Why do so many liberal Jews support the antisemitic BDS movement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a legacy of colonial which created artificial borders and pit ethnic groups against each other. I disagree that it is “Jewish Land”, hasn’t been for thousands of years, empires come and go. I think issue is it is land claimed by two different rightful groups, and nobody can work out a just way to share it. That religion enters into makes it messier since each then views as a god given claim.

It was NEVER Jewish land.
The Hebrew tribes did not invade until around 1000 BC, and invaders who do thing like massacre all the women and children at Jericho, as Joshua was proud to do, can NEVER then be considered an owner of the land.
You can rule by being stronger, but if you murder women and children, you forfeit any rights at all.

Then also the Babylonians defeated the Jews around 750 BC and made them all leave.
The Assyrians also defeated the Jews around 625 BC and made them all leave.
The Romans brought them back around 150 BC, but then defeated them in 60 AD and 150 AD, making them leave for good.

So then no, it was never really Jewish land.

The Canaanites were different.
They were there as early as 8000 BC, and allowed dozens to settle there peacefully, like the Chaldeans, Akkadians, Phoenicians, Philistines, Urites, Amorites, Nabatians, etc.
They now all are the Palestinians, who have successfully lived together for over 10,000 years.
So clearly the land is theirs, and they earned it was well as paid for it.
The recent Zionists paid nothing and are just evil squatters and murderers.

When it comes to Jewish history, you know dog shit.
Probably also true of me. However, I think you and I can find common ground in admitting that the old school anti-semitism does still exist. It certainly is not as strong a force as it was in the 1930s. But maybe it could be again. Civilization is a thin veil.

There is no such thing as Palestinian. After WWII there was no such thing as share, it was all or nothing and the Palestinians chose nothing. There are Palestinians living in Israel and I hear none of them complaining or bitching they are second class citizens. The same thing over and over again Syria or Iran send them worthless rockets they can't wait to fire at Israel. Then when Israel has had enough and reacts the UN and the rest of the Communist condemn Israel.

Look at the protest signs they carry showing someone hanging from a noose. None believe in God. If they did they would know the Jews are God's chosen people. A couple million surrounded by a few billion practicing the gutter religion of hate, child rape, and murder. These people heads are not screwed on right.

A perfect example of the godlessness of these worthless liberals

That is just an obvious lie.
Look at the past census data going back before 1930 and going back hundreds of years.
You will see millions of Arab Molem Palestinians, and less than 5% Jews.
{...
YearJewsChristiansMuslimsTotal

...}

The Moslems were over 7 times the number of Jews.
No REAL Jews would ever say that Jews have a right to Jerusalem as "God's Chosen People" and Jerusalem being the "Promised Land".
That is just greed, and that is not what real Judaism is about.

I don’t disagree with that or with Israel’s right to defend it’s citizens from rockets. But Israel IS keeping a population under occupation, with limited rights for what seems to indefinitely while they expand settlements into those areas. That isn’t sustainable.

Rockets are a feeble attempt at stopping war crimes.
For example, the last rockets were after the Temple Mount had been illegal assaulted by hundreds of armed Zionist renegades who were beating up Moslem worshippers.
By law, no Jews are supposed to go to the Temple Mount.
There is nothing Jewish there.
It is only for Moslems.

Rockets are a feeble attempt at stopping war crimes.
For example, the last rockets were after the Temple Mount had been illegal assaulted by hundreds of armed Zionist renegades who were beating up Moslem worshippers.
By law, no Jews are supposed to go to the Temple Mount.
There is nothing Jewish there.
It is only for Moslems.
"Only some rockets", right? No real threat, right? No rocket fell on your house, I imagine.

That's because Israel has made it "Not an existential threat", via the very expensive and time-consuming defense measures it has undertaken.

You don't get to use the success of those measures as a cudgel against Israel's use of them. If Hamas had their way, they would blow up entire neighborhoods. The reason they are not doing this -- and instead are hiding and lobbing rockets for propaganda effect more than for real effect -- is because Israel has them pegged.

