Why I stopped watching the news

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
I gradually realized that the "news" wasn't really news. What do you call it? Smarmy personalities discussing their personal opinions based on their political beliefs? Fox leans right but allows left wing opinions but CNN leans left and only discusses left wing opinions. There is no "news" only editorial political philosophy mostly designed to elicit emotional response. Count me out.

I gradually realized that the "news" wasn't really news. What do you call it? Smarmy personalities discussing their personal opinions based on their political beliefs? Fox leans right but allows left wing opinions but CNN leans left and only discusses left wing opinions. There is no "news" only editorial political philosophy mostly designed to elicit emotional response. Count me out.

Uh..Maybe you've missed Scott Jennings and Michael Smerconish on CNN. Two very level headed conservatives.
And CNN is the best when it comes to not slanting. If you want to dismiss the rountable discussions, fine. I sometimes
find them tiresome. But Fox? They overcompensate at times...because they don't want to drive away the base...totally.

I look to other avenues for news these days. Fox used to s the least bad station for political commentary , but it’s gotten a lot worse and is no longer good for entertainmen. They used to have a lot of debate, now not so much. CNN and MSNBC are irredeemable.
How dare anyone tell you anything that isn’t trumpscum propaganda

I won't watch commentary. My stuff is streamed any way. I watch local news if I am some place that has the news on.

I read it. I have to separate the bullshit out. I prefer transcripts to things like speeches by political leaders. I will watch recordings if it is necessary to figure out if something was taken out of context.

CBS and ABC are good. Of course if you are looking for 24/7 news, there is no such thing. You cannot fill 24 hours with new anybody cares about without spending a ton of money, and that is not good for investors, so it ain't happening.

ABC does a lot of drama with the knowing looks at each other depending on location. I'm not fond of Chicago's ABC. At. All. Fox in Chicago does local news well.

Uh..Maybe you've missed Scott Jennings and Michael Smerconish on CNN. Two very level headed conservatives.
And CNN is the best when it comes to not slanting. If you want to dismiss the rountable discussions, fine. I sometimes
find them tiresome. But Fox? They overcompensate at times...because they don't want to drive away the base...totally.
Moderate Bush guys like Jennings and Smerconish seem like conservatives to CNN. I rest my case.

We still watch Tucker Carlson for entertainment purposes. That guy Hugo Talks on You Tube is pretty good (for a Brit), as is the channel Headlines With A Voice. We also read Life Site news. It's the bloody newspapers we can't stand nowadays. They're all filthy leftist rags.

Tucker is not the "News". He is an admitted conservative advocate. I used to watch him because he speaks the truth but I am tired of the bullshit designed to make me angry.

You will save 10 years off your life !!

Just how I feel. I watch one to two news programs a day, and sometimes only partially. Haven't watched Fox News Channel in years. Watched Fox Business News before Lou Dobbs was canceled and am looking forward to his reappearance somewhere soon. I like to check-in for a few minutes on that channel for news on the financial markets. Meanwhile, I am enjoying re-watching The Sopranos after many years and had forgotten so much. What a good series. RIP James Gandolfini....you were a fine actor. Tony Soprano! :thup:

Tucker is not the "News". He is an admitted conservative advocate. I used to watch him because he speaks the truth but I am tired of the bullshit designed to make me angry.
Sorry, anyone who thinks Tucker speaks the truth is delusional. Even Tucker's lawyers stated that Tucker should not be take seriously when he was sued for libel.

The "'general tenor' of the show should then inform a viewer that [Carlson] is not 'stating actual facts' about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in 'exaggeration' and 'non-literal commentary.' "

Sorry, anyone who thinks Tucker speaks the truth is delusional. Even Tucker's lawyers stated that Tucker should not be take seriously when he was sued for libel.

The "'general tenor' of the show should then inform a viewer that [Carlson] is not 'stating actual facts' about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in 'exaggeration' and 'non-literal commentary.' "
A critique of Tucker, form the hacks at National Panhandler Radio....Sounds legit.

A critique of Tucker, form the hacks at National Panhandler Radio....Sounds legit.
Is that how you do your homework Look at the court transcripts or look at the thousands of sources online that state that Judge Mary Vyskocil ruled that Carlson’s statement was rhetorical hyperbole:

Fox persuasively argues… "that given Mr. Carlson’s reputation, any reasonable viewer
arrive with an appropriate amount of skepticism’ about the statements he makes,”

I think you would be hard pressed to find anything Carlson didn't lie about. CNN deserves it's criticism but those who watch FOX have no say in the matter. Zero. Don't know why there is a line through the text

Is that how you do your homework Look at the court transcripts or look at the thousands of sources online that state that Judge Mary Vyskocil ruled that Carlson’s statement was rhetorical hyperbole:

Fox persuasively argues… "that given Mr. Carlson’s reputation, any reasonable viewer
arrive with an appropriate amount of skepticism’ about the statements he makes,”

I think you would be hard pressed to find anything Carlson didn't lie about. CNN deserves it's criticism but those who watch FOX have no say in the matter. Zero. Don't know why there is a line through the text
Yeah, m'kay. :rolleyes-41:

Yeah, m'kay. :rolleyes-41:
Thank you for conceding.

I feel your pain, as President Clinton used to say.

I canceled my subscription to the Los Angeles Times back in 2019, for it was becoming so biased that even its headlines were mini-editorials against President Trump.

Now I only ever read the headlines on a few websites (e.g., Google News) and watch FOX for a few minutes while eating breakfast.

(Of course, I check the Daily Mail for all the American crime stories that our media will not report for a "certain" reason.)

Just how I feel. I watch one to two news programs a day, and sometimes only partially. Haven't watched Fox News Channel in years. Watched Fox Business News before Lou Dobbs was canceled and am looking forward to his reappearance somewhere soon. I like to check-in for a few minutes on that channel for news on the financial markets. Meanwhile, I am enjoying re-watching The Sopranos after many years and had forgotten so much. What a good series. RIP James Gandolfini....you were a fine actor. Tony Soprano! :thup:

Yup......haven't watched Fox since they turned on Trump.

And cut back on Newsmax when they silenced the pillow guy.

Forum List

Back