Why do Republicans keep saying the unemployed should just "go get a job"?

Because if they get a job they are no longer unemployed.

Not exactly rocket science there.

You don't seem to understand - THERE ARE NO JOBS TO BE HAD!

I know, I couldn't find one either. So, I started a business. The bottom line is that it is YOUR responsibility to take care of your family, not mine.

Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner.

I found my current job because I couldnt find a job and decided to look into opening my own business. when i found the opportunity i made the decision that it would be wiser to wait until i had more experience to do my own business immediately. It's worked out nicely.

People need to think outside the box and look to creating jobs or for jobs they wouldnt normally think about.

Life Inc. - Older Americans' challenge: No time to recover from recession

Meanwhile they have to grapple with how to pay for rising health care costs and may have to make difficult choices between covering medical costs and other expenses.
The report also noted that it has been extremely difficult for older workers who lose jobs to find new ones.
The unemployment rate for Americans 55 and over was 6.7 percent in September, according to the most recent data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. That’s far lower than the overall unemployment rate of 9.1 percent.
But for workers 55 to 64 years old, the median duration of unemployment is 43 weeks. That compares to an overall median duration of 22 weeks, according to the most recent BLS data.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I love it when they right wingers keeps saying, "Go get a job". Below are just a few of the posts. This is sad. But it's a reflections of today's Republican America. Where their policies have led.

I'm 59. Lost my job in 2007, took 2 years to find a new one at 40% less than what I was earning. Market has killed my 401K. Gonna be fun!

Lost 40% of my IRA in '08, laid off at 64, forced to sell my home for 35% less than 5 years ago. Good health and job skills, but no jobs.

I was essentially forced into retirement at 60. Laid off after 40 yr in Ins. 500 resumes -0- interviews

We thought we'd be ok with 1 state & 2 fed. pensions, 2-401(k)s, 2 IRAs & Social Sec. Pensions may not be there & savings may be worthless

Stock market is killing my 401(k); I'm worried and I'm not close to retirement age yet.

Our stock portfolio was decimated twice. The company I retired from is removing medical benefits annually, providing zero by 2014.

Our culture is fucked up, thats why washington is fucked up. Most of the people you see that keep parrotting things like 'get a job' or 'if your poor its your fault' is coming from people that are currently doing 'ok' meaning they are currently earning slightly better then what most people are doing. So they feed on there narcissism because they are selfish instant gratification animals (what most people are these days) and instead of risking there place within society they instead tell you its your own fault.

I am currently reading 'The Peoples History of the United States' and guess what, this whole class structure was thought up in colonial times in the early development of the country. It was a way to pit white indentured servants (who were paying off there boat ride over) agianst black slaves. Wealth was very worried about poor white people teaming up with black slaves to overthrow there oppressors. Then they created a 'middle class' which was really just poor white people who were now free. They gave them petty positions within society and then used the poor to pay for the middle class.

People are sad.

Our culture is fucked up, thats why washington is fucked up. Most of the people you see that keep parrotting things like 'get a job' or 'if your poor its your fault' is coming from people that are currently doing 'ok' meaning they are currently earning slightly better then what most people are doing. So they feed on there narcissism because they are selfish instant gratification animals (what most people are these days) and instead of risking there place within society they instead tell you its your own fault.

I am currently reading 'The Peoples History of the United States' and guess what, this whole class structure was thought up in colonial times in the early development of the country. It was a way to pit white indentured servants (who were paying off there boat ride over) agianst black slaves. Wealth was very worried about poor white people teaming up with black slaves to overthrow there oppressors. Then they created a 'middle class' which was really just poor white people who were now free. They gave them petty positions within society and then used the poor to pay for the middle class.

People are sad.

Yeah. Our culture is messed up. Hence, proud people complain about the pride of others.

We need to humble ourselves. We need to be a humble people.

