Why don't people in the Middle East want to get rich?

Depends on the nation. Some oil rich Gulf states spread their oil wealth by paying large stipends to their citizens to the point that they don't have to work. Foreigners do most of the labor. For all practical purposes, those people are already rich.

Other nations are highly capitalistic, like Egypt. Plenty of people run businesses there, and some of them get rich.

Most of the Gulf States cut out the large stipends 40 years ago.
You I don’t like !!!

LOLOL.. I don't care. Meanwhile, the Gulf States invest in healthcare, education, clean water, high speed rail and business start ups.

Depends on the nation. Some oil rich Gulf states spread their oil wealth by paying large stipends to their citizens to the point that they don't have to work. Foreigners do most of the labor. For all practical purposes, those people are already rich.

Other nations are highly capitalistic, like Egypt. Plenty of people run businesses there, and some of them get rich.

Most of the Gulf States cut out the large stipends 40 years ago.
My mistake. I was confusing the public benefits with stipends. A lot of these Gulf nations offer things like free healthcare and education to citizens while basically guaranteeing public sector jobs for most of their citizens.

Forum List

Back