Why do they resist, to the point of getting shot?

task0778

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2017
Texas hill country
I've been wondering about this for some time now, before the latest police shootings in Louisiana and Wisconsin. In both cases, and many others where a black person is shot by the police, the victim does not surrender. He doesn't do as he's told; he struggles, he tries to walk away and most of the time he does something that could be perceived as a threat to the officer or someone else and subsequently gets shot. We've seen the same scenario play out over and over, which leads to the obvious question: why doesn't the black guy give up? If he puts his hands up and allows himself to be cuffed and put into the police cruiser, then that's it, nobody gets shot and the justice system takes over.

Hence, the question in the thread title, why do they resist to the point of getting shot? They know the cops will shoot, so why give them a reason? It's probably a little different in each individual case, maybe some are on drugs or drunk, some are out on parole and don't want to go back to prison, and maybe some are suicidal. But for some reason they don't surrender and by making that decision they put themselves, the police officers, and bystanders at risk. Maybe at that point they are so desperate to get away that they lose the ability to think reasonably; I say that because it's very rare to see somebody get away from a situation where you have cops with weapons drawn and pointed at you, and then somehow escape.

Why? Because the tighter the state tightens its grip on the populace to make them subjugated the more they lose control....I do believe we had a revolution a couple of hundred years ago over authoritarianism..These trigger happy assassins of the state like to kill they can't think 0f another way to kill er control an unarmed human..

Why? Because the tighter the state tightens its grip on the populace to make them subjugated the more they lose control....I do believe we had a revolution a couple of hundred years ago over authoritarianism..These trigger happy assassins of the state like to kill they can't think 0f another way to kill er control an unarmed human..
Out of curiosity, in what way is it that you've observed the state tightening its grip on the populace?

I've been wondering about this for some time now, before the latest police shootings in Louisiana and Wisconsin. In both cases, and many others where a black person is shot by the police, the victim does not surrender. He doesn't do as he's told; he struggles, he tries to walk away and most of the time he does something that could be perceived as a threat to the officer or someone else and subsequently gets shot. We've seen the same scenario play out over and over, which leads to the obvious question: why doesn't the black guy give up? If he puts his hands up and allows himself to be cuffed and put into the police cruiser, then that's it, nobody gets shot and the justice system takes over.

Hence, the question in the thread title, why do they resist to the point of getting shot? They know the cops will shoot, so why give them a reason? It's probably a little different in each individual case, maybe some are on drugs or drunk, some are out on parole and don't want to go back to prison, and maybe some are suicidal. But for some reason they don't surrender and by making that decision they put themselves, the police officers, and bystanders at risk. Maybe at that point they are so desperate to get away that they lose the ability to think reasonably; I say that because it's very rare to see somebody get away from a situation where you have cops with weapons drawn and pointed at you, and then somehow escape.

" I say that because it's very rare to see somebody get away from a situation where you have cops with weapons drawn and pointed at you, and then somehow escape. "

tell THAT to CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIAN WACKO cliven bundy and his right wing murderous gun wielding followers who AIMED GUNS at police and walked away without any punishment at all!

THEY resisted and laughed to tell about it

You should have paid more attention over the decades then.

if that were true we would see thousands of rioters dead in the street daily,,

your lies cant refute that fact,,,

example:

let's say you are a right wing lunatic.....

you are walking down the street.......shooting gays and liberals (for fun! and because you are DEFENDING America from COMMIES!)

all of a sudden LIBERAL DEMOCRATIC GOVERNMENT GOONS AND THUGS approach you and ask you, politely, if you would please stop killing people....

they want to deny YOU your god given right to
a. MAGA
and
b. kill gods enemies!

do you resist?
or are you a sheep.....?

Most likely they do this because they're stupid and have low I.Q.'s. That would be MY guess.

Amazing that in your entire adult life......

You have never, even once, encountered a good cop. Or at least that's how you portray it.

You have never, even once, encountered a good cop. Or at least that's how you portray it.
If the shoe fits wear it...

I think the media has lied to blacks and convinced them whites (and especially Police) are all evil racists and will kill them in any encounter.
Also, the media has convinced many blacks that they are not obligated to cooperate with Police.
Like the abortions they love that eliminates black babies, this causes adult blacks to self eliminate (win win for them)....with the icing being that they can blame it all on the cops and perpetuate the cycle.

If the shoe fits wear it...

It doesn't fit.
While I have encountered a few corrupt cops in my life, most have been good people just doing their jobs.

There are indeed "some" who need to be filtered out.
But remember that Police have VERY stressful jobs and deal with the scum of society daily.

Perhaps someone who spent much of their lives in prison would dislike all cops?

he must have been the criminal in all those cases,,,

he must have been the criminal in all those cases,,,

Beginning to think maybe so

example:

let's say you are a right wing lunatic.....

you are walking down the street.......shooting gays and liberals (for fun! and because you are DEFENDING America from COMMIES!)

all of a sudden LIBERAL DEMOCRATIC GOVERNMENT GOONS AND THUGS approach you and ask you, politely, if you would please stop killing people....

they want to deny YOU your god given right to
a. MAGA
and
b. kill gods enemies!

do you resist?
or are you a sheep.....?
LMFAO! A right winger walking down the street shooting gays and liberals?

Do you consciously understand how hysterically hyperbolic you're being, or do you actually live in a politically charged, paranoid delusion?

To criminals, leftists, dopies,etc all cops are bad.

It's the mindset.. but the moment the shit hits the fan the assholes call 911.

Mind boggling

Forum List

Back