Rdean complains in other threads about Georgia laws preventing people from using illegal immigrants of slaves because we now have alot of work to do that isnt being done. And yet people are seriously claiming that "There are no jobs".

No. There are plenty of jobs to be had and jobs to create. Too many people have allowed themselves to become proud. So they won't do "certain jobs". They think they are "too good" for certain jobs.

Well guess what. There isn't a single job in existence that anyone is "too good" for. There is no honest work in existence that we shouldn't be willing to do if it needs to be done.

So yeah. You're right that the culture is screwed up. There are alot of people who think they are all that who simply aren't. They think they are better than others because they make more than them or because they don't make as much as them.

If we continue this culture of pride we will destory ourselves as a nation.

We can thank Obama's economic policies. :eusa_whistle: They're fucking us all over. The buck stops at the presidents desk.

Which policies are you talking about?

Dean, come on now. You're dealing with the same person who said this:

Look at Most of the African nations and you will understand [why Cain is incompetent]. I just thought Cain was a rare case that I could trust.:eusa_whistle:

I wouldn't waste too much time on him.

yea you should talk.....your the one who said if they teach about gay people in schools,maybe a bully will think about Gay accomplishments and leave the kid alone.....:eusa_eh:

There is work out there if you are willing to lower your standards. I have been doing temp. My unemployment has run out. My last job paid 13.24, and if my temp job did a 40 hour week, which they don't, minimum wage is quite a come down from my last position.

You got to keep knocking on doors and keep sending out those resumes, and face the fact that employers really don't think a 50+ is easy to train or up to the heavy lifting. One of my problems is I am not willing to move from Oregon yet. There are jobs elsewhere.

THe job market is tough. In order to get and keep a job one has to be tougher.

People are sad.

Yeah. Our culture is messed up. Hence, proud people complain about the pride of others.

We need to humble ourselves. We need to be a humble people.

Rdean complains in other threads about Georgia laws preventing people from using illegal immigrants of slaves because we now have alot of work to do that isnt being done. And yet people are seriously claiming that "There are no jobs".

No. There are plenty of jobs to be had and jobs to create. Too many people have allowed themselves to become proud. So they won't do "certain jobs". They think they are "too good" for certain jobs.

Well guess what. There isn't a single job in existence that anyone is "too good" for. There is no honest work in existence that we shouldn't be willing to do if it needs to be done.

So yeah. You're right that the culture is screwed up. There are alot of people who think they are all that who simply aren't. They think they are better than others because they make more than them or because they don't make as much as them.

If we continue this culture of pride we will destory ourselves as a nation.

A well educated person understands that the money system is designed to make people fail. Thats what happens when debt is greater then money supply. Its a fucking game to see who the loser is! In times like this the money supply is 'concentrated' or shrunk, but that debts still there! "Just work harder, its your own fault you cant make your car payment"

A well educated person understands that there is simply more people seeking jobs that pay a living wage then there are living wage jobs! But if your poor its your fault!

I dont know why anyone wouldnt welcome a peacefull revolution. Its time for new idea's. Its time to rid ourselves of the federal reserve and debt based money. Its time to remove money from politics.

So why won't Pubs allow a jobs bill to pass? These are the kinds of jobs bills they were always for... Though I enjoyed your irrelevant anecdotes....

Because it will make the economy worse.

Actually it will help the economy in the short run, but in the long run it will be more debt. So good for the economy, bad for the budget.

The reason Pubs wont let it pass is the same reason they wont let anything pass. They are refusing to work with Obama to ensure that he is a 1 term president.

If they wanted to help people they would stop maintaining a climate of fear, bring the trops home, stop spending money in other country's, balance the budget, and then stimulate.

No. You don't seem to understand.

You think people are supposed to give us jobs. We as a people need to stop being lazy and start being proactive and creating our jobs.

Not to mention we need to stop being so proud that we refuse work that is available.

You cant be proactive and create jobs in this economy. Regulation has a strangle hold on that. Bankers dont lend money to start up business.