I agree, it isn't. And I think we agree on solid humanitarian ground, which, I have to say, pleases me to see. But I cannot accept the idea that, if they stopped the new settlements and took down the walls, the people who want to wipe Israel off the map will suddenly play nice.

As long as they maintain this stance toward Israel, the only viable "solution" is to line up the tanks and just push the Palestinians right into the Mediterranean Sea.

In the meantime, I would like to see Israel officially become a secular state and do whatever they can to assist the children of Palestinians. And some of the adults, also. Maybe, all of them. Sure, they might give some food to a terrorist. It's not as if, should they not give a terrorist a sandwich, there won't be terrorists.

Part of being a western style democracy is to protect the weak. Even if the weak hate you.

Wrong.
If the Palestinians were the genocidal ones, the Jews would never have been able to or wanted to immigrate there in the 1920s on.
It was the Arab Palestinians who allowed and even encouraged Jewish immigration, in the mistaken belief that modern Zionists were still Arabs from the Mideast and had traditional values.
But the Zionists do not.
They no longer share any culture from the Mideast, and are entirely modern, greedy, ignorant, and dishonest.
They lied when they said they wanted no part in government.
Instead they assassinated their way into control.
They are the most barbaric murders the world has ever seen.
For example, Yitzak Rabin was about the nicest and more civilized of Israeli Prime Ministers, but look what he did in 1987.
There are videos of Israeli soldiers deliberately breaking the arms and legs of Palestinian children.

{...​

Broken Bones and Broken Hopes​

When Palestinians are asked about Yitzhak Rabin, they remember a man who ordered Israeli soldiers to break their arms and legs.
Nonetheless, when asked about Rabin, Jamal does not mention that he is trapped, but rather the comments his friend made when the Oslo Accords were signed: "We don't want anything besides Gaza, the West Bank and [East] Jerusalem." In other words, says Jamal, people were full of hope, a hope he says surged since the first intifada. Inspired by this spirit of hope, he says, people believed Rabin had changed.

"I can't call him a dove, but he underwent a process of liberation from previous patterns," says Jamal. "The order he gave to break bones brought out wild craziness in the Israeli soldiers. But the decision to hold a dialogue released in Israeli society other, positive moods, and among us also, there were positive moods. Such that Yigal Amir won. The murder halted the chance there was to move forward."
...}

To expound... consider this:

The foreign interests that provide financial and material support to Palestinians and foreigners on Palestinian land who commit acts of aggression against Israel...

...where is their humanitarian aid to Palestinians? I know some exists. And I know the effective Israeli embargo is cited as a reason for shortage of aid, as well as shelling from Israel in response to attacks. But that is an overblown excuse. They can send aid to Palestinians, and they do send some, all above board and allowed by Israel. But clearly it is not enough, to make the understatement of the century. International groups have even stepped in, and still it is not even close to enough. Have you seen what living conditions are like in the Gaza Strip, since Hamas took over? Heartbreaking.

The Palestinians are being used as a human shields for foreign interests who happily "Harass Israel!" from their ivory towers, which means: watching the Palestinian and Hamas fodder pop off ineffective attacks that make the news, and then watching them get turned into paste by Israel.

So I say to the BDS movement:

Let's figure out which of you actually care about what you say you care about. Let's hear you blame the main sources of misery for Palestinians: Iran. Qatar. Turkey.

Yes, Turkey, our NATO ally. They prop up Hamas.

Let's see which of you are just in it for the anti-semitism, and which of you are not. This goes especially for any liberal out there reading this.

That is ridiculous.
Hamas is not some terrorist group that took over by force.
Hamas got democratically elected because the Israelis are slowly starving and murdering the Palestinians to death.
Are you trying to blame this on Hamas?
Every single leader of Hamas has been assassinated by Mossad.
Hamas is not in this for personal gain.
Propping up Hamas is not evil, but the only choice left.
Israel is murdering them all, slowly.
You claim "foreign interest".
What foreign interests?
Israel is just immoral, illegal, and in the process of committing genocide.
No normal person can do any different than what Hamas is doing.

