports teams, they demand it. But when it comes to their health or training teachers for education teaching their children, they could care less so long as they are the right color and/or political persuasion.

And no, politicians won't touch this with a 10-foot pole. They understand how sports insane the US is and how accepting mediocrity in the sports arena to try and virtue signal is not going to fly when it comes to vote time.

Hockey, for example, has a white dominance of 78% white males

That means zero females and very few minorities.

So why does Hockey not have affirmative action like every college in the US who train people to become doctors and other professionals?

Why? Because Americans only want the best when it comes to their sports teams, they demand it. But when it comes to their health or training teachers for education teaching their children, they could care less so long as they are the right color and/or political persuasion.

And no, politicians won't touch this with a 10-foot pole. They understand how sports insane the US is and how accepting mediocrity in the sports arena to try and virtue signal is not going to fly when it comes to vote time.
Hockey schmockey.

Hockey being mostly white players is one of the reasons it's the only professional sport I watch.

Granted a lot of them aren't brainiacs but at least they aren't dumb thugs trying to present a glamorous life and babbling about racism and so on.

Plus hockey is still a team sport. Most other sports each team has a couple showboaters that act like they are the only ones playing.

If hockey went affirmative action I'd stop watching it also.

Hockey schmockey.

Ok.

And?

Hockey being mostly white players is one of the reasons it's the only professional sport I watch.

Granted a lot of them aren't brainiacs but at least they aren't dumb thugs trying to present a glamorous life and babbling about racism and so on.

Plus hockey is still a team sport. Most other sports each team has a couple showboaters that act like they are the only ones playing.

If hockey went affirmative action I'd stop watching it also.

Ok.

And?
The point is, fans only want the best players.

But in academia, and virtually any other area of life, they don't likewise want the cream of the crop in favor of some racial agenda.

Why?

It's because America values sports over all other endeavors in life.

Same troll thread over and over again.
So you are Ok with Asians being turned away from colleges all across American even though they may be the best and brightest students, all in the name of racial equality, but see no reason to apply the same reasoning in sports.

Understood.

I'm "ok with" people being evaluated based on merit. No better example of this than sports. This tired old troll thread (endlessly reposted) is always just an opportunity for weaklings to wallow in their own racist fears.

I'm "ok with" people being evaluated based on merit. No better example of this than sports. This tired old troll thread (endlessly reposted) is always just an opportunity for weaklings to wallow in their own racist fears.
Just pointing out the insanity and hypocrisy of the American voter

Now go elect more Democrats

M'kay?

Forum List

Back