Why Does the Right Embrace Ignorance as a Virtue?

Article I of the Constitution sets forth most of the powers of Congress, which include numerous explicit powers enumerated in Section 8. Constitutional amendments have granted Congress additional powers. Congress also has implied powers derived from the Necessary and Proper Clause of the Constitution.

Yes it does, drooling little sycophant.

Of course none of this has a damned thing to do with your ignorant claim that the Constitution places limits on the people. :dunno:

Hatred and stupidity are the twin pillars of leftism, which you exemplify so well, Cletus.

Care to give that quote? PLEASE?

I never meant to say that the conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it.

John Stuart Mill, in a letter to the Conservative MP, John Pakington

You PLEASE tell me what policy conservatives have EVER been on the correct side of history since the US Founding? Just one, PLEASE?

In another thread, one of your fellow Khmer Rouge democrats was advocating for your little tin god, Obama, to "ignore the do nothing congress and rule through executive order."

So we see that you of the Khmer Rouge advocate for one man rule, AKA dictatorship. Ergo, there is nothing even remotely "liberal" about you. You are totalitarian leftists - seeking to establish dictatorship where all assets, including people, are the property of rulers in Washington DC.

Article I of the Constitution sets forth most of the powers of Congress, which include numerous explicit powers enumerated in Section 8. Constitutional amendments have granted Congress additional powers. Congress also has implied powers derived from the Necessary and Proper Clause of the Constitution.

Yes it does, drooling little sycophant.

Of course none of this has a damned thing to do with your ignorant claim that the Constitution places limits on the people. :dunno:

Hatred and stupidity are the twin pillars of leftism, which you exemplify so well, Cletus.

I never meant to say that the conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it.

In a conservative/libertarian/tea bagger America even freedom wouldn't be free. In fact it's not anymore. If you want to even run for a house seat you better have millions of dollars or forget it. Politicians spend 2 hours of their day working for constituents and the rest of the day dealing with lobbyists and begging for donations so they can run again in 4 more years. Funny you have to have millions of dollars to get a job that only pays $200K. Citizens United is another perfect example.

Which quote Cletus, specifically?

Hatred and stupidity are the twin pillars of leftism. - The Uncensored One on USMB.

I found a great article that casts some light on the puzzling, reality-denying, seemingly insane behavior of so many of the rightwingnut AGW denier cultists who post on this forum. It could have been written with them in mind. It perfectly describes their rejection of science and evidence, as well as logic and rationality, in the service of their political/economic ideologies.

Why Does the Right Embrace Ignorance as a Virtue?
Dismissing facts and science has become a staple of conservative ideology.

AlterNet
By Amanda Marcotte
June 11, 2014
(excerpts)
Spouting off about stuff you know nothing about is traditionally considered unwise. But as the Republican war on science intensifies, ignorance has started to become not only less of a handicap, but a point of pride. In the face of expertise and facts, being belligerently ignorant—and offended that anyone dare suggest ignorance is less desirable than knowledge—has become the go-to position for many conservative politicians and pundits. Sadly, it’s a strategy that’s working, making it harder every day for liberals to argue the value of evidence and reason over wishful thinking and unblinking prejudice. ... But for modern Republicans, being downright proud of their ignorance has become a badge of honor, a way to demonstrate loyalty to the right-wing cause while also sticking it to those liberal pinheads who think there’s some kind of value in knowing what they're talking about before offering an opinion.

The thing is, shameless lying and ignorance work surprisingly well as debate tactics. It’s hard to argue with someone who not only has signaled that he doesn’t care what the truth is but is downright proud of how little he actually knows. Such a person is not amenable to being educated. Once the pretense of really caring one way or another about what is right and what is wrong has been abandoned, all avenue of discourse is shut down. The problem here is that someone who is not only so catastrophically wrong but downright proud of being an ignoramus is not going to actually bother to listen to an explanation like that. That’s why the wall of ignorance is such a powerful rhetorical tool. When you have nothing but contempt for the facts, attempts to educate you will only make your pride in your own ignorance grow stronger. The more you try to educate the proudly ignorant, the dumber they get. At the end of the day, the problem is one of identity. The conservative identity is one of being opposed to everything liberal, to the point of despising anything even associated with liberalism. As liberalism has increasingly been aligned with the values of empiricism and reason, the incentives for conservatives to reject empiricism and reason multiply. To be a “conservative” increasingly means taking a contemptuous view of reality. And so the proudly ignorant grow more belligerent, day after day.

Why do lefties suck dick in back alleys for fun and profit?

In a conservative/libertarian/tea bagger America even freedom wouldn't be free. In fact it's not anymore. If you want to even run for a house seat you better have millions of dollars or forget it. Politicians spend 2 hours of their day working for constituents and the rest of the day dealing with lobbyists and begging for donations so they can run again in 4 more years. Funny you have to have millions of dollars to get a job that only pays $200K. Citizens United is another perfect example.

You believe that freedom is a far too precious to be entrusted to the peasants, right Silly Bonobo?

Freedom must be kept safe by rulers appointed by the party, who can keep infidels from abusing it by uttering words and thoughts that might damage the party or disparage our Dear Leader.

You Khmer Rouge democrats advocate freedom through unquestioning obedience....

