Why do you want us bankrupt?

We Are bankrupt. We need revenue, and tariffs.

We agree that our gov't needs more revenue.

As tariff rates have been cut over the years the amount of tariff revenue has soared. Before '03 revenue was falling and it increased since the '03 cuts. Fortunately we're not bankrupt, unless your 'we' excludes most Americans and their government.

The insane opposition to cutting spending can only mean one thing. You guys want us bankrupt. Why? What on earth do you gain when the government has no money and can't pay our bills?

Or is someone honestly going to claim that we aren't spending ourselves into irrelevancy? Is there anyone who doesn't think our debt is a problem?

Dubya had to borrow money from Communist China to fund the invasion of Iraq. We have been broke and spending ourselves into irrelevancy for years. Why just now, is this such an issue for you?

Boooooooooooooooooossssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Dubya had to borrow money from Communist China to fund the invasion of Iraq. We have been broke and spending ourselves into irrelevancy for years. Why just now, is this such an issue for you?

In other words;

VaYank; I don't give a fuck cuz evul Bush did it!! The fact that BIG O has out spent Bush, already don't mean a fukkin thing to me cuz he's black and has a (D) at the end of his name!

Let me guess, you're a Tea Bagger? No, try again. Thanks for your inane assumptions on who I support and why. Now, back to the topic at hand. Obama, while going to extremes, has at least spent my tax dollars on THIS country. not true, there has been no cuts to foreign aide.Dubya, on the other hand spent my tax dollars blowing the shit out of, and then helping to rebuild OTHER countries. ohh, Lybia comes to mind. I personally, have a problem with this. And yes, BUSH did it.

Wow, you were wrong for most of that thread. Going for a new record or keeping your average up?

Non-sense. Complete and utter non-sense.

fyi; Most, to the point it would probably get rounded up to 100% of us have or had grandmas

If the OP lied. Please tell me why the dems fought tooth and nail, used propaganda on you to the point you actually think we don't give a fuck about granny and kids, to drag a moderate cut of $100 Billion down to a pittance of $38Billion and still say that the GOP wants granny working at the Solent Green factory.

Do you really not know where the talking point is drawn from?

I said it in my post that you didn't address. The talking point is hyperbole but it's grounded in a pretty uncertain reality.

Ryan's plan doesn't address two things regarding the Elderly's care:

1.) what happens when the vouchers run out?
2.) what happens if, like in the past, insurers don't want to cover the Risk of the elderly?

Michael Steele was asked to address these issues, he said "we don't know yet," however, the proposal is written without "knowing yet," hence the birth of the hyperbolic talking point somewhat grounded in reality.

Non-sense.

The "Consevatives hate grandmothers and children" mantra started when the House GOP put for $100B in cuts.

Don't tell me it didn't, I was watching.

I addressed Ryans plan. I said it's DOA. If the dems can't cut $100B, they won't ever bother to consider Ryans $4Trillion in cuts, or even chop it up.

WEll his plan stil says what it says so...why the inane plan?

We Are bankrupt. We need revenue, and tariffs.

We agree that our gov't needs more revenue.

As tariff rates have been cut over the years the amount of tariff revenue has soared. Before '03 revenue was falling and it increased since the '03 cuts. Fortunately we're not bankrupt, unless your 'we' excludes most Americans and their government.

Colossally stupid.

Oh....and let us not forget that WONDERFUL Medicare part D that Bush implemented, that our grandchildren will be paying for...

UH OHH

Da Evul BOOSH is spending money to keep granny on her meds?

I thought we were trying to kill granny?

I'm so cunfuzed.

FYI; It's a seperate plan that granny has to pay a premium on [supported by state and local government :eusa_shhh:]

In other words;

VaYank; I don't give a fuck cuz evul Bush did it!! The fact that BIG O has out spent Bush, already don't mean a fukkin thing to me cuz he's black and has a (D) at the end of his name!

Let me guess, you're a Tea Bagger? No, try again. Thanks for your inane assumptions on who I support and why. Now, back to the topic at hand. Obama, while going to extremes, has at least spent my tax dollars on THIS country. not true, there has been no cuts to foreign aide.Dubya, on the other hand spent my tax dollars blowing the shit out of, and then helping to rebuild OTHER countries. ohh, Lybia comes to mind. I personally, have a problem with this. And yes, BUSH did it.

