Why do so many modern people dress as if they are fixing their car?

I like the Romani, they don't give in or be bought out easily by corrupt societies.
That is why Hitler did not like them, they were not swayed by patriotic propaganda.
{...
The Romani (also spelled Romany or Rromani /ˈroʊməni/, /ˈrɒ-/), colloquially known as the Roma, are an Indo-Aryan ethnic group, traditionally nomadic itinerants. They live in Europe and Anatolia, and have diaspora populations located worldwide, with significant concentrations in the Americas.

In the English language, the Romani people are widely known by the exonym Gypsies (or Gipsies),[67] which is considered pejorative by Romani people due to its connotations of illegality and irregularity as well as its historical use as a racial slur.[68][69][70] For cognates of the word in many other languages (e.g., French: Tzigane, Spanish: gitano, Italian: zingaro, Portuguese: cigano, Romanian: țigan and German: Zigeuner) this perception is either very small or non-existent.[71][72] At the first World Romani Congress in 1971, its attendees unanimously voted to reject the use of all exonyms for the Romani people, including Gypsy, due to their aforementioned negative and stereotypical connotations.[69]

Linguistic and genetic evidence suggests that the Roma originated in the northern regions of the Indian subcontinent; in particular, the Rajasthan, Haryana, and Punjab regions of modern-day India.[73][74][75] They are dispersed, but their most concentrated populations are located in Europe, especially Central, Eastern and Southern Europe (including Southern France), as well as Western Asia (mainly Turkey). The Romani people arrived in West Asia and Europe around the 14th century.[76]

Since the 19th century, some Romani people have also migrated to the Americas. There are an estimated one million Roma in the United States[6] and 800,000 in Brazil, most of whose ancestors emigrated in the 19th century from Eastern Europe. Brazil also includes a notable Romani community descended from people deported by the Portuguese Empire during the Portuguese Inquisition.[77] In migrations since the late 19th century, Romani people have also moved to other countries in South America and to Canada. Though often confused with them, the Romani people are culturally different from Irish Travellers and the Yenish people, two groups who may be related to each other.[78][page needed][79]

Romani is an Indo-Aryan language with strong Balkan and Greek influence.[80] It is divided into several dialects, which together are estimated to have more than two million speakers.[81] Because it has traditionally been an oral language, many Romani people are native speakers of the dominant language in their country of residence or of mixed languages combining the dominant language with a dialect of Romani; those varieties are sometimes called Para-Romani.[82]
...}

And of course, who can forget the famous Romani, Corporal Klinger.
vo2epbdy3ybz.jpg

I had not noticed that....

I see.mostly dumbed down or designer tattoos, piercings, purple hair, LGBT pride pins, crocs, cowgirl boots, dreadlocks and cornrows (on white people too! looks even tackier than on black people!), Yacht suits that scream "I'm a pompous asshole", Yoga "pussy pants"...because it's good taste.to show your pussy lips at the grocery store and it's fun to attract low class drooling ape-men instead of conservative men with class.... And then there are the guys who wear camo 24/7/365...in the city.

But people dressed for fixing their car? Hell, they're almost a minority....and if they really WERE fixing their car they would draw no disrespect from me.

Most Americans dress like compete bums !!
America has zero culture

I had not noticed that....

I see.mostly dumbed down or designer tattoos, piercings, purple hair, LGBT pride pins, crocs, cowgirl boots, dreadlocks and cornrows (on white people too! looks even tackier than on black people!), Yacht suits that scream "I'm a pompous asshole", Yoga "pussy pants"...because it's good taste.to show your pussy lips at the grocery store and it's fun to attract low class drooling ape-men instead of conservative men with class.... And then there are the guys who wear camo 24/7/365...in the city.

But people dressed for fixing their car? Hell, they're almost a minority....and if they really WERE fixing their car they would draw no disrespect from me.
Okay, that's it.

I'm either wearing overalls commando-style. (That just means with nothing else, fucktards)

Or fucking Realtree skeeter camo mesh jumpsuit to go out in public from now on! Soaked down with 60% Deet cologne, too! So much my lips get numb!
Mask? I got a skeeter hood! Soaked with 60% Deet cologne!

'Murica! Zero worries about skeeters or gnats.

Last edited:
I’m pretty casual, but I have to admit I’m over people going grocery shopping in their pyjamas.

I’m pretty casual, but I have to admit I’m over people going grocery shopping in their pyjamas.
Wait'll you get a load of me!
Fuck! Why does it not look like what I'm talking about is available anymore?!

Fuck that shit! It's in my closet!

Full Realtree mosquito protection suit complete with skeeter-stopping hood where you have to clamp the nose thing like Fauci masks.

What makes it really good is when you soak it with Deet. :cool:

Last edited:
And that's the exact difference between casual and slovenly that I'm talking about.

And while we're at it, can we also 86 the wife beater tee and the grimy backward ball cap?

Holy shit people, at least pretend that you have a smidgen of self-esteem.

It's indicative of true slovenliness. Just becoming comfortably numb to it isn't a good thing. You could argue that clothing is just superficial and to a point that's true, but many times there are much deeper attitudes attached, and clothing choice isn't the only effect. If it was just a freak thing once in awhile I would just raise my eyebrow and move on. But it's very clear that these slovenly attitudes are becoming Chic and copied and it's not a good thing at all.

Forum List

Back