Why is ISIS fighting against Taliban terror?

• Banned
The Taliban are Pashtun Deobandi. ISIS is Iraqi Sunni.

Iraqi Sunnis were against Hussein?

And who did they support during the resistance of the Northern Alliance in the 80-90s in Afghanistan, when Shah Massoud Sr. fought against the USSR and the Taliban?

Ongoing tribal warfare.
Not exactly. Taliban is focused on Afghanistan. ISIS is just a freewheeling terrorist group. They seem to want a Caliphate, but nobody else in the ME will get behind that. ISIS is a bad bunch for sure. They may all be crazy.

Not exactly. Taliban is focused on Afghanistan. ISIS is just a freewheeling terrorist group. They seem to want a Caliphate, but nobody else in the ME will get behind that. ISIS is a bad bunch for sure. They may all be crazy.
Not really, the Taliban and ISIS have been at odds for a loooong time even before each group was organized in their current iterations and much of it is sectarian.

"ISIS-K sees the Taliban as an irreconcilable enemy that needs to be militarily defeated. The enmity between the two groups has been aggravated by sustained military hostilities, but the main cause remains their sectarian difference. ISIS-K subscribes to the Jihadi-Salafism ideology — and plays up the ‘purity’ of its anti-idolatry credentials. The Taliban, on the other hand, subscribe to an alternative Sunni Islamic sectarian school, the Hanafi madhhab, which ISIS-K regards as deficient. The two groups also differ over the role of nationalism. ISIS-K fiercely rejects it, which runs counter to the Afghan Taliban’s aims of ruling over Afghanistan."

The ISIS-K Resurgence

Iraqi Sunnis were against Hussein?

And who did they support during the resistance of the Northern Alliance in the 80-90s in Afghanistan, when Shah Massoud Sr. fought against the USSR and the Taliban?
Nope. But after Bush installed Iranian stooge Maliki as head of the government everything went to hell. ISIS was born in Camp Bucca prison, Iraq in 2003. They weren't around in the 80s and 90s.

Invading Iraq was a huge blunder, but that's what Israel demanded. We destabilized the whole Middle East.

Not really, the Taliban and ISIS have been at odds for a loooong time even before each group was organized in their current iterations and much of it is sectarian.

"ISIS-K sees the Taliban as an irreconcilable enemy that needs to be militarily defeated. The enmity between the two groups has been aggravated by sustained military hostilities, but the main cause remains their sectarian difference. ISIS-K subscribes to the Jihadi-Salafism ideology — and plays up the ‘purity’ of its anti-idolatry credentials. The Taliban, on the other hand, subscribe to an alternative Sunni Islamic sectarian school, the Hanafi madhhab, which ISIS-K regards as deficient. The two groups also differ over the role of nationalism. ISIS-K fiercely rejects it, which runs counter to the Afghan Taliban’s aims of ruling over Afghanistan."

The ISIS-K Resurgence
That's what I said.

this contradicts the fact that they are fighting de facto on the side of the Afghan rebels, who are in favor of the sovereignty of the northern Afghan peoples

Nope. But after Bush installed Iranian stooge Maliki as head of the government everything went to hell. ISIS was born in Camp Bucca prison, Iraq in 2003. They weren't around in the 80s and 90s.

Invading Iraq was a huge blunder, but that's what Israel demanded. We destabilized the whole Middle East.

I didn't mean ISIS, but the Iraqi Sunnis themselves. Did they have any political preferences before ISIS?

As for the liberation of Iraq from the Hussein regime, I think that Bush did everything right. He said that Hussein was an enemy of the American people, he had a totalitarian regime, in addition, he captured Kuwait.

The ISIS-K Resurgence

It is naive to believe that there can be differences of leadership on religious grounds, like the Christians had a dispute about leavened bread for the Eucharist.

This should simply mean that ISIS is on the right side and stands for the decentralization of Asia and the overthrow of the Taliban regime, which occupied South Turkestan, in particular.

I think that Bush would support ISIS.

this contradicts the fact that they are fighting de facto on the side of the Afghan rebels, who are in favor of the sovereignty of the northern Afghan peoples
Not ISIS. I think I don't understand what you're saying.

It is naïve to believe that there can be differences of leadership on religious grounds, like the Christians had a dispute about leavened bread for the Eucharist.

This should simply mean that ISIS is on the right side and stands for the decentralization of Asia and the overthrow of the Taliban regime, which occupied South Turkestan, in particular.

I think that Bush would support ISIS.
Personally we should secretly support both groups and let them wipe each other out then wipe out whoever is left standing.......... The Taliban is bad but ISIS is more radical.

and there are LOTS of them thruout the middle east
and some people in Europe and the Americas are
impressed with them. The Taliban movement was
galvanized by sunni Pakistanis----way back in the
1980s

and there are LOTS of them thruout the middle east
and some people in Europe and the Americas are
impressed with them. The Taliban movement was
galvanized by sunni Pakistanis----way back in the
1980s
Lol. The Taliban were war orphans. They didn't show up until 1994

Forum List