Why I don't eat steak anymore.

Why I don't eat steak cows anymore.​

Fixed it for you. :wink:
Steers would be the appropriate term used. cows are female, bulls = are male, steers are male with testicals removed steers are used for beef.
Response stopped
Cattle are classified into different types based on their sex and age. Here are some definitions1234:
  • Cow: a mature female bovine that has given birth to at least one or two calves.
  • Bull: a mature, intact (testicles present and not removed) male bovine used for breeding purposes.
  • Steer: a male bovine (or bull) that has been castrated before reaching sexual maturity and is primarily used for beef.
  • Heifer: a female bovine (often immature, but beyond the “calf” stage) less than 1 to 2 years of age that has never calved.
  • Ox (plural: Oxen): a bovine that is trained for draft work (pulling carts, wagons, plows, etc.). This is a term that primarily refers to a male bovine that has been castrated after maturity. However, an ox can also be female bovine (cow or heifer) or even a bull that has been trained for the same purpose. I hope this helps!

Last edited:
I agree that if you have a tasteless steak then you are not doing something right. Either what you pick out or how you prepare it.

We have the better cuts of steak at home a couple of times a month. They are always delicious.

On Saturday we had rib eyes. Pan seared with butter and fresh thyme. As good or better than what we can get at most restaurants.

Sometimes we Souis Vide the steaks and they are always great.

Steers would be the appropriate term used. cows are female, bulls = are male, steers are male with testicals removed steers are used for beef.
Response stopped
Cattle are classified into different types based on their sex and age. Here are some definitions1234:
  • Cow: a mature female bovine that has given birth to at least one or two calves.
  • Bull: a mature, intact (testicles present and not removed) male bovine used for breeding purposes.
  • Steer: a male bovine (or bull) that has been castrated before reaching sexual maturity and is primarily used for beef.
  • Heifer: a female bovine (often immature, but beyond the “calf” stage) less than 1 to 2 years of age that has never calved.
  • Ox (plural: Oxen): a bovine that is trained for draft work (pulling carts, wagons, plows, etc.). This is a term that primarily refers to a male bovine that has been castrated after maturity. However, an ox can also be female bovine (cow or heifer) or even a bull that has been trained for the same purpose. I hope this helps!

I think you missed my point, but it's totally OK. :) I shouldn't have posted here anyway, I'm on Woodnutz' sh*tlist.

Steak lacks taste, not tender.

I blame this on the change from Hereford cattle to Angus. I'm sure I can get a good steak at a steakhouse, but the steaks I buy at my supermarket are flavorless and tough. So sad.
I'm actually eating more. I make loads of Chicken Indian dishes and the girlfriend's mother likes Beef curry. The recipe I use involves a pressure cooker, and now I make twice as much because steak in an Indian Curry is damn nice.

Not so, I'm on your shitlist. :(
Because we understand you know the TRUTH, and you've admitted you know the ultimate will of God on this issue, and you call yourself Christian, but you're unwilling to simply follow God. We see you're capable of doing better, but you're simply not honest on this topic

Sorry, I couldn't resist! :tongue:

1706661630314.png

Because we understand you know the TRUTH, and you've admitted you know the ultimate will of God on this issue, and you call yourself Christian, but you're unwilling to simply follow God. We see you're capable of doing better, but you're simply not honest on this topic
I'm a work in progress. :biggrin:

I was told Argentinian steaks are the best in the world.

Myself, l’m considering going over to venison. It’s hunted in this area.

Forum List

Back