Why is it?

MisterBeale I agree that conservatives generally have a better understanding of economics and fiscal responsibility which is the main reason why I support them.

But let’s look at what you just said…
Of course conservatives want to deregulate and cut taxes on corporations, you know why? This is the best way to grow small business, which amounts to anywhere between a third to half of the economy. If you want jobs, growth etc.? This is that best way to do it.
You do realize there is a big difference between corporations and small business, right?? Corporations are swallowing up small businesses

MisterBeale I agree that conservatives generally have a better understanding of economics and fiscal responsibility which is the main reason why I support them.

But let’s look at what you just said…

You do realize there is a big difference between corporations and small business, right?? Corporations are swallowing up small businesses
So, you are saying when the government makes a law or regulation for corporations, they don't intend for it to include small business. . . is that what you want the forum to bleev?

:71:

You honestly think that is what these corporate lobbyists are up to? You think there is a "big difference," in the halls of congress? Is that how you want to go about this, using a bit of equivocation, and making folks think there is a real difference in the eyes of the leftists in their tax and regulate policies?

Really?

You do know, the major donors to the DNC, ARE corporations, the global billionaires, and the conditions that have been made ripe for the swallowing up, are the laws passed in D.C., i.e., increasing regulations, (which are much easier to bear for multi-nationals, than for small business. . . ) etc. Everything you have written, only emphasizes my point.

"Federal Regulations Hurt Small Business

Despite the prevalence of small businesses, the Chamber Foundation’s review of the literature finds that federal regulations and their infrastructure are growing and have a disproportionate impact on small business and free enterprise in America. Federal regulations alone are estimated to cost the American economy as much as $1.9 trillion a year in direct costs, lost productivity, and higher prices. The costs to smaller businesses with 50 employees or fewer are nearly 20% higher than the average for all firms.

The rising burdens of federal regulations come amid a falling pace in new business formation. In 1980, Americans were creating some 450,000 new companies. In 2013, they formed 400,000 new firms, despite a 40% increase in population. Our three-decade slump in firm formation fell to its lowest point with the onset of the Great Recession; even with more businesses being born today, America’s startup activity remains below pre-recession levels.. . . "

". . . For small businesses, taxes are a financial and administrative burden that directly impacts their ability to invest in their business, their employees, and compete in the broader economy. In fact, 77% of small business owners reported that federal business income taxes were very or moderately burdensome according to NFIB’s 2021 Tax Survey. This was followed by payroll taxes (69%) and state and local income taxes (66%). The survey also found that 64% of small business owners reported that federal business income taxes create an administrative burden in operating their business. Payroll taxes (60%) and state and local income taxes (58%) followed.[1]. . . "

So, you are saying when the government makes a law or regulation for corporations, they don't intend for it to include small business. . . is that what you want the forum to bleev?

:71:

You honestly think that is what these corporate lobbyists are up to? You think there is a "big difference," in the halls of congress? Is that how you want to go about this, using a bit of equivocation, and making folks think there is a real difference in the eyes of the leftists in their tax and regulate policies?

Really?

You do know, the major donors to the DNC, ARE corporations, the global billionaires, and the conditions that have been made ripe for the swallowing up, are the laws passed in D.C., i.e., increasing regulations, (which are much easier to bear for multi-nationals, than for small business. . . ) etc. Everything you have written, only emphasizes my point.

"Federal Regulations Hurt Small Business

Despite the prevalence of small businesses, the Chamber Foundation’s review of the literature finds that federal regulations and their infrastructure are growing and have a disproportionate impact on small business and free enterprise in America. Federal regulations alone are estimated to cost the American economy as much as $1.9 trillion a year in direct costs, lost productivity, and higher prices. The costs to smaller businesses with 50 employees or fewer are nearly 20% higher than the average for all firms.

The rising burdens of federal regulations come amid a falling pace in new business formation. In 1980, Americans were creating some 450,000 new companies. In 2013, they formed 400,000 new firms, despite a 40% increase in population. Our three-decade slump in firm formation fell to its lowest point with the onset of the Great Recession; even with more businesses being born today, America’s startup activity remains below pre-recession levels.. . . "

". . . For small businesses, taxes are a financial and administrative burden that directly impacts their ability to invest in their business, their employees, and compete in the broader economy. In fact, 77% of small business owners reported that federal business income taxes were very or moderately burdensome according to NFIB’s 2021 Tax Survey. This was followed by payroll taxes (69%) and state and local income taxes (66%). The survey also found that 64% of small business owners reported that federal business income taxes create an administrative burden in operating their business. Payroll taxes (60%) and state and local income taxes (58%) followed.[1]. . . "
I don’t care about the forum, I’m having a conversation with you and I think there are many ways to separate corporations from small biz. I’d pretty confidently assume that most liberals would look to the government for protections for small biz against the corps.

If you like long form discussions you should check out Rogans podcast on Spotify... 3 hours of deep dives. Good stuff

Long form discussions are very productive. Radio/TV are limited in their format because of holding interest and covering more topics.

Maybe we should have a social media site that features long form discussions. I think that would be fascinating to see who volunteers to step up to that.

No predictions on whether lefties or righties show up -- but I'm sure many Independents would. LOL....

As somebody that argues more on the left side of things but debate both Libs and Cons, I don't see things the way you a paint them. I see wing nuts on both sides. Of the two sets of wingnuts the obviously Uglier more disgusting bunch comes from the Right, no doubt about it. The left extremists are eccentric and unrealistic and like strategic plans but for the most part are fighting for more more humane and morally pure causes. IMO
a m,an wearing a dress taking a massive stinking shit in the ladies room is morally pure ?

I have observed that — to a large extent — when a conservative member of our little posting community disagrees with some facet of what another conservative says, the tenor of the discussion is often fairly polite.
That's probably because they tend to be well armed.

Forum List

Back