Why I Could Never Be GOP or Libertarian

Listening to everything the GOP and Libertarians have to say, I have to say I viamently disagree with the direction they want to take America. They are a very selfish group.

Paul Ryan, the father of a Republican budget initiative that seeks to destroy Medicare and Social Security has continually invoked the name of Ayn Rand as his philosophical mentor and guide. Many other Republicans have do so too. They are embracing a philosophy which, according to Ayn Rand herself, is one of selfishness and is against all forms of Spirituality. The question any thoughtful Americans must ask themselves is: “Is this the America we want?”

And how do they get evangelicals to go along with them is beyond me.

Its a very selfish every man for himself mentality.

And Libertarians don't believe in the Commons. What are the Commons?

The Commons are resources that are owned by all of us. That includes the Grand Canyon, oil rights, power companies, roads, public airwaves, schools, etc.

Here is how they think. Libertarians think if we all own the land on which our sheep graze, we will each add one too many sheep until we destroy the land for future generations. That We the People can't manage the commons.

Libertarians think that if one person owns the land and charged everyone else grazing fees, he would be more committed to preserving it for the future than a village of farmers.

I disagree.
Funny... I don't see how wanting free shit from the government is less selfish than libertarianism or conservatism. It looks more selfish to me, but I digress.

I don't believe we are all in this together because I want you to take care of me prick. I understand the most successful in our society should help the least.

And I don't subscribe to the concept that I am my brothers keeper for selfish reasons.

Read a few posts back where the one right wing asshole said greed is good. That sums up the GOP if you ask me. And most of you aren't even rich enough to benefit from GOP policies. If we implimented their policies, most of you would be the ones looking for handouts or crying that the government is the reason you don't make good money! Then we will say you are responsible for you and to quit whining. :lol:

If you want to pay zero taxes and have no govenment services, move to Pakistan.

Listening to everything the GOP and Libertarians have to say, I have to say I viamently disagree with the direction they want to take America. They are a very selfish group.

Paul Ryan, the father of a Republican budget initiative that seeks to destroy Medicare and Social Security has continually invoked the name of Ayn Rand as his philosophical mentor and guide. Many other Republicans have do so too. They are embracing a philosophy which, according to Ayn Rand herself, is one of selfishness and is against all forms of Spirituality. The question any thoughtful Americans must ask themselves is: “Is this the America we want?”

And how do they get evangelicals to go along with them is beyond me.

Its a very selfish every man for himself mentality.

And Libertarians don't believe in the Commons. What are the Commons?

The Commons are resources that are owned by all of us. That includes the Grand Canyon, oil rights, power companies, roads, public airwaves, schools, etc.

Here is how they think. Libertarians think if we all own the land on which our sheep graze, we will each add one too many sheep until we destroy the land for future generations. That We the People can't manage the commons.

Libertarians think that if one person owns the land and charged everyone else grazing fees, he would be more committed to preserving it for the future than a village of farmers.

I disagree.
Funny... I don't see how wanting free shit from the government is less selfish than libertarianism or conservatism. It looks more selfish to me, but I digress.

I don't believe we are all in this together because I want you to take care of me prick. I understand the most successful in our society should help the least.

And I don't subscribe to the concept that I am my brothers keeper for selfish reasons.

Read a few posts back where the one right wing asshole said greed is good. That sums up the GOP if you ask me. And most of you aren't even rich enough to benefit from GOP policies. If we implimented their policies, most of you would be the ones looking for handouts or crying that the government is the reason you don't make good money! Then we will say you are responsible for you and to quit whining. :lol:

If you want to pay zero taxes and have no govenment services, move to Pakistan.
Lol... You need to calm down before I converse with you. You're way too angry to talk to right now.

They are a very selfish group.

But forcing some people to labor for the benefit of others they don't even know, not selfish at all, eh?

Yes. Its called a moral society. Societies aren't judged based on how well off their richest citizens are. They are judged by how they treat their poorest.

The GOP have adopted Ayn Rand's economic policies and even if you ask her, there is nothing spiritual about what she thinks. Survival of the fittest.

And so the GOP consists of either greedy people or people who think the only two sins are abortion and gay marriage.

Just based on your question I can tell your priorities are out of wack. You can't even comprehend that a lot of rich people feel very fortunate that they live in America and were able to get rich and they don't mind giving back.

But they aren't the ones who run the GOP or the ones lobbying the GOP. The GREEDY rich are the people that control the GOP. They don't believe in taking care of the poor? Wow!

Meanwhile you cry because we took a crumb off of Bill Gates golden plate.

Societies aren't judged based on how well off their richest citizens are. They are judged by how they treat their poorest.

Says who? Personally, I judge societies by how free their people are.

So there.

Couldn't stomach the rest of what you wrote, not after laying that stinky turd!

They are a very selfish group.

But forcing some people to labor for the benefit of others they don't even know, not selfish at all, eh?

Yes. Its called a moral society. Societies aren't judged based on how well off their richest citizens are. They are judged by how they treat their poorest.

The GOP have adopted Ayn Rand's economic policies and even if you ask her, there is nothing spiritual about what she thinks. Survival of the fittest.

And so the GOP consists of either greedy people or people who think the only two sins are abortion and gay marriage.