We can thank Obama's economic policies. :eusa_whistle: They're fucking us all over. The buck stops at the presidents desk.

Yeah, and exponentially increasing executive pay, which is earned by minimizing jobs, has nothing to do with it. :eusa_whistle:

Stop being such a liberal cry baby, expecting the government to be the answer to everything.

We have witnessed 787 BILLION borrowed and spent taxpayer dollars to create private sector jobs-&-as promised by Obama would create millions of private sector jobs and keep unemployment from rising above 8.2%--REMEMBER?

Today--Obama is out there--trying to push his new jobs bill that has already failed to pass the Democrat lead senate--again talking about road and bridge work--talking about raising taxes on the rich--so he can do more road and bridge work--and TEMPORARILY hire a few teachers and firemen. Once the money is gone--teachers and fireman's jobs are gone too

$donkey stimulus.jpg

SO KNOWING all this--what do you think the Republicans should do? How do you really create private sector jobs in this country?

Which policies are you talking about?

Dean, come on now. You're dealing with the same person who said this:

Look at Most of the African nations and you will understand [why Cain is incompetent]. I just thought Cain was a rare case that I could trust.:eusa_whistle:

I wouldn't waste too much time on him.

yea you should talk.....your the one who said if they teach about gay people in schools,maybe a bully will think about Gay accomplishments and leave the kid alone.....:eusa_eh:

I did. And that's a bad thing? :cuckoo:

Life Inc. - Older Americans' challenge: No time to recover from recession

Meanwhile they have to grapple with how to pay for rising health care costs and may have to make difficult choices between covering medical costs and other expenses.
The report also noted that it has been extremely difficult for older workers who lose jobs to find new ones.
The unemployment rate for Americans 55 and over was 6.7 percent in September, according to the most recent data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. That’s far lower than the overall unemployment rate of 9.1 percent.
But for workers 55 to 64 years old, the median duration of unemployment is 43 weeks. That compares to an overall median duration of 22 weeks, according to the most recent BLS data.

In other words, older workers have less trouble finding a job, and the job generally lasts longer than it does for younger workers. What is your point in posting this? Are you trying to prove, again, that you use sources that are too stupid to read what they are typing?

I love it when they right wingers keeps saying, "Go get a job". Below are just a few of the posts. This is sad. But it's a reflections of today's Republican America. Where their policies have led.

I'm 59. Lost my job in 2007, took 2 years to find a new one at 40% less than what I was earning. Market has killed my 401K. Gonna be fun!

Lost 40% of my IRA in '08, laid off at 64, forced to sell my home for 35% less than 5 years ago. Good health and job skills, but no jobs.

I was essentially forced into retirement at 60. Laid off after 40 yr in Ins. 500 resumes -0- interviews

We thought we'd be ok with 1 state & 2 fed. pensions, 2-401(k)s, 2 IRAs & Social Sec. Pensions may not be there & savings may be worthless

Stock market is killing my 401(k); I'm worried and I'm not close to retirement age yet.

Our stock portfolio was decimated twice. The company I retired from is removing medical benefits annually, providing zero by 2014.

Want to here my sob story? I have a great one, much better than the ones you posted here.

Rdean was trying to prove older people are having trouble finding work, and then posted stats that proved otherwise. The fact that you are defending him is indicative of just how stupid you are.

There are no jobs. but yet we need illegals as slave labor to do jobs we wont do. You know the ones that dont exist.

So why won't Pubs allow a jobs bill to pass? These are the kinds of jobs bills they were always for... Though I enjoyed your irrelevant anecdotes....
It's not the Republicans...dolt. Try Dingy Harry Reid...and there are Democrats that know what the 'bill' is...more taxation, and they want to get re-elected. The whole 'bill' is a phoney ploy by Obama to try to nail Republicans.

Obama is playing a dangerous game with the lives of the people he says he cares about. He is a LIAR. It's all about him and his re-election.

Forum List

Back