New Spiderman movie...no Wokeness, just a good time....fun watch....?

I watched it on opening night, and it was an experience just being there. The theater was packed. As the OP's reviewer said the audience broke into applause numerous times.

The place was so packed that some families were split up trying to find seats. One of the best things I saw was a young couple give up their seats so that a father could sit with his son.

One of the better film critics, John Nolte and his review of the new Spiderman movie...

Before the review.....

Don't Go Woke, Don't Go Broke...

Spiderman makes 50 million dollars on Thursday release...

I didn't like the first two....maybe this one is the one to see....

Spider-Man: No Way Home is about to make fools out of every fake entertainment ā€œjournalistā€ whoā€™s blamed all these woketard flops on the China Flu pandemic. Not only was my 4 p.m. screening packed to the rafters, not only did the audience explode into applause at least a half-dozen times (word of mouth is going to propel this sucker into outer space), but after it was over, the theater lobby was packed, unlike anything Iā€™ve seen since Avengers: Endgame.

Newsflash: If you make a decent movie that seeks to entertain and move ā€” instead of lecture and shame ā€” we will show up. Spider-Man: No Way Home does precisely that.

You will not only have a great time at the movies again, but thereā€™s no gay, transsexual, or racial nonsense. This movie is about only one thing: Delivering the goods.
-----

No Way Home doesnā€™t only entertain with an embrace of the past. It dabbles in monster-sized themes that surprise and gives you something to chew on. This is a movie about two things: second chances and self-sacrifice. In a nod to Tobey Maguireā€™s original Spider-Mantrilogy, thereā€™s even a flattering reference to America and Americanism with respect to those second chances.

This is how you make movies. This is how Hollywood used to make movies. No lectures. No shaming. No woke violations of human nature. The cast is multi-ethnic, and race is never an issue, which is what life is like in the real world, as opposed to Twitter and cable news.
----

No Way Home is also a gift to Zendaya, the young actress who plays M.J. ā€” Peterā€™s girlfriend. In the previous two Spider-Man installments, she wasnā€™t a character. Instead, she was a woke identity. She was obnoxious and unattractive ā€” you know like your first wife is obnoxious and unattractive. With unappealing roles like that, Zendayaā€™s shelf-life as a star was close to zero. No Way Home is the first time Iā€™ve seen her in something where sheā€™s allowed to be warm, charming, and likable. With more performances like this one, she might have a chance at a real career.
---

Being non-woke doesnā€™t mean Far From Home has nothing to say. Quite the opposite. The difference, though, is that the story speaks to us, all of us, in the way art is supposed to speak. The themes are universal, the characters are relatable, the emotions real, and the filmmakerā€™s desire to put on a show infectiousā€¦

Yehbut ---- you say it doesn't have racial woke stuff, but what about that black girlfriend? That hits my miscegenation promotion alarms. They couldn't make her white? Why not?

Yehbut ---- you say it doesn't have racial woke stuff, but what about that black girlfriend? That hits my miscegenation promotion alarms. They couldn't make her white? Why not?
She's been black for the first two movies. Are they supposed to make her white for the third to make it less woke for you?

You have no idea what woke means; youā€™re willfully ignorant and lying about what it means.
"Woke" means you and your left-wing friends' attempt to stir up non-whites with hatred based on resentment of whites.

We know what "woke" means.

One of the better film critics, John Nolte and his review of the new Spiderman movie...

Before the review.....

Don't Go Woke, Don't Go Broke...

Spiderman makes 50 million dollars on Thursday release...

I didn't like the first two....maybe this one is the one to see....

Spider-Man: No Way Home is about to make fools out of every fake entertainment ā€œjournalistā€ whoā€™s blamed all these woketard flops on the China Flu pandemic. Not only was my 4 p.m. screening packed to the rafters, not only did the audience explode into applause at least a half-dozen times (word of mouth is going to propel this sucker into outer space), but after it was over, the theater lobby was packed, unlike anything Iā€™ve seen since Avengers: Endgame.

Newsflash: If you make a decent movie that seeks to entertain and move ā€” instead of lecture and shame ā€” we will show up. Spider-Man: No Way Home does precisely that.

You will not only have a great time at the movies again, but thereā€™s no gay, transsexual, or racial nonsense. This movie is about only one thing: Delivering the goods.
-----

No Way Home doesnā€™t only entertain with an embrace of the past. It dabbles in monster-sized themes that surprise and gives you something to chew on. This is a movie about two things: second chances and self-sacrifice. In a nod to Tobey Maguireā€™s original Spider-Mantrilogy, thereā€™s even a flattering reference to America and Americanism with respect to those second chances.

This is how you make movies. This is how Hollywood used to make movies. No lectures. No shaming. No woke violations of human nature. The cast is multi-ethnic, and race is never an issue, which is what life is like in the real world, as opposed to Twitter and cable news.
----

No Way Home is also a gift to Zendaya, the young actress who plays M.J. ā€” Peterā€™s girlfriend. In the previous two Spider-Man installments, she wasnā€™t a character. Instead, she was a woke identity. She was obnoxious and unattractive ā€” you know like your first wife is obnoxious and unattractive. With unappealing roles like that, Zendayaā€™s shelf-life as a star was close to zero. No Way Home is the first time Iā€™ve seen her in something where sheā€™s allowed to be warm, charming, and likable. With more performances like this one, she might have a chance at a real career.
---

Being non-woke doesnā€™t mean Far From Home has nothing to say. Quite the opposite. The difference, though, is that the story speaks to us, all of us, in the way art is supposed to speak. The themes are universal, the characters are relatable, the emotions real, and the filmmakerā€™s desire to put on a show infectiousā€¦

Absolutely! It was greatā€¦. 3 white superheros, no gay characters, men protecting womanā€¦ $1.7 bil on rev and counting in the post pandemic era!

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Forum List

Back