You believe that freedom is a far too precious to be entrusted to the peasants, right Silly Bonobo?

Freedom must be kept safe by rulers appointed by the party, who can keep infidels from abusing it by uttering words and thoughts that might damage the party or disparage our Dear Leader.

You Khmer Rouge democrats advocate freedom through unquestioning obedience....

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUZgPfdkWis"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUZgPfdkWis[/ame]

You PLEASE tell me what policy conservatives have EVER been on the correct side of history since the US Founding? Just one, PLEASE?

In another thread, one of your fellow Khmer Rouge democrats was advocating for your little tin god, Obama, to "ignore the do nothing congress and rule through executive order."

So we see that you of the Khmer Rouge advocate for one man rule, AKA dictatorship. Ergo, there is nothing even remotely "liberal" about you. You are totalitarian leftists - seeking to establish dictatorship where all assets, including people, are the property of rulers in Washington DC.

Got it, you CAN'T give me one policy that conservatives have EVER been on the correct side of history on

False premises, distortions and lies, the ONLY thing conservatives have in their playbook...

Which quote Cletus, specifically?

Hatred and stupidity are the twin pillars of leftism. - The Uncensored One on USMB.

The one YOU gave that said I was wrong to reply how ignorant conservatives are too the REAL meaning of the US Constitution!

Got it, you CAN'T give me one policy that conservatives have EVER been on the correct side of history on

What the fuck?

ROFL

Are you tripped out on LSD at this very moment? BWAHAHAHA, that shit was right out of your ass with zero connection to the discussion.

I mean, I knew you were a fucktard - you're a leftest, but I didn't realize that you have no grasp of reality.

False premises, distortions and lies, the ONLY thing conservatives have in their playbook...

ROFL

You mean shit like;

you CAN'T give me one policy that conservatives have EVER been on the correct side of history on
:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

Stupid is as leftist does...

Last edited:
The one YOU gave that said I was wrong to reply how ignorant conservatives are too the REAL meaning of the US Constitution!

Now see, this one sounds more like you're sloppy drunk, rather than tripped out on LSD.

Hey, you dropped acid AND downed a fifth of gin, is that it?

Like nearly all Khmer Rouge democrats, you've never read the Constitution and depend on the leftist hate sites for misinterpretations.

The "real" meaning of the Constitution is precisely what it says, you ignorant baboon.

THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION - We the People

R.T., let's talk hydraulic fracturing. Just to see where the ignorance falls.
[MENTION=20545]Mr. H.[/MENTION]

What is the EROEI of Oil fracked & Canadian Tar Sands?

What is your production cost to extract per barrel?

What price effect will Keystone pipeline have on gas prices here in the USA?

How many years worth of recoverable oil do we have here in the USA?

Have you been covered in oil? Is it toxic? How old are you? Had any health problems?

Did oil + corexit kill shrimp in the Gulf?

Is oil subsidized?

Are tax payers paying for highways?

Were we in Iraq to lower oil prices?

Do we protect Persian Gulf Oil Shipments?

From the time you purchase an oil drilling lease how long does it take to turn that into a market supplying oil producing well?

What is your fastest time at turning a lease into a oil producing well?

Thank you, R.T. :slap:

What the fuck?

ROFL

Are you tripped out on LSD at this very moment? BWAHAHAHA, that shit was right out of your ass with zero connection to the discussion.

I mean, I knew you were a fucktard - you're a leftest, but I didn't realize that you have no grasp of reality.

ROFL

You mean shit like;

you CAN'T give me one policy that conservatives have EVER been on the correct side of history on

Well give him one asshole or shut the fuck up.

What the fuck?

ROFL

ROFL

You mean shit like;

So you STILL can't give me ONE policy conservatives have EVER been on the correct side of history on. Got it

Now see, this one sounds more like you're sloppy drunk, rather than tripped out on LSD.

Hey, you dropped acid AND downed a fifth of gin, is that it?

Like nearly all Khmer Rouge democrats, you've never read the Constitution and depend on the leftist hate sites for misinterpretations.

The "real" meaning of the Constitution is precisely what it says, you ignorant baboon.

THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION - We the People

Good, glad you know how to link, now about the meaning of that STRONG FEDERAL CONSTITUTION?

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, PROMOTE THE GENERAL WELFARE , and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

What the fuck?

ROFL

ROFL

You mean shit like;

So you STILL can't give me ONE policy conservatives have EVER been on the correct side of history on. Got it

Conservatives have supported conservation efforts, from the protection of the Yosemite Valley, to the creation of the Environmental Protection Agency. Happy now?

the question should be why does the left think they have a right to push off their hate and ignorance on everyone in this country?

and I really think they believe it's one of their better virtues...because they damn sure have no honor, civility, tolerance and for sure NO shame

and you can take this thread as the perfect example

Last edited:

You are on drugs, clearly. You post wild non-sequitur and wonder why normals look at you like you are a babbling fool. It's because you ARE a babbling fool.

You are filled with hate, rage, and stupidity. If I point to the warning the conservatives gave regarding Castro, as you leftists embraced him, you'll just scream and post idiocy from the hate sites. I believe America's own Goebbels - Ed Murrow - claimed Castro was the "new George Washington."

You are a mindless automaton, incapable of thought - much less reason.

Forum List

Back