Why gay marriage is wrong!

handouts.

married people want government handouts

So...gay people want to be married purely for government handouts? Is that what you're saying?

Gay people civilly marry for all the exact same reasons straights do.

And more!

Really? What "more" reasons do gays marry than straights?

And does it involve Jazz Hands?

Up lighting, maybe...

Who does it harm? For that matter why is the government a part of marriage anyway.
handouts.

So...gay people want to be married purely for government handouts? Is that what you're saying?

My sister is lesbian and married her partner because she loves her. They have been together for over 12 years and there is no benefit for their marriage in the state she lives in. The same applies to my daughters godmother who is likewise married and lesbian. So yes, I agree with you. They marry the people they do for love not government handouts.

And they've been going to school, going to college, graduating, getting a job, finding a partner, adopting children, paying taxes, voting, and just plain living their lives just as you have.

Except you don't have to do it in secret for fear of not getting a job or losing a job or being ostracized by a society and marketplace

Deflection. This is about gay marriage, giving them validation and government perks. It's not about any of these things

Marriage is about many things- including validation and government perks.

Most couples- gay or straight- do not marry for government perks. My wife and I didn't- and neither did our gay friends. Any 'government perks' we will enjoy will likely not be until one of us retires.

Swish, missed the point. I don't think it's possible to pitch slow enough to you to actually hit a point. Has it ever happened? Or do you just get up and swing three times and sit down every time? You know if you just never swing, you'd get on base once in a while

Who does it harm? For that matter why is the government a part of marriage anyway.
handouts.

And more!

Validation, recognition and approval of the collective

handouts.

My sister is lesbian and married her partner because she loves her. They have been together for over 12 years and there is no benefit for their marriage in the state she lives in. The same applies to my daughters godmother who is likewise married and lesbian. So yes, I agree with you. They marry the people they do for love not government handouts.

We've been marrying in churches for decades. I attended my first ceremony at a Baptist Church in San Francisco.

handouts.

And more!

The exact same reasons straights marry...just like I said.

handouts.

And more!

I've met plenty of straight folks that get married because they want to make other people happy. And plenty of gay folks who give a fiddler's fuck what anyone thinks of their marriage.

You may be overgeneralizing.

You should have gone with 'Jazz Hands'.

handouts.

And more!

I didn't know gays were particularly into Jazz Hands. Life is a Cabaret...

And more!

I didn't know gays were particularly into Jazz Hands. Life is a Cabaret...

Gays invented Jazz Hands.

handouts.

Anecdotal stories aren't arguments

handouts.

We've been marrying in churches for decades. I attended my first ceremony at a Baptist Church in San Francisco.

Sadly that option wasn't open to my sister. Much as I dislike San Francisco for a whole host of reasons, that is one area that they have done right!

handouts.

However they are facts. Facts trump opinions any day of the week.

And more!

I've met plenty of straight folks that get married because they want to make other people happy. And plenty of gay folks who give a fiddler's fuck what anyone thinks of their marriage.

And they need government in their bedroom to make them happy? Why?

handouts.

Anecdotal stories are clearly in the opinion category as an argument.

I read about someone who was saved by not wearing a seatbelt. They were thrown clear of the car onto a grassy area. If they wore the seatbelt, they would have been crushed.

True story, but is it an argument against seatbelts? One case?

And more!

The same reasons all the married people (like yourself) you know do.

And more!

The same reasons all the married people (like yourself) you know do.

I need that to make myself happy? You haven't been reading my posts. That was already clear

Anecdotal stories are clearly in the opinion category as an argument.

I read about someone who was saved by not wearing a seatbelt. They were thrown clear of the car onto a grassy area. If they wore the seatbelt, they would have been crushed.

True story, but is it an argument against seatbelts? One case?

My mom experienced the same thing when I was two. Of course at the time they had no seatbelts but the fact that she was ejected saved her life.

However, you are comparing physical events to personal feelings. The two are in no way similar so you are in effect comparing a apple with a cruise ship. They don't compare.

Forum List

Back