I am WAY more liberal than you.
No liberal could ever begin to justify the crimes of the Zionists.

Hamas is not some terrorist group that took over by force.
I didn't state or imply that they did. But the facts of their 2 years of control are what they are. And they are a heartbreaking tale of human misery, like it or not. And Hamas is, indeed, a tendril of foreign interests. They don't have a country. They cash checks written by Turkey and Qatar.

And they are fodder. A hired company of nationless mercenaries expected to die in place of citizens of various countries. And to bear at least some of the blame for their own, deplorable acts. This is done in order to keep with the international laws and customs of the 21st century. It's all quite legal. Until we say it isn't.

Last edited:
Probably also true of me. However, I think you and I can find common ground in admitting that the old school anti-semitism does still exist. It certainly is not as strong a force as it was in the 1930s. But maybe it could be again. Civilization is a thin veil.

Nonsense.
First of all, stop the inaccurate cultural appropriations.
The word "Semitic" does not mean Jewish, it mean "of an Arab language group".
The German authors started using anti-Semitic as a code word for anti-Jew around 1890 due to the Zionist movement then.
But is does NOT mean anti-Jewish, and never has.

And then when it does come to anti-Jewish sentiment, much of it is earned and not just bigotry.
Jews should be commended for being able to keep a 3000 year old culture alive, but it is not a great culture.
It is way too narcissistic, material, arrogant, prideful, and dismissive of anyone else.
Much of the anger is deserved.
For example, why do you think Germany surrendered in WWI?
They were never defeated militarily, and were still in France.
It was because England and the US were starving the German civilians by sinking German civilian commerce, in violation of the Geneva Conventions.
And that was because Chaim Weizmann gave the British the German formula for synthetic acetone, for cordite, for torpedoes; and another Jewish spy stole the Zimmerman Letter from Berlin and gave it to the US to get the US into the war.
These Zionists did this in exchange for the Balfour Declaration, which implies England would support a Jewish Palestine.
Do you understand now why the Germans who normally were the most friendly to Jews, because the least friendly?

I could go on, but it you have any sense, you will look it up yourself.
Jews were not being picked on for some arbitrary racist reason.

"Only some rockets", right? No real threat, right? No rocket fell on your house, I imagine.

That's because Israel has made it "Not an existential threat", via the very expensive and time-consuming defense measures it has undertaken.

You don't get to use the success of those measures as a cudgel against Israel's use of them. If Hamas had their way, they would blow up entire neighborhoods. The reason they are not doing this -- and instead are hiding and lobbing rockets for propaganda effect more than for real effect -- is because Israel has them pegged.

Wrong.
In over 20 years of rocket retaliation, only about 20 people have been killed by these rockets.
In that same time, Israel has murdered about 10.000 innocent Palestinians.

And no, if the Palestinians ever wanted to harm Jews, they would have wiped them out in the 1930s, before we gave the Zionists all our left over weapons after WWII.
Clearly the Palestinians were never violent against the Zionists until AFTER the Zionists started the mass murder of Arab villages like Dier Yassin.
Look it up and learn SOMETHING about how evil and ruthless the Zionists are.

You are entirely wrong.
Hamas has NEVER initiated any violence, ever.
When ever Israel kills dozens, only then does Hamas act, and very reluctantly, as it is almost always suicidal.
The Israelis have assassination drones everywhere.

I didn't state or imply that they did. But the facts of their 2 years of control are what they are. And they are a heartbreaking tale of human misery, like it or not. And Hamas is, indeed, a tendril of foreign interests. They don't have a country. They cash checks written by Turkey and Qatar.

And they are fodder. A hired company of nationless mercenaries expected to die in place of citizens of various countries. And to bear at least some of the blame for their own, deplorable acts. This is done in order to keep with the international laws and customs of the 21st century. It's all quite legal. Until we say it isn't.

