Why I am still a Democrat

P@triot

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2011
United States
Bryan Dean Wright has penned two exceptional articles about his side of the aisle. He is essentially proposing a left-wing version of the Tea Party - which is what I've been saying the left needs to do for about 5 years now. We cannot afford to have any more Nixon's and Clinton's in politics. We need men and women of character who will respect the law and facilitate transparency.

The right started that process with the Tea Party and the results have been encouraging. Around 1,000 seats changed hands from Democrats to Republicans during Barack Obama's terms.

This is a reasonable, rational liberal who I would be happy to reach across the aisle and work with - and what he is proposing here has the potential to rebuild the Democrat Party. I hope the left will listen and act on his advice. The nation will be much stronger for it.

Why I am still a Democrat (even though I can't stand my party right now)

Look at the platform Bryan Dean Wright is proposing here. It's a platform that I could absolutely get onboard with. I would vote for this platform over Donald Trump any day.

Now that Trump’s officially won the White House here are 10 ways Dems must drain their own swamp
Good for you and him, I'm now a moderate independent who has over the decades learned not to trust either side with as much as hanging toilet paper on a roller.
Oh that's so lovely, but moderate? Hardly.

Look at the platform Bryan Dean Wright is proposing here. It's a platform that I could absolutely get onboard with. I would vote for this platform over Donald Trump any day.

Now that Trump’s officially won the White House here are 10 ways Dems must drain their own swamp
Good for you and him, I'm now a moderate independent who has over the decades learned not to trust either side with as much as hanging toilet paper on a roller.
That's okay, the far left morons call me a RWNJ and the far right nutjobs call me a progressive moonbat..... Speaks volumes about you. :thup:

^^^ Bingo! :eusa_clap:

I'm a Democrat because I'm intelligent and moral. It really is that simple.

Anyways, I sort of agree with most of what Wright says. Some of it was buzzword fluff, like "economic vitality." Duh. Does anyone run on the weak economy platform?

And there was that "no identity politics" strawmen, where they pretend equal rights for minorities is a horrible thing. We reject that, out of basic human decency, even if it does cost votes.

The rest, some good Democrat stuff, stuff most Democrats already embrace. If Patriot actually agrees with it, he should be a Democrat, because it's what we Democrats are doing right now.

That's okay, the far left morons call me a RWNJ and the far right nutjobs call me a progressive moonbat..... Speaks volumes about you. :thup:

All your posts do is speak about you shoog, nite.

Anyways, I sort of agree with most of what Wright says. Some of it was buzzword fluff, like "economic vitality." Duh. Does anyone run on the weak economy platform?

And there was that "no identity politics" strawmen, where they pretend equal rights for minorities is a horrible thing. We reject that, out of basic human decency, even if it does cost votes.

The rest, some good Democrat stuff, stuff most Democrats already embrace. If Patriot actually agrees with it, he should be a Democrat, because it's what we Democrats are doing right now.

Since when did democrats have morals or intelligence? Did we redefine those words?

Yeah they do, it's too bad you've only read a few. I bet you're one of those who think the middle of the political road is determined by the number driving on one side or the other not the middle determined by the extreme sides........

Ring is most certainly a moderate.

Lumnuts is so far left that anyone to the right of Mao is a RWNJ.......... :D

Yeah they do, it's too bad you've only read a few. I bet you're one of those who think the middle of the political road is determined by the number driving on one side or the other not the middle determined by the extreme sides........

Nay, it's defined by every anonymous poster on chat boards for his own agenda.

Lumnuts is so far left that anyone to the right of Mao is a RWNJ.......... :D

If we label we can avoid dealing with concepts, and it's always nive to have a commie reference in there somewhere to define yourself as a "moderate". You're more maderate really.

So basically across the political spectrum there's a consensus you're no moderate. Interesting. So was there some issue or something you wanted to go on about, or was this it? "I'm a moderate and you're not"?

Bryan Dean Wright has penned two exceptional articles about his side of the aisle. He is essentially proposing a left-wing version of the Tea Party - which is what I've been saying the left needs to do for about 5 years now. We cannot afford to have any more Nixon's and Clinton's in politics. We need men and women of character who will respect the law and facilitate transparency.

The right started that process with the Tea Party and the results have been encouraging. Around 1,000 seats changed hands from Democrats to Republicans during Barack Obama's terms.

This is a reasonable, rational liberal who I would be happy to reach across the aisle and work with - and what he is proposing here has the potential to rebuild the Democrat Party. I hope the left will listen and act on his advice. The nation will be much stronger for it.

Why I am still a Democrat (even though I can't stand my party right now)
Whoa, good for him.

In the meantime, here’s one simple idea: abandon divisive groups like “Gays for Obama” or “Latinos for Obama.” How refreshing it would be for committees to instead be based on our cities, like “Denver for Obama.” We’d all show up as neighbors – black and white, gay and straight.

Beautiful. How traditionally LIBERAL.

That's great to see, but it will be so counter-intuitive to most of them right now that it won't even register. They'll knock it off like flies.

I'd love to see a Right populist vs. Left populist paradigm come out of this. I just don't know if the Democratic party, as currently configured, can do it.

You sound like a pussy whipped bitch...

My view exactly.

Forum List

Back