Why is a gay woman playing Princess Diana in upcoming movie?

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Right libs? I thought you guys say that straight people shouldn't be acting in gay roles, so what's the difference here?

Kristen Stewart to play Princess Diana in new film: acute social media reaction – Latest news​

Kristen Stewart got the role of Princess Diana​

Chilean director Pablo Larrain prepares to shoot the movie Spencer. After the adaptation of the story of Jacqueline Kennedy, he wants to show the pages of the life of Princess Diana. According to the Just Jared tabloid, he has already cast Hollywood actress Kristen Stewart, known for the films “Twilight” and “Charlie’s Angels”, for the role.

I find it odd how people can maybe hear one or two people say something but it explodes in their head as some sort of position thousands of people hold.

I can't recall anyone ever complaining about Eric Stonestreet playing a gay man on Modern Family. The show was extremely popular and won all kinds of awards. Where exactly where these protests?

Kristen Stewart is not blond. The issue is shaming straight actors for playing straight rolls, then praising the reverse.​

OIP.uOxOYKKX7GMp4YaV8I6rfwHaEK

I always found it odd that Eric McCormack was chosen to play the gay lead in Will & Grace, ( he isn't gay), but they turned dow John Barrowman, (who is gay), for the part.

BTW, shouldn't the role of the princess have been filled by a queen?

1635957184368.png

I always found it odd that Eric McCormack was chosen to play the gay lead in Will & Grace, ( he isn't gay), but they turned dow John Barrowman, (who is gay), for the part.

BTW, shouldn't the role of the princess have been filled by a queen?

View attachment 559913

Eric McCormack had good cast chemistry.. You all get excited about some real stupid stuff.

Eric McCormack had good cast chemistry.. You all get excited about some real stupid stuff.

and, as usual, you miss the point.

Barrowman stated in an interview, that he didn't get the part because he wasn't 'gay enough'.

Should straight actors still play gay characters? 'It's complicated'​

While many straight actors have been praised for their performances in LGBTQ roles, some argue only queer actors have the authenticity to bring these parts to life.

Playing it straight: should gay roles be reserved for gay actors?​

From Freddie Mercury to Queen Anne, awards season is set to be dominated by queer characters played by non-LGBT performers. So is this sexuality’s equivalent of blackface – or is it simply acting?

Forum List

Back