Wow, you were wrong for most of that thread. Going for a new record or keeping your average up?

Thank you for at least not denying where Bush sepent my money and why it was not in our best interest to spend it there.

I said it in my post that you didn't address. The talking point is hyperbole but it's grounded in a pretty uncertain reality.

2.) what happens if, like in the past, insurers don't want to cover the Risk of the elderly?

Michael Steele was asked to address these issues, he said "we don't know yet," however, the proposal is written without "knowing yet," hence the birth of the hyperbolic talking point somewhat grounded in reality.
So the answer is to not do anything and we can ALL eat catfood??

:clap2:

I'm sorry, do you see an "if-so" in my post? Way to further the hyperbole.
You answered uncertain reality with uncertain reality.
I was merely throwing in with you.

The main point so many are overlooking is that there, at least, a proposal on the table from Republicans AND Democrats.
In answer, the Democrats hit the stumps with fear-mongering and double speak rather than addressing the party across the aisle to work on a resolution.
To reign this pink elephant in both parties are going to have to sacrifice their sacred cows.
The repubs = defense spending
The demos = social programs
Tax cuts, alone, won't solve a damned thing.

We cannot SPEND our way out of the HC crises, folks.

The money money we throw at the system the more expensive HC will become.

Supply and demand, know what I mean?

That $300 dollar screwdriver I mentioned; Was made of bronze and we were required to have it just incase we needed to remove either of 2 cards in one unit in a 12 unit system.
Guess how many times I had to replace one of those cards. :eusa_angel:

Were you a Navy man? I know in the Navy it's standard policy to lug around loads of extra crap on the boat because if you did need that screwdriver in the middle of the Pacific, it's not like you can head out to the local Home Depot for one.

I typically don't have an issue with a military grade "X" costing more than a civilian one due to the fact that the part has to work 100% of the time under extreme conditions or someone is going to die. I know that the screwdrivers in my house aren't likely to ever have to stand up to conditions like that.

I do have an issue when you get your hands on military grade equipment that's actually inferior to civilian stuff. But that's been pretty rare in my (very limited) experience.

Note: I did not serve. The post above reflects conversations with family and friends that did and examining some of the military issue things they'd since purchased from surprlus or had from time served. Most of the time that's high quality stuff.

Don't get me wrong. The tools we used were high end. Many were usable only on certain gear b/c the shape was different.

We had a box of allen wrenches and a box of 5 sided ones b/c we hade a single system that had 5 sided allen bolts.

Why was it like that? to jack up the price and bring in money hoping we would lose wrenches.

Not all of our stuff was like that. Just enogh to make our tool bags heavy and fill our selves with testing gear that got used never.

Oh....and let us not forget that WONDERFUL Medicare part D that Bush implemented, that our grandchildren will be paying for...

UH OHH

I'm so cunfuzed.

FYI; It's a seperate plan that granny has to pay a premium on [supported by state and local government :eusa_shhh:]

Initially, the net cost of the program was projected at $400 billion for the ten-year period between 2004 and 2013. One month after passage, the administration estimated that the net cost of the program over the period between 2006 (the first year the program started paying benefits) and 2015 would be $534 billion.[19] As of February 2009, the projected net cost of the program over the 2006 to 2015 period was $549.2 billion.

So....who is paying the $549 BILLION? Granny?

The insane opposition to cutting spending can only mean one thing. You guys want us bankrupt. Why? What on earth do you gain when the government has no money and can't pay our bills?

Or is someone honestly going to claim that we aren't spending ourselves into irrelevancy? Is there anyone who doesn't think our debt is a problem?

Ok so you were presented with a solid question....why are you so opposed to spending cuts?

We all know that if we dont cut spending and raise revenue this whole thing we call the US government is going to go bankrupt and in the end all of us will be screwed regardless of party.

How is "Bush added to the debt" a legitimate answer?

dont be a hack.

BTW a little debt info for you since you want to use Bush

Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

1/29/2001 national debt was 5.73 trillion
1/28/2009 natoinal debt was 10.63 trillion

Bush added 4.9 trillion over 8 years or 0.63 trillion/year or 34% of the total national debt

1/29/2009 national debt was 10.63 trillion
1/29/2011 natoinal debt was 14.06 trillion

Obama added 3.4 trillion over 2 years or 1.72 trillion/year or 24% of the national debt.

