Why is it so hard for Trump to launch his own social media platform?

Philo

Rookie
Jun 30, 2021
Trump has been saying for months that he'll launch his own platform, but so far without any success. I just can't wrap my mind around it. He's been kicked off Twitter for almost a year now, and he still can't get his act together. I mean from the developer's point of view it shouldn't be that hard to launch his own platform. It's not like twitter has developed something that no one has been able to replicate. There are myriads of social media platforms ranging from most conservative to extreme radical leftist, and new ones are popping up every day. Why can't Trump just hire a few professional developers to create a similar looking platform and voila! It seems mind-bogglingly simple to me. Unless big tech like Google/Amazon/Apple (who we know own the world and abuse their rights) do not want to grant him servers for that? Is that the issue? I mean even Parler was able to get around that. What is Trump's biggest hurdle?

Trump has been saying for months that he'll launch his own platform, but so far without any success. I just can't wrap my mind around it. He's been kicked off Twitter for almost a year now, and he still can't get his act together. I mean from the developer's point of view it shouldn't be that hard to launch his own platform. It's not like twitter has developed something that no one has been able to replicate. There are myriads of social media platforms ranging from most conservative to extreme radical leftist, and new ones are popping up every day. Why can't Trump just hire a few professional developers to create a similar looking platform and voila! It seems mind-bogglingly simple to me. Unless big tech like Google/Amazon/Apple (who we know own the world and abuse their rights) do not want to grant him servers for that? Is that the issue? I mean even Parler was able to get around that. What is Trump's biggest hurdle?
isnt it this? GETTR - The Marketplace of Ideas

i'm not sure how long it would last though, considering how parler & gab go down with incitement of violence and hate speech.

The Big Tech lefty fascists won't allow it. It's sad they have that much power, but they do.

What about the other social media areas? Is Face Book, Instagram, and Tic-Toc still an option for him? Is anyone still at My Space these days?

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly
Why wouldn't he prefer his own so that no matter what he posts, he can't be banned. And at the same time, he'd have the ability to ban any of his critics. He should also do his own web hosting so he can't get shut down like StormFront and Parler did.

The Big Tech lefty fascists won't allow it. It's sad they have that much power, but they do.
There's nothing they can do to stop him.

Well..No, they don't--but they can make it very expensive--Trump would have to own everything from the servers up. Might cost upwards of a Billion to launch---I imagine money is tight, these days--and not a lot of investers out there. As we all know..Trump likes using other people's money...and most see him as a bad risk, financially.

What is Trump's biggest hurdle? Money.

Which is strange. Since every right wing poster here is an eccentric millionaire; you'd figure that he's have more investors than he knew what to do with them. But seriously; the issue is money. He would have to front a lot of it; once the racist white trash crowd becomes the primary users (and it will), you won't see corporations with a conscience advertising there....

Think of it like this. Remember that military parade he wanted to have? The city fathers in DC said it would cost them $92M.

1634886990854.png

If you're a multi billionaire; $92M is not exactly a huge figure considering a one billion dollars is one-thousand million. So If he's worth supposedly $4B....spending $92M not even 1%, right? Yet somehow...he wouldn't/couldn't come up with the money. Remember the fast-food celebrations of the NCAA championships? This was what he shelled out to "honor" these guys?

Why can't Trump just hire a few professional developers to create a similar looking platform and voila! It seems mind-bogglingly simple to me.
You seem to think he'd be like any other "normie" trying to do this. He'd be hit by dedicated hackers, relentlessly and if he has the slightest little bit of legal exposure, he'd be sued and censored from his own site. IF he manages to get this thing up and running in spite of those challenges, it is going to be HOMERIC watching him trash his enemies ;)

You seem to think he'd be like any other "normie" trying to do this. He'd be hit by dedicated hackers, relentlessly and if he has the slightest little bit of legal exposure, he'd be sued and censored from his own site. IF he manages to get this thing up and running in spite of those challenges, it is going to be HOMERIC watching him trash his enemies ;)
Homeric? Sure..as in Homer Simpson~
Doh!

Same reason it was so hard for him to remain in office.

Forum List

Back