Why is it when people blast music from cars it's always garbage music like rap,but never anything like metal or rock?

metalwolf

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2020
Because i noticed whenever i am out and about and sitting in traffic this car or truck always pulls up playing rap that i can hear clearly and the rap is mostly about busting a cap up someone's butt and such, instead of proper music like heavy metal or rock.

1617858875586.png

Perhaps it needs to be organized. OK tomorrow is Uncle Ted day and everyone needs to be driving down the street with their stereo pumping out full blast...

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Let's make this happen!!!

Because i noticed whenever i am out and about and sitting in traffic this car or truck always pulls up playing rap that i can hear clearly and the rap is mostly about busting a cap up someone's butt and such, instead of proper music like heavy metal or rock.
95% cRap and the other 5% is a mixture of country, pop and R&B.
Never anything good like we used to blast
mail3.gif

..they should've made a law regulating decibel level in car radios --plain and simple ....you can FEEL the car radio --inside a HOUSE!!!!

There seems to be a mindset that believes that one can compensate for low quality and lack of artistic value in “music” by playing it louder. Since crap is the very lowest form of auditory garbage, it therefore follows that those who choose to listen to it are the ones who think that it needs to be played most loudly.

Your heavy metal or rock are really only a slight step above crap, hence a preference on the part of those who want to listen that garbage, to play it loudly.

Real music does not need to be played at absurd volume to be enjoyed, and, in fact, doing so generally tends to detract greatly from it.

For those who are unfamiliar with the sound of real music, I present this example, Serenade to Music by Ralph Vaughan Williams.

Last edited:

Maybe it's rap where you live but it was TECHNO when I lived in the City.

But in answer to your question, name me one touring ROCK band under the age of 50. Ditto heavy metal. All of the new music the kids are playing is obnoxious, but then I am reminded that every generation's music pisses off its parents, so they're just doing what kids do.

..they should've made a law regulating decibel level in car radios --plain and simple ....you can FEEL the car radio --inside a HOUSE!!!!

In most jurisdictions, there are local ordinances regulating how much noise it is permissible to make in residential or business areas. Unfortunately, these laws are nearly always very poorly enforced.

Those laws likely exist however if you enforce it you know who is getting fined and that would be rayyyccissss.

Back in the day, when they actually made good music, the sound systems were for crap for the most part.

Now that we have the shittiest music of all time, the sound systems are great.

Talk about irony, eh?

In most jurisdictions, there are local ordinances regulating how much noise it is permissible to make in residential or business areas. Unfortunately, these laws are nearly always very poorly enforced.

The public nuisance laws are pretty hard to enforce on a moving target. Some guy drove by playing loud music I didn't like, is apt to bring a shrug from the cops.

We used public nuisance laws to shut down the neighbor with the karioke machine who sang to us every Saturday afternoon with the windows open. Off key. For hours. But that's the only time I've even heard of them being used to good effect. The neighbors asked her to turn it down or close her windows, and she told us she could make as much noise as she wanted until 11:00 p.m. so fuck you.

The cops gave her one warning, and said if they had to come back, they'd be writing her a $500 ticket. The problem ceased immediately.

New Topics

Forum List

Back