Why is "People of color" okay, but not "colored people"?

There was already a thread on this, but it got shut down.

Blacks demand DNC member resign for using phrase "colored people"
The only baggage is in the racist mind of the left. It's another example of thought control by big brother.

:lol:

For a hundred years, the term "colored" was to delineate "separate but equal" water fountains and swimming pools.

8309562.jpg
I understand that. I saw it as a kid in New Orleans. However, I'm pointing out that nothing has really changed since it is the left that keeps the racism alive by using "people of color". White is a color. How come white people aren't included in the term?

I know that you guys want to ignore reality as much as possible, but how does the term people of color "keep racism alive"?

Pretending to ignore race won't end racism.
Yes, ignoring skin color will end racism. Treat everyone the same. Preach that instead of making victims.

If history didn't exist, and we started with a tabula rasa, then perhaps ignoring race would solve all the problems of racism.

But we don't live in the magical world you seem to think we live in.
Keeping the wrongs from the past alive keeps the left in power.

In medicine you use people first terminology. It’s not an autistic person, it’s a person with autism. A small difference, but you make them being a person the more important bit of information, putting it first.

BS----in medicine the lingo is "THE PATIENT IS..........then age,
then POSSIBLY race, then gender, and then major diagnosis.
with possible other features thrown in. ..eg...the patient is a
50 year old, female hypertensive bitch. para 1-1-3-2<<<
that means that the bitch had pregnancies-----one full term,
one premature, 3 abortion (either spontaneous or induced) and
has two living children ---that means that the preemie did survive..
You got a point, OLDIE?

For a hundred years, the term "colored" was to delineate "separate but equal" water fountains and swimming pools.

8309562.jpg
I understand that. I saw it as a kid in New Orleans. However, I'm pointing out that nothing has really changed since it is the left that keeps the racism alive by using "people of color". White is a color. How come white people aren't included in the term?

I know that you guys want to ignore reality as much as possible, but how does the term people of color "keep racism alive"?

Yes, ignoring skin color will end racism. Treat everyone the same. Preach that instead of making victims.

If history didn't exist, and we started with a tabula rasa, then perhaps ignoring race would solve all the problems of racism.

That's because too many people refuse to let race go. Ignoring race would work if people would simply do that. If it doesn't work, it's because people are not ignoring race...the logic is simplistic.

Yes, if only every single person in the world saw things the same way as you, we'd all be good.

That's a childish fantasy.

Basically because of the stupidity and need of some people to continue to fight to be a victim.
If at any time victim hood seems compromised, it is time to make something "off limits" as to reinstate the victim status.
And like this, it gets pretty hysterical.

8309562.jpg

Let me guess - you're one of those fuckwits who think racism doesn't exist anymore (or that only white people are discriminated against).

Because the terms have entirely different connotations. One of those terms has a lot of baggage associated with it, the other does not.

This isn't complicated.
Hahaha....that is accurate until people of color has it's own baggage, Then what?
Good Lord.

Why do you guys care so much about this?

I truly don't understand it.

..they sure make a big deal out of racial terms but not that they murder each other at very high rates

Let me guess - you're one of those fuckwits who think racism doesn't exist anymore (or that only white people are discriminated against).
Of course racism exists, but being told how to speak and which words we can use and can't use isn't going to solve it. Ass twit.

Because the terms have entirely different connotations. One of those terms has a lot of baggage associated with it, the other does not.

This isn't complicated.
Hahaha....that is accurate until people of color has it's own baggage, Then what?
Good Lord.

Why do you guys care so much about this?

I truly don't understand it.

Care?
Because aw geez...if we slip up and use a new "off limits" term of the day...we are a racist.
Course, I am a white conservative male, so that is now an assumed status. So really, no matter what I say or do...I must be a racist because I don't subscribe to the lunatic PC terms of the week.

Of course racism exists, but being told how to speak and which words we can use and can't use isn't going to solve it. Ass twit.

You can use whatever term you want to use. If you want to be an asshole, you can be.

Do you think being an asshole is going to solve racism?

the blacks still use ''colored people''
NAACP

...and when did the NAACP choose it's name?
Doesn't matter. If "colored people" is racist, why don't they change it to "people of color"?

Feel free to ask them.

I would guess that they choose to keep the name of the organization because it has important historical value.
But you just told me that the term "colored people" is racist. Make up your sick racist mind, will ya.

I grew up in a mostly black hood..I'm white [ in case you didn't realize that ]
I called my real bros the N word...we used the N word with all of our black friends
my real brothers and I dressed/talked/walked/etc black
we listened to black music
etc

the blacks still use ''colored people''
NAACP

...and when did the NAACP choose it's name?
Doesn't matter. If "colored people" is racist, why don't they change it to "people of color"?
If "colored people" is racist, then "people of color" should also be racist since it is simply a different conjugation of "color" and "people".

You don't understand how this works.

That's ok, but please stop pretending that you do.

Forum List

Back