Why do the Koch brothers want to end public education?

OMG I think TruthMatters and BDPOOP ( no not a spelling error in her name:) ) does google all day just to post threads!!

God, you guys are always good for a laugh. I continue to educate myself and remain aware, and you (speaking out your ignorant ass, as always) fault me for it.

Too funny. :lol:

Educate yourself? Remain aware? You watched a bunch of idiots bitch on YouTube, and then couldn't even post an opinion about it other than "I hate the targets I've been told to hate".

You're right. That IS too funny.

Just watch" waiting for superman" and see how ( at least Tenure teachers act) Sometimes you can get more of an education by having your kids learn on an online school!!

PA offers online K-12 now.

I'd opt for it except I don't want by kids to lose thier social skills that come from being around others.

So enroll them in Scouting, or some other sort of extra-curricular activity.

Honestly, school is the only time in a person's life when they socialize with people with whom they have nothing whatsoever in common except age. I never saw much practical value to it, even aside from the fact that one is not supposed to be socializing in a classroom, anyway.

If unions are the problem with our education system, why is South Carolina at the bottom of the US education rankings? They are a non union state.

If unions were the problem with our education system, Vermont would not be at the top of the US rankings and Finland, which has 100% union participation, would not be at the top of the world rankings.

Sorry "conservatives", it ain't the unions.

Here's a source that ranks overall student K12 achievement for highly unionized washington DC at 46 out of 50, and California, whose teachers' unions are among the most powerful unions in this country, ranked 49 out of 50.

http://www.edweek.org/media/ew/qc/2011/QualityCounts2011_PressRelease.pdf

Sorry, your assertion fails.

Last edited:
If unions are the problem with our education system, why is South Carolina at the bottom of the US education rankings? They are a non union state.

If unions were the problem with our education system, Vermont would not be at the top of the US rankings and Finland, which has 100% union participation, would not be at the top of the world rankings.

Here's a source that ranks overall student K12 achievement for highly unionized washington DC at 46 out of 50, and California, whose teachers' unions are among the most powerful unions in this country, ranked 49 out of 50.

No actually, it doesn't. I'm saying it's not the unions and your link did nothing to prove it is. The top states on your list are union states.

Tyrants and tryant wannbes like Koch do not like an educated public.

This is not obvious?

They focus on dismantling public education because the teachers unions in public schools typically vote to support candidates that people like Koch fear.

These people HATE anything remotely democratic.

Democracies demand an educated public to function well.

Again, this is not obvious to all of us?

Thank you. I've been getting information by PM as well so I can form a complete picture of what's going on here.

No actually, it doesn't. I'm saying it's not the unions and your link did nothing to prove it is. The top states on your list are union states.

The bottom ones on the list are unioin states too. You offer evidence that unions have nothing to do with the failure, then discount equivalent evidence that shows they do. Uhhhhh, OK! :D

The bottom ones on the list are unioin states too. You offer evidence that unions have nothing to do with the failure, then discount equivalent evidence that shows they do. Uhhhhh, OK! :D

If non union states are at the top and bottom as well as union states, that leaves a logically thinking person to conclude that it isn't the unions.

And crappy teachers protected by corrupt unions.

Define a crappy teacher.

Can ANYONE define a crappy teacher for us?

Very simply put, a crappy teacher is one that thinks they have a day job instead of a mission to embrace young minds and take them on a journey where no one else can.

I'll give you my version of an awesome teacher. They are out there and bless their souls, I had them.

Miss Jewel. World History Grade 10. She knew that the Napoleonic wars were boring as all get out so to spice it up she made us all wear period costumes in the class.

I got to play Josephine at one point :lol: Then she had us dress up for battle. I loved history classes.

Seriously, this woman was a genius. She made history come alive. And that was without all the tools teachers have at their disposal today. There was no internet. No tv in the classroom.

This was all from her mind.

We loved her to death and looked forward to going to her classes.

Now that's a teacher!!!:clap2:

Oh and definition of a crappy teacher. I can't remember her name but I can see her face. Whoa geeze and boy oh boy can I see her face.

Grade 3. She had taken the month of September to confiscate bubble gum from all of us chewing it.
What we didn't know is that she had kept all our bubble gum in a giant mason jar.

I was the unlucky soul caught chewing bazooka bubble gum on October 1st. She brings out this mason jar and asks me how much do I like chewing gum in her class.

This is a ruh roh moment of a lifetime. For my punishment for chewing dubble bubble, she takes out the giant wad of gum from the mason jar and makes me chew it with the gum already in my mouth.

The humiliation was beyond. Not the gum. Not the gum chewing. It's what that bitch did to me.

Yuppers, I think she fits the bill of a crappy teacher.

Did anybody watch the video. Anybody. Bueller?

Did anybody give a rat's ass what mindless twaddle you managed to find on YouTube to get yourself worked up about?

::listens to the sound of crickets::

That's what I thought.

Like I think you leftist dipshits know anything about the Koch brothers, anyway. They're just the most handy rich Republicans you could find to divert attention away from George Soros.