Just based on your question I can tell your priorities are out of wack. You can't even comprehend that a lot of rich people feel very fortunate that they live in America and were able to get rich and they don't mind giving back.

But they aren't the ones who run the GOP or the ones lobbying the GOP. The GREEDY rich are the people that control the GOP. They don't believe in taking care of the poor? Wow!

Wait a fucking minute, Boo-boo... You fucking libs go on and on about the religious right somehow trying to force you to live by their morals, and then in your very first sentence here you want to try and force us to live by YOUR morals.

The truth is, the only reason you bedwetting pansies want to FORCE charity through the government is because you KNOW that if it was left up to people like you, charity wouldn't exist at all!

Fucking HACK!!

Societies aren't judged based on how well off their richest citizens are. They are judged by how they treat their poorest.

So there.

Oh please stop talking about freedom. You aren't any more free than an Australian, Brit or Canadian.

What you don't understand is how important unions and the New Deal were/are to the quality of life we currently have now. Back before these things, we had a small rich class and a big working poor class of citizens. They were free, but poor.

It wasn't freedom or free trade that made America a great place to live.

Democracy - Not "The Free Market" - Will Save America's Middle Class

And the Iraq war was not about your freedom either. Stop saying silly things. :cuckoo:

Wait a fucking minute, Boo-boo... You fucking libs go on and on about the religious right somehow trying to force you to live by their morals, and then in your very first sentence here you want to try and force us to live by YOUR morals.

The truth is, the only reason you bedwetting pansies want to FORCE charity through the government is because you KNOW that if it was left up to people like you, charity wouldn't exist at all!

Fucking HACK!!

No. We know that when we try it your way, society falls apart. This was your report card in 2007:

Roll Back the Reagan Tax Cuts | Common Dreams

Since Bush has been president:

•over 5 million people have slipped into poverty;
•nearly 7 million Americans have lost their health insurance;
•median household income has gone down by nearly $1,300;
•three million manufacturing jobs have been lost;
•three million American workers have lost their pensions;
•home foreclosures are now the highest on record;
•the personal savings rate is below zero - which hasn't happened since the great depression;
•the real earnings of college graduates have gone down by about 5% in the last few years;
•entry level wages for male and female high school graduates have fallen by over 3%;
•wages and salaries are now at the lowest share of GDP since 1929.

And you hacks wanted to blame Obama for the mess we are in?

So there.

How Ayn Rand Seduced Generations of Young Men and Helped Make the U.S. Into a Selfish, Greedy Nation

Ayn Rand (1905-1982) helped make the United States into one of the most uncaring nations in the industrialized world, a neo-Dickensian society where healthcare is only for those who can afford it, and where young people are coerced into huge student-loan debt that cannot be discharged in bankruptcy.

1966, Ronald Reagan wrote in a personal letter, “Am an admirer of Ayn Rand.” Today, Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) credits Rand for inspiring him to go into politics, and Sen. Ron Johnson (R-WI) calls Atlas Shrugged his “foundation book.” Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) says Ayn Rand had a major influence on him, and his son Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) is an even bigger fan. A short list of other Rand fans includes Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas; Christopher Cox, chairman of the Security and Exchange Commission in George W. Bush’s second administration; and former South Carolina governor Mark Sanford.

How Ayn Rand Seduced Generations of Young Men and Helped Make the U.S. Into a Selfish, Greedy Nation | // Current TV

No. We know that when we try it your way, society falls apart. This was your report card in 2007:

•the personal savings rate is below zero - which hasn't happened since the great depression;
•the real earnings of college graduates have gone down by about 5% in the last few years;
•entry level wages for male and female high school graduates have fallen by over 3%;

You really DON'T pay any attention around here, do you? I really didn't like George Bush, and in fact I never cast a vote for him. Don't try to pawn that prick off on me, Boo-boo, I ain't owning it.

You , on the other hand, voted for the Dear Leader, so you DO own the clusterfuck HE'S created. I'm not even going to bother listing them, you know what they are...

You really DON'T pay any attention around here, do you? I really didn't like George Bush, and in fact I never cast a vote for him. Don't try to pawn that prick off on me, Boo-boo, I ain't owning it.

You , on the other hand, voted for the Dear Leader, so you DO own the clusterfuck HE'S created. I'm not even going to bother listing them, you know what they are...

Oh one of you right wingers who won't own up to Bush? Fact is, when i say Bush, I mean the entire GOP party. So whether you are a Ron Paul retard or a Mitt Romney or John McCain supporter, you are just as wrong.

If not one of them and not Obama, who'd you vote for? Rosanne Barr and the Green party? I'll go trace back your posts and see what you are all about. Doesn't really matter though.

If you aren't voting for Romney, Santorum, Ron Paul or Newt then you are ok in my book.

That's pretty much your mission statement! ;)

I first realized the GOP were talking out of their asses about freedom when they kept telling us the Iraq war was about freedom.

That's true enough, but why would you let that sour you on freedom?

They aren't fighting for your freedom. Wake up.

When Bush locked up Hose Padilla, a US citizen for 2 years and didn't give him his rights as a citizen, that's when I realized that you are only as free as they want you to be. You can't even protest in America anymore. Well you can if you are a tea bagger but not if you are a 99% Wallstreet protester.

Forum List

Back