:eusa_whistle:

Non-sense.

The "Consevatives hate grandmothers and children" mantra started when the House GOP put for $100B in cuts.

I addressed Ryans plan. I said it's DOA. If the dems can't cut $100B, they won't ever bother to consider Ryans $4Trillion in cuts, or even chop it up.

Well, I've made it clear I haven't read it. So I'll go with what "I think".

House GOP; Let's cut $100 Billion
DNC; the GOP want to kill old people and children, we'll cut $6 Billion
Cons; that fukkin comical and has no basis in reality
DNC; the cons want to kill old people and kids.
Cons to House GOP; We need to cut something, the dims don't give a fuck about the country as a whole.
House GOP <> DNC; diker, dicker, dicker, the cons want to kill granny and the kids by shutting down the government!, dicker, dicker, dicker. $38 B in cuts. [A complete waste of time]

Ryan; well shit, if the dems are just going to cut 62% our of any plan we put for, lets put forth a mega plan. Maybe we will still end up with some serious cuts. Cuz if we keep doing what we are doing we are gonig to keep getting what we got.

Dems; Ryan wants to kill granny by beating her to death with children!!

Now, explain to me why the DNC wants to crush the economy under a mountain of debt when the public is begging them to go the other way.

Thank you for at least not denying where Bush sepent my money and why it was not in our best interest to spend it there.

Your welcome.

We have no business fighting for other peoples right to vote.

If we were asked by people, that wanted freedom, actual freedom. I'd say we should support them. But as far as nation building goes... That's a collosal waste, that is resented by many of the locals.

Non-sense.

Cons to House GOP; We need to cut something, the dims don't give a fuck about the country as a whole.
House GOP <> DNC; diker, dicker, dicker, the cons want to kill granny and the kids by shutting down the government!, dicker, dicker, dicker. $38 B in cuts. [A complete waste of time]

Ryan; well shit, if the dems are just going to cut 62% our of any plan we put for, lets put forth a mega plan. Maybe we will still end up with some serious cuts. Cuz if we keep doing what we are doing we are gonig to keep getting what we got.

Now, explain to me why the DNC wants to crush the economy under a mountain of debt when the public is begging them to go the other way.

I see you view the entire thing 1-sided.

And as I said, it would appear as though Ryan's budget does not address care for the elderly, and so the "talking point" stands up vs. his bill, specifically, at least.

We cannot SPEND our way out of the HC crises, folks.

The money money we throw at the system the more expensive HC will become.

Supply and demand, know what I mean?

And THAT'S why it's nearly impossible to pay your way through college.

No matter what the tuition is, Bid Daddy Fed will pay 1/2 in grants and loan you the rest.

2961175776_b341ca0fc5.jpg

You minorities are always lookin' for some kind o' special-treatment!!

:eusa_hand:

April 20, 2011

"Despite growing concerns about the country’s long-term fiscal problems and an intensifying debate in Washington about how to deal with them, Americans strongly oppose some of the major remedies under consideration, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll.

The survey finds that Americans prefer to keep Medicare just the way it is. Most also oppose cuts in Medicaid and the defense budget. More than half say they are against small, across-the-board tax increases combined with modest reductions in Medicare and Social Security benefits.

Only President Obama’s call to raise tax rates on the wealthie$t American$ enjoys solid support."

UH OHH

I'm so cunfuzed.

Initially, the net cost of the program was projected at $400 billion for the ten-year period between 2004 and 2013. One month after passage, the administration estimated that the net cost of the program over the period between 2006 (the first year the program started paying benefits) and 2015 would be $534 billion.[19] As of February 2009, the projected net cost of the program over the 2006 to 2015 period was $549.2 billion.

So....who is paying the $549 BILLION? Granny?

Did you miss that part?

Or do you think there is no premium?

Or did you think I thought it didn't add to our debt?

I see you view the entire thing 1-sided.

And as I said, it would appear as though Ryan's budget does not address care for the elderly, and so the "talking point" stands up vs. his bill, specifically, at least.

Ok

why do you want to destroy everything else? The dems plan on not cutting anything, thus making the debt larger and larger to the point our economy actually does collapse.

When that happens, there wil be no money for the government to care for granny.

Why do you and the dems want to kill granny and the country?

wanna get stoopid, lets get stewpud.

Forum List

Back