I know that their Daddy was one of the founding members of the John Birch Society, an anti-civil rights group in the 60's, and they are taking up where their father left off.

:lol:

Well then please take a moment out and look at your left foot because you just shot yourself in it.

By your logic by this post Obama must be a communist loving anti civil society individual.

You know. Taking up where his father left off. Oh and Obama must love polygamy as much as his dad did.

Define a crappy teacher.

Can ANYONE define a crappy teacher for us?

Very simply put, a crappy teacher is one that thinks they have a day job instead of a mission to embrace young minds and take them on a journey where no one else can.

I'll give you my version of an awesome teacher. They are out there and bless their souls, I had them.

Miss Jewel. World History Grade 10. She knew that the Napoleonic wars were boring as all get out so to spice it up she made us all wear period costumes in the class.

I got to play Josephine at one point :lol: Then she had us dress up for battle. I loved history classes.

Seriously, this woman was a genius. She made history come alive. And that was without all the tools teachers have at their disposal today. There was no internet. No tv in the classroom.

This was all from her mind.

We loved her to death and looked forward to going to her classes.

Now that's a teacher!!!:clap2:

That sounds like a great class....now the teachers I know used to have great lessons like that but they had to dump them in order to follow the district directed calendar to make sure everything was covered before testing in early May....even tho school doesn't end til mid-June. Wouldn't surprise me if the district allows one-two lecture days to cover the Napoleonic period now. I know the U.S. Civil War needs to be covered from causes to Reconstruction in 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Tyrants and tryant wannbes like Koch do not like an educated public.

This is not obvious?

They focus on dismantling public education because the teachers unions in public schools typically vote to support candidates that people like Koch fear.

These people HATE anything remotely democratic.

Democracies demand an educated public to function well.

Again, this is not obvious to all of us?

Thank you. I've been getting information by PM as well so I can form a complete picture of what's going on here.

Oh, good. You've been getting information from people who are stupid enough to want to be in contact with you personally and directly. THAT should work out well. :eusa_hand:

education is what helped make this country great.

killing education will make us a third world country

People like you will make us a third world country. That is the goal of 'wealth redistribution'.

Finally we can agree on something. Wealth redistribution from the middle class to the top 1% has certainly made us closer to a "Third World Country". Republicans are actually proud their policies have worked so well.

If non union states are at the top and bottom as well as union states, that leaves a logically thinking person to conclude that it isn't the unions.

Nooooooo....... because a logically thinking person would look at more than just such simple-minded correlations - eg, the TIMSS tests, which regularly show the US low in performance in math and science compared to other industrial countries.

education is what helped make this country great.

killing education will make us a third world country

People like you will make us a third world country. That is the goal of 'wealth redistribution'.

Finally we can agree on something. Wealth redistribution from the middle class to the top 1% has certainly made us closer to a "Third World Country". Republicans are actually proud their policies have worked so well.

A leftwinger's dimwitted non-grasp of economics in only maxist class warfare terms is always good for a laugh. :lol:

Did anybody watch the video. Anybody. Bueller?

Did anybody give a rat's ass what mindless twaddle you managed to find on YouTube to get yourself worked up about?

That's what I thought.

Like I think you leftist dipshits know anything about the Koch brothers, anyway. They're just the most handy rich Republicans you could find to divert attention away from George Soros.

I know that their Daddy was one of the founding members of the John Birch Society, an anti-civil rights group in the 60's, and they are taking up where their father left off.

And which left-wing blog do you "know" that from?

And the whining continues. Christ! Man up, you two. Strap on a pair.

Like their Tea Party group Americans for Prosperity, the Kochs are changing the subject rather than trying to rebut our video point-for-point. And now Americans for Prosperity has told journalists that there's pending litigation against us. These reporters were also told there could be litigation against them too if they continue writing about us.

What are the Kochs so defensive about? Our video doesn't say they broke any laws. The press reports about the Koch brothers' influence in Wake County doesn't report that either, although this photo is worth 1,000 words.

What is accurately and comprehensively reported in our video, and elsewhere, is how the Kochs' wealth laid the groundwork for a school board majority that favored policies which would spark 21st century segregation.

Now the Kochs are retreating from what they've done through their national foundations, local groups, think tanks and more. They put in a lot of time and millions of dollars into this machine. What are they ashamed of? Are they now going to recant their association with Jim Crow?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-greenwald/are-the-koch-brothers-afr_b_932001.html

That's what I thought.

And which left-wing blog do you "know" that from?
John Birch Society - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Origins
The society was established in Indianapolis, Indiana, on December 9, 1958, by a group of 12 led by Robert Welch, Jr., a retired candy manufacturer from Belmont, Massachusetts. Welch named the new organization after John Birch, an American Baptist missionary and U.S. military intelligence officer who was killed by communist forces in China in August 1945, shortly after the conclusion of World War II. Welch claimed that Birch was an unknown but dedicated anti-communist,[6] and the first American casualty, Welch contended, of the Cold War.
One of the founding members[21][22][23] was Fred Koch,[24] founder of Koch Industries, one of the largest private corporations in America.[25

Forum List

Back