Why Is Halloween Called The Devil's Holiday?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I missed the part where carving pumpkins, dressing up in costumes and going to parties or taking your children trick-or-treating, going on hayrides, watching scary movies that aren't even real and eating candy is supposed to be work of the devil.

I know that I had this discussion on here before, but it still confuses me. Everything that I mentioned above is what Halloween's about. There's absolutely nothing Satanic about it. It might have dark roots but you can bet that most people aren't performing Satanic rituals or sacrificing animals. Only evil psychotic people do that and that's all year round not just one specific night.

Maybe it’s the sacrificing of Virgins

1697412050060.png

Last edited:
I missed the part where carving pumpkins, dressing up in costumes and going to parties or taking your children trick-or-treating, going on hayrides, watching scary movies that aren't even real and eating candy is supposed to be work of the devil.

I know that I had this discussion on here before, but it still confuses me. Everything that I mentioned above is what Halloween's about. There's absolutely nothing Satanic about it. It might have dark roots but you can bet that most people aren't performing Satanic rituals or sacrificing animals. Only evil psychotic people do that and that's all year round not just one specific night.
troubled spirits that can't get to the afterlife, beg for prayers on Halloween night to enter heaven . Nov 1 is celebrated as All Souls Day, for a chance to redeem their troubled spirits and get in the club

• Banned
Halloween has really been commercialized over the years, but traditionally speaking it is the Highest Unholy Day on the Satanist calendar.

I'm not arguing with you there but most people who celebrate Halloween aren't Satanists. They're regular people. So I guess is my real question is why it's still called the devil's holiday.

Having been raised as a student of the Bible, one thing I was taught was this: If a person isn't for Christ, then he/she against Him. Since this topic wasn't posted in the religious section, I won't get too deeply into it, but the Bible teaches that we should avoid the occult, witchcraft, false gods, divination, etc. etc.

On the surface, Halloween seems innocent enough. I enjoyed participating in it throughout my childhood, but a study into its origins caused me to backtrack a number of years ago. I don't really care if others get into it, but I no longer do.

• Banned
Having been raised as a student of the Bible, one thing I was taught was this: If a person isn't for Christ, then he/she against Him. Since this topic wasn't posted in the religious section, I won't get too deeply into it, but the Bible teaches that we should avoid the occult, witchcraft, false gods, divination, etc. etc.

On the surface, Halloween seems innocent enough. I enjoyed participating in it throughout my childhood, but a study into its origins caused me to backtrack a number of years ago. I don't really care if others get into it, but I no longer do.

Fair enough but any witchcraft regarding Halloween is generally fake and with movies like the Harry Potter and Halloweentown films also fun and innocent.

The candy rots your teeth.

That's evil.

Fair enough but any witchcraft regarding Halloween is generally fake and with movies like the Harry Potter and Halloweentown films also fun and innocent.
Well, like I said, on the surface it seems fun and innocent. No harm, no foul. But a deep dive into its origins and history reveals that there's a darker side to it. Once that became apparent to me, my conscience would no longer allow me to enjoin myself with it.

The candy rots your teeth.

That's evil.

And... Who's up for another round of I don't give a shit?

Well, like I said, on the surface it seems fun and innocent. No harm, no foul. But a deep dive into its origins and history reveals that there's a darker side to it. Once that became apparent to me, my conscience would no longer allow me to enjoin myself with it.

And I respect your decision as that's your choice. :)

kids don't do trick or treating anymore

Oh yeah... Stranger danger. (Mine most certainly will be trick-or-treating though. That way I can go again myself as well!!! Yay!!! :D)

Why Is Halloween Called The Devil's Holiday?​

Halloween or All Hallow's Day is taken from Hallowmas.

It marks the 6 month opposite calendar date from May Eve.

Both are pagan.

Halloween or All Hallow's Day is taken from Hallowmas.

It marks the 6 month opposite calendar date from May Eve.

I didn't know that... but Hallowmas? The birth of Halloween or something? 😆

I have not heard it referred to as the Devil's Holiday, but it's not that difficult to recognize the similarities of the celebration activities of Halloween with the Christians' insensitive descriptions of Satanism. And so, they are going to cross things up, because they are stupid people - not smart and sophisticated like you.

I have not heard it referred to as the Devil's Holiday, but it's not that difficult to recognize the similarities of the celebration activities of Halloween with the Christians' insensitive descriptions of Satanism.

None of the things listed in my OP have ANYTHING to do with Satanism.

I have not heard it referred to as the Devil's Holiday, but it's not that difficult to recognize the similarities of the celebration activities of Halloween with the Christians' insensitive descriptions of Satanism. And so, they are going to cross things up, because they are stupid people - not smart and sophisticated like you.
I don't believe it has anything to do with "smart" vs. "stupid." It has to do with how deeply people study the topic and whether it effects their spirit, conscience, and personal beliefs or not.

I don't believe it has anything to do with "smart" vs. "stupid." It has to do with how deeply people study the topic and whether it effects their spirit, conscience, and personal beliefs or not.

Sort of like how I like rap music but only old school and clean Christian rap as that affects my conscience if I listen to anything but. Plus it sucks, but that sort of goes without saying.

Actually, most children who participate in Halloween eventually turn to Satan

None of the things listed in my OP have ANYTHING to do with Satanism.

OK, here, I'm going to lay it all out for you:

Halloween is based on Samhain or Witches New Year:

Screen Shot 2023-10-15 at 8.04.14 PM.png

In reality, while observed by christians now through adoption of old pagan events, those pagan events had their roots in the satanic observance of All Hallows Eve:

Screen Shot 2023-10-15 at 8.06.12 PM.png

And its opposite, six months on the calendar, May Eve, is originally based on May Eve or Beltane:

Screen Shot 2023-10-15 at 8.15.10 PM.png

We observe these pagan events (including Yule or Yuletide) mainly for family and holiday celebration (and a paid day off now) without noting their real origins.

Forum List

Back