What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why does it not violate the first ammendment for the White House and FBI tell social media platforms who to ban?

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Reaction score
This is a direct violation of the first ammendment.

It is Unconstitutional for the federal government to tell any private companies who to censor.

occupied

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Translation -- "I dunno".

First Amendment​

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

OhPleaseJustQuit

Diamond Member
Reaction score

First Amendment​

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
I carry a copy of it in my purse, thank you.

I don't need to read it to know that all your posts are purposely oblique bullshit.

Prof.Lunaphile

Platinum Member
Reaction score

It is Unconstitutional for the federal government to tell any private companies who to censor.
Where is your confirmed reference to such a violation?

From the apparent evidence, it appears that the law applies to Democrats differently than the Republicans. The government is improperly organized and that means that things will get screwy. I am having a lot of difficulty explaining this because everyone thinks the founders were absolutely brilliant and any mistakes in the Constitution can be fixed with amendments. I'll bet you think that way - don't you?

Last edited:

sparky

Platinum Member
Reaction score
1664573550085.png

~S~

occupied

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I carry a copy of it in my purse, thank you.

I don't need to read it to know that all your posts are purposely oblique bullshit.
One of the great misunderstandings about the first amendment is that It does not grant you any specific rights nor does it apply to anyone other than congress. The writers of the constitution considered speech to a natural right. That means you take responsibility for your words. It does not protect malicious or dangerous speech from government push back nor does it apply at all to social media companies.

OhPleaseJustQuit

Diamond Member
Reaction score
One of the great misunderstandings about the first amendment is that It does not grant you any specific rights nor does it apply to anyone other than congress. The writers of the constitution considered speech to a natural right. That means you take responsibility for your words. It does not protect malicious or dangerous speech from government push back nor does it apply at all to social media companies.
But it sure does allow you to talk forever.

dblack

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Of course it is. Do you have any proof that this happened? Have any companies complained that they were bullied by the government?

OhPleaseJustQuit

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I say what's on my mind and then I listen. I'm listening for any indication that you now have a better understanding of the topic at hand.
But it sure does allow you to talk forever.

OhPleaseJustQuit

Diamond Member
Reaction score
OP
ColonelAngus

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Working around the Constitution to censor citizens is not ok.

occupied

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Working around the Constitution to censor citizens is not ok.
And yet somehow all the Trumpbots are able to get in lockstep on any issue within minutes. Where's all this censorship that's so inhibiting the ability to of right wingers to communicate their ideas? No what you want is to not be held responsible for the things you say and for there not to be any official push back on dangerous bullshit.

OP
ColonelAngus

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Have you ever read the first amendment? Who does it apply to?

You would have been fine with Trump censoring Steele Dossier news.

Interesting.

According to you, its fine.

Admiral Rockwell Tory

Diamond Member
Reaction score

First Amendment​

A government agency providing who the private social media companies should censor violates the freedom of speech of the the person using social media. If it was the company alone, no problem as they are not the government.

OhPleaseJustQuit

Diamond Member
Reaction score
And yet somehow all the Trumpbots are able to get in lockstep on any issue within minutes. Where's all this censorship that's so inhibiting the ability to of right wingers to communicate their ideas? No what you want is to not be held responsible for the things you say and for there not to be any official push back on dangerous bullshit.
Damn! Somebody pushed its button again!

💲 Amazon Deals 💲

Forum List