Why do Republicans think the purpose of government is to turn a profit?

They don't believe that.

They believe there is no purpose.

No food inspectors.

No speed limits.

No laws except to keep women from getting an abortion.

No safety regulations.

They want to abolish the EPA.

Let him die.

No Social Security.

No Medicare.

No help for the poor.

If they elect people into office that believe these things, then they must believe it to.

They do believe in subsidies for corporations. And apologies. Because corporations are people. Do we need links?

^ The Voice of Reason

They don't believe that.

No food inspectors.

No speed limits.

No safety regulations.

Let him die.

No Social Security.

No Medicare.

No help for the poor.

If they elect people into office that believe these things, then they must believe it to.

They do believe in subsidies for corporations. And apologies. Because corporations are people. Do we need links?

^ The Voice of Treason
Corrected for truth

frankie you have never turned out to right on anything that I can remember.

why should anyone care what you think?

why do you think anyone should ever listen to the right in this country?

they are never proven right in the field.

You claim so and so will happen when we deregulation such and such.

then the people get raped.

you guys are always proven wrong in the real world

What claims have I made?

Disagreeing with a policy is not making a prediction.

But feel free to find a quote saying that the government should turn a profit.

when you say cutting taxes will promot business you have made a prediction on policy silly man.

Your predictions never come to fruiation

Where did I say that?

I am for cutting taxes but I have never said the reason was to promote business.

I am for cutting taxes so people will be able to keep more of their own money.

That btw is not a prediction it is a philosophical stand.

WEll, I am not sure that Republicans think that way unless they are very VERY stupid.

But some certainly are and you will know them by this statement which I have no doubt many of you have seen posted in place these:

We need our government to be run like a business​

I am unsure how one can educate anyone who is an adult and as yet cannot understand why the above statement is nonsense.

Based on my experience on boards like these, I do not think the kind of person who thinks that way is capable of understanding why that belief is silly to the extreme.

When in the history of government did they actually reduce the deficit?

good point Lynn,

the right makes these statements as if they are unquestionalbe facts that tax cuts increase employment.

that they are the fiscal party.

But they are never right in the end

their track record bites.

why listen to them anymore?

We don't..We think government should be limited. It should NOT waste taxpayer resources on nonsense. It should not borrow 47 cents for every dollar it spends. It should not run up a 10 year projected deficit that exceeds the entire net wealth of the entire nation...
If a budget surplus arises, that money should be returned to the rightful owners. US!
If you are referring to the USPS, that is a bit different. The USPS operates as a market based business. And as such it should at least break even.
Two entirely different things..
Oh, it looks like the days of below market rates for electricity, funded by taxpayer dollars, in the TN Valley may soon be coming to an end.
There is a move afoot to release the TVA from federal oversight.
There are billions of dollars worth of assets that the federal government could sell off to private enterprise.

They don't believe that.

No food inspectors.

No speed limits.

No safety regulations.

Let him die.

No Social Security.

No Medicare.

No help for the poor.

Mr Mc Murphy, it's medication time.

This guy gets owned and owned....I mean he calls us facists and anarchists....so which one is it????????? I've argued with Starkey and Saigon over this point......they say liberals never call us anarchists....well rdean just did......game, set, match!

Fascists when it comes to Civil Right.

But not anarchist. Plutocrats with a touch of Christian Taliban. Does it really need to be explained?
Are you taking the same narcotics as Truthmatters?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/economy/233672-it-s-time-for-a-flat-tax.html

"If we lower the corporate income tax to the same flat rate we'll see even more revenue as businesses will no longer have incentive to keep money off shore"

And how is that prediction (btw it's an opinion not a prediction) but let's say it was a prediction. How is it false since at the moment you cannot test its merit because we have not instituted a flat tax have we?

how is it NOT a prediction you fool.

you claim if a certain thing is done A will happen.

dude dont be insane

WEll, I am not sure that Republicans think that way unless they are very VERY stupid.

But some certainly are and you will know them by this statement which I have no doubt many of you have seen posted in place these:

I am unsure how one can educate anyone who is an adult and as yet cannot understand why the above statement is nonsense.

Based on my experience on boards like these, I do not think the kind of person who thinks that way is capable of understanding why that belief is silly to the extreme.
Allow me to clarify. I believe what it means is for government to live within its means and not to rack up deficits to fund programs clearly outside the scope of the Constitution.

Allow me to clarify. I believe what it means is for government to live within its means and not to rack up deficits to fund programs clearly outside the scope of the Constitution.

I could live with that.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/economy/233672-it-s-time-for-a-flat-tax.html

"If we lower the corporate income tax to the same flat rate we'll see even more revenue as businesses will no longer have incentive to keep money off shore"

And how is that prediction (btw it's an opinion not a prediction) but let's say it was a prediction. How is it false since at the moment you cannot test its merit because we have not instituted a flat tax have we?

how is it NOT a prediction you fool.

you claim if a certain thing is done A will happen.

dude dont be insane

And you cannot say it was wrong can you? We have not instituted a flat tax so there is no right or wrong. It's called a hypothetical.

I could live with that.
Hence Article I, Section 8. Also known as the "Enumerated Powers Clause" and the Amendment X that clarifies governmental roles. Something Liberals will never accept.

This guy gets owned and owned....I mean he calls us facists and anarchists....so which one is it????????? I've argued with Starkey and Saigon over this point......they say liberals never call us anarchists....well rdean just did......game, set, match!

Fascists when it comes to Civil Right.

But not anarchist. Plutocrats with a touch of Christian Taliban. Does it really need to be explained?

sorry my man, but you cant be both.....facism on cvivil rights...LOLOLOLOL, this from people like you that want people fired for saying ******? and WE'RE the facists?

Second lets see

Plutocracy (from Greek πλοῦτος, ploutos, meaning "wealth", and κράτος, kratos, meaning "power, dominion, rule"), also known as plutonomy or plutarchy, is rule by the wealthy.

So is this why you dont get mad when democrats cheat the tax code? You love it when they want higher taxes on the small business people making $250,000/year but when it comes to them, they dont pay

The Obama Tax Cheats - Kevin Glass

When in the history of government did they actually reduce the deficit?

good point Lynn,

the right makes these statements as if they are unquestionalbe facts that tax cuts increase employment.

that they are the fiscal party.

But they are never right in the end

their track record bites.

why listen to them anymore?

Toxic State Syndrome: As California Declines, Texas Rises - The Daily Beast

Sorry but you're a moron....and lower taxes do generate jobs and business....
If they didnt, why dont we have a 100% tax...that would generate sooooo much more money...Waaay too easy

Forum List

Back