Why do Progressives neglect to dole out Constitutionally required welfare?

Are Progressives preventing the US from fulfilling its obligation to arm every able-bodied male?

• Total voters

The2ndAmendment

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2013
In a dependant and enslaved country.
The Constitution and the laws made in pursuance thereof, require that every able-bodied male (under 45 years) and enlisted female be provided with the latest standard issue weaponry.

US Constitution, Article I, Section 8:
To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

10 U.S. Code § 311 - Militia: composition and classes
The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are—
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

It appears that the Progressives and their gun control measures are in direct conflict with their Constitutional Obligations:
To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

The United States shall... protect each of them (the States) against Invasion.

Constitution?

What liberal remembers there ever was such a silly thing?

Certainly not Hillary but she could be excused after that whack to the noggin.

T'others? Chalk it up to the failure of others to abort when they had the chance.

You do realize that the colonies required individuals to purchase with their own funds firearms for militia use? I think you're a bit unhinged, but I never thought you were factually challenged.

You do realize that the colonies required individuals to purchase with their own funds firearms for militia use? I think you're a bit unhinged, but I never thought you were factually challenged.

This isn't about the Colonies, this is about the United States and its current Constitution. We seem to have no problem building multi-billion dollar stealth bombers.

This isn't about the Colonies, this is about the United States and its current Constitution. We seem to have no problem building multi-billion dollar stealth bombers.
The US const says nothing about buying weapons for every adult able bodied person or male person

The US const says nothing about buying weapons for every adult able bodied person or male person

You didn't read the Constitution then, did you?

US Constitution, Article I:
To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia.

And Congress has declared in US Code that all able bodied men under 45 years are the Militia.

K bye troll

The Constitution and the laws made in pursuance thereof, require that every able-bodied male (under 45 years) and enlisted female be provided with the latest standard issue weaponry.

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

It appears that the Progressives and their gun control measures are in direct conflict with their Constitutional Obligations:
To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

Join the National Guard...

That's only for females. A male needs not to join the National Guard to be equipped by Congress with a modern standard issue rifle.

That's only for females. A male needs not to join the National Guard to be equipped by Congress with a modern standard issue rifle.
Then I suggest you petition for redress...

Forum List

Back