I have no idea what you are talking about.
Hamas was elected the legal representative group for Gaza since 2006.
They have been in charge for 15 years, not 2.
And while it has been heartbreak and misery, it is entirely the fault of Israel, that won't allow exports or imports, so everyone is poor and starving.
It is not even remotely legal for Israel to blockade Palestinian shipping.
And that specifically is a violation of the Geneva Conventions.
Israel should be removed for that reason alone.
Hamas has done NOTHING remotely illegal or deplorable as you insinuate without any basis.

And by the way, Palestine has always legally existed as a nation since 1920 and the Treaty of Sevres and the Treaty of San Remo.
All Palestine does NOT have international recognition of the their government, because the US won't let any country get a UN resolution passed since the US veto on the Security Counsel stops everything.
So no, its not legal.
The US is in violation of these WWI treaties.

Yes they are comparable. Why would Jews support a movement that includes members who despise them. That is your key question right?
How are they comparable sentiments? The Unite the Right convention had legitimate causes and if they did, indeed, say, "Jews will not replace us" which is debatable, it is far different than saying, "Jews, Get Out of Israel." Unit the right was protesting something very real and legitimate which was the destruction of statues here in the US and Europe and unfettered replacement-level migration which Jews have admittingly taken a leading role in. Some of the Anti-Israel protests have supported the persecution of Israel because they view the country as illegitimate, and some have even supported the notion of genocide and the complete incineration of the Jewish homeland. Quite different protests. Not comparable.

Last edited:
Pretty funny, the idea that because Pompeo says something it is so.
Yet, if scumbag Milley and the Biden Administration say Whites are the biggest threat in the US, do you believe that? Leftism seems to exist on double standards, hypocrisy, false narratives, and obfuscation.

How are they comparable sentiments? The Unite the Right convention had legitimate causes and if they did, indeed, say, "Jews will not replace us" which is debatable, it is far different than saying, "Jews, Get Out of Israel." Unit the right was protesting something very real and legitimate which was the destruction of statues here in the US and Europe and unfettered replacement-level migration which Jews have admittingly taken a leading role in. Some of the Anti-Israel protests have supported the persecution of Israel because they view the country as illegitimate, and some have even supported the notion of genocide and the complete incineration of the Jewish homeland. Quite different protests. Not comparable.

Wrong.
No one has any idea where the Jewish homeland is, because they kept no track of where the Hebrew came from before they found themselves in Egypt.
Palestine is NOT at all where they came from, and was only a place where they invaded for a few hundred years, committing horrendous atrocities like massacring all the Canaanite women and children at Jericho when Joshua invaded.
Palestine is most definitely NOT a Jewish homeland in any way or time in history, and it is the last place European Jews should have been allowed to go to.
They do not belong there, do not fit in, and have been behaving horribly murdering and stealing homes,
If you are thinking of the period of King Herod as a Jewish homeland, that is totally wrong.
The Jews had not ruled in Jerusalem for over 500 years, and the Romans just picked them as puppets because they knew they were no threat,
And Herod was actually a Roman who only pretended to convert.

Lisa558
That is very very easy to answer !!!
So simple

Most American Jews have zero survival skills or common sense
I mean zero

So a Jew could have many high degrees and make 700,000 a year but has the survival skills of an 11 year old

What is so odd is that Jews for the most part are very smart, but yet then why they would choose to be so impractical, is beyond me.
For example, the Old Testament has got to be about the worst religion ever invented.
And why move to Palestine which was already over crowded and short of water?
Jews have the palest of all complexions, and the absolute worst place for Jews is the Mideast.

I take back what I said about your being antisemitic. We have a blatant, disgusting antisemite on this thread - obviously brainwashed either by some anti-Jew school or by his parents - and I’m shocked that mods allow such antisemitic lies and venom to continue. (I suppose spewing Jew-hate falls under free speech, and this forum is very liberal about allowing it regardless of how bigoted and ignorant the poster is. There are both negatives and positives to that.)

Last edited:
They even participated in the ultra-nationalist Ukrainian "right sector". Considering their previous history in Ukraine, the mass Jewish pogroms in Lviv after the massacre of political prisoners, this looks especially comical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back