Why do the Koch brothers want to end public education?

I too love the comparison of public education to "nazi indoctrination camps." My kids survived their education without being indoctrinated. Another extremist wacko position. They said the pledge every morning and were proud of it. Heck I could care less about the pledge.

That's what every brainwashed tool says.

I pay for my grandkids to go to private school. Public schools in Arizona suck. The Kochs want to push their conservative agenda into schools, the same as politicians here in Arizona.

Leftwingers are the ones who have actually succeeded in pushing their political agenda into schools.

The funny thing is that the right can only find ONE problem with something as complex as the public school system. Teachers! Thats some deep thinking right there.

sad

Yeah. Imagine if a farm turned out rotten crops, and someone tried to blame the FARMER! There's just no justice, i tell ya. :D

Why do the Koch brothers want to end public education?
It's very simple!!​

"Since a spoiled child finds that all his needs are met without question he expects life to treat him the same when he becomes an adult."

The Maturity-Free Lifestyle

13020482224P2DxC.jpg

Last edited:
But thats what most people judge teachers by. Test scores. Too bad most people cant see through this. I shall also add that if you are going to judge by the test scores should teachers not have the right to teach to the test? I mean if I am being judged by the number of cars I sell then should I not be trying to sell the most cars? If I am being judged by test scores then should I not be teaching SOLELY to the test? SAME EXACT SCENARIOS.

Without testing, how do you know if students are learning anything?

The answer is: you don't. That's why the defenders of the government education boondoggle hate tests.

I would really like to know how you numskulls intend to evaulate teacher performance without student testing.

The funny thing is that the right can only find ONE problem with something as complex as the public school system. Teachers! Thats some deep thinking right there.

sad

Yeah. Imagine if a farm turned out rotten crops, and someone tried to blame the FARMER! There's just no justice, i tell ya. :D

as opposed to the hail storm that blew through and smashed them to smithereens... or the drought that caused them to wilt, or......

Yeah... I guess it's just easier to blame the farmer.

If unions are the problem with our education system, why is South Carolina at the bottom of the US education rankings? They are a non union state.

If unions were the problem with our education system, Vermont would not be at the top of the US rankings and Finland, which has 100% union participation, would not be at the top of the world rankings.

Sorry "conservatives", it ain't the unions.

If unions are the problem with our education system, why is South Carolina at the bottom of the US education rankings? They are a non union state.

If unions were the problem with our education system, Vermont would not be at the top of the US rankings and Finland, which has 100% union participation, would not be at the top of the world rankings.

Where are you seeing South Carolina at the bottom ? I always figured it would be Washington, D.C. - you know, our nation's capitol. Probably the WORST public school system in America. One would think these schools would be the "shining star" example for places like South Carolina to follow, as an example.

Source please ?

Where are you seeing South Carolina at the bottom ? I always figured it would be Washington, D.C. - you know, our nation's capitol. Probably the WORST public school system in America. One would think these schools would be the "shining star" example for places like South Carolina to follow, as an example.

Source please ?

Student Performance

1. Vermont
2. Massachusetts
3. Florida
4. New Hampshire
5. New York

Bottom
51. South Carolina
50. West Virginia
49. Michigan
48. New Mexico
47. Louisiana

State Education Ranking Shows Vermont #1, South Carolina Last

Tyrants and tryant wannbes like Koch do not like an educated public.

This is not obvious?

They focus on dismantling public education because the teachers unions in public schools typically vote to support candidates that people like Koch fear.

These people HATE anything remotely democratic.

Democracies demand an educated public to function well.

Again, this is not obvious to all of us?

Last edited:

Source please ?

Student Performance

1. Vermont
2. Massachusetts
3. Florida
4. New Hampshire
5. New York

Bottom
51. South Carolina
50. West Virginia
49. Michigan
48. New Mexico
47. Louisiana

S.C. is in the top ranking for grades, according to your link.
Why did you fail to mention that ?

But thats what most people judge teachers by. Test scores. Too bad most people cant see through this. I shall also add that if you are going to judge by the test scores should teachers not have the right to teach to the test? I mean if I am being judged by the number of cars I sell then should I not be trying to sell the most cars? If I am being judged by test scores then should I not be teaching SOLELY to the test? SAME EXACT SCENARIOS.

Without testing, how do you know if students are learning anything?

The answer is: you don't. That's why the defenders of the government education boondoggle hate tests.

I would really like to know how you numskulls intend to evaulate teacher performance without student testing.

I dont' think most of us have objections to testing...but what we see now, is some form of standardized testing that all must take (one size fits all), that does NOT count for a grade (kids have no buy in to do well), and is it a true measurement or just a feel good measure?

New York's Regents is the way to go, IMO....they've been around for at least 60 years...the test changes every year and IT COUNTS.

Source please ?

Student Performance

1. Vermont
2. Massachusetts
3. Florida
4. New Hampshire
5. New York

Bottom
51. South Carolina
50. West Virginia
49. Michigan
48. New Mexico
47. Louisiana

S.C. is in the top ranking for grades, according to your link.
Why did you fail to mention that ?

So... grades equal performance? Heck, there are illiterate Football players have college degrees... doesn't mean they can read.

Did anybody watch the video. Anybody. Bueller?

Did anybody give a rat's ass what mindless twaddle you managed to find on YouTube to get yourself worked up about?

::listens to the sound of crickets::

That's what I thought.

Like I think you leftist dipshits know anything about the Koch brothers, anyway. They're just the most handy rich Republicans you could find to divert attention away from George Soros.

Did anybody watch the video. Anybody. Bueller?

Did anybody give a rat's ass what mindless twaddle you managed to find on YouTube to get yourself worked up about?

::listens to the sound of crickets::

That's what I thought.

Like I think you leftist dipshits know anything about the Koch brothers, anyway. They're just the most handy rich Republicans you could find to divert attention away from George Soros.

I know that their Daddy was one of the founding members of the John Birch Society, an anti-civil rights group in the 60's, and they are taking up where their father left off.

Forum List

Back