Why Do Republicans Pretend the War On Poverty was supposed to END POVERTY?

his number not mine. I didn't do the research, he did.

If you're confident he actually did research instead of just tossing it out there for a cheap laugh among his wealthy friends, I'm sure there must be data somewhere to support his claim.

If there are, you'll provide them (it's called "supporting your claim"). If there aren't, you'll say "Look it up yourself."

And, go...

If you're confident he actually did research instead of just tossing it out there for a cheap laugh among his wealthy friends, I'm sure there must be data somewhere to support his claim.

If there are, you'll provide them (it's called "supporting your claim"). If there aren't, you'll say "Look it up yourself."

And, go...
it wasn't my claim. It was Romney's ask him to provide it.

And, go...

If he posted here, I would. But you parroted it, which assumes either you believe it or you have no clue. The longer you procrastinate, the more obvious the answer becomes.

And, go...

If he posted here, I would. But you parroted it, which assumes either you believe it or you have no clue. The longer you procrastinate, the more obvious the answer becomes.
so are you calling me liar? Are you saying Romney didn't say it?

His statement was to infer that all of those on welfare would be voting against him. I don't care what the percentage is right or not. It meant more than the figure.

Last edited:

And, go...

His statement was to infer that all of those on welfare would be voting against him. I don't care the percentage is right or not. It meant more than the figure.

I'm saying you're incapable of supporting your beliefs with facts. Keep going; you're doing great.

And, go...

His statement was to infer that all of those on welfare would be voting against him. I don't care the percentage is right or not. It meant more than the figure.

If that was all Romney said, there would have been no backlash. He should have quit while he was ahead

And, go...

I'm saying you're incapable of supporting your beliefs with facts. Keep going; you're doing great.
again it wasn't about the number but the meaning of the number. that's over your head.

Well you haven't seen her on the tellie? wow. you don't need to shake her hand to know she exists. wow.

Are you seriously arguing that there aren't people on welfare who vote Republican? Come on man.
yes I am. why?

Because that is fucking retarded. I just wanted to be clear about how retarded you are before proceeding.
Hope you're not confusing social security with welfare.

BTW, Mitt Romney even publicly stated it during his campaign run. 47%

Dude, if you really don't believe there are some people in this country who reliably vote Republican and collect SNAP or whatever, you are touched in the head.
My sister gets food stamps shes a republican. We want jobs not handouts but well take the handouts until we find a job.

again it wasn't about the number but the meaning of the number.

Unless you can prove the number is accurate (you can't), the meaning is that Romney is a liar. But we knew that without your needing to tell us.

In another thread on poverty republicans or conservatives kept saying that the war on poverty "hasnt worked".

When asked what they thought the goal of the war on poverty was many stated the usual "Liberals said..." followed by impossible things never said by anyone.

Of course if you believe the war on poverty was supposed to make everyone rich, I have bad news for you.

If you believed the war on poverty was supposed to end poor people existing, no wonder you think it "failed"

If you thought that the war on poverty meant everyone would live like Mr Burns from the Simpsons, I understand your frustration.

The war on poverty didn't even REDUCE poverty!...lol

In another thread on poverty republicans or conservatives kept saying that the war on poverty "hasnt worked".

When asked what they thought the goal of the war on poverty was many stated the usual "Liberals said..." followed by impossible things never said by anyone.

Of course if you believe the war on poverty was supposed to make everyone rich, I have bad news for you.

If you believed the war on poverty was supposed to end poor people existing, no wonder you think it "failed"

If you thought that the war on poverty meant everyone would live like Mr Burns from the Simpsons, I understand your frustration.

Of course it did....until Republicans gutted the program

poverty.jpg

Of course it did....until Republicans gutted the program

poverty.jpg

There are people in welfare now then there were then. So, no, it didn't.

Forum List

Back