Why Do People Claim the Afghan Military Wouldn't Fight?

Hey, man, I was just answering the question.

Short and to the point is always best.
You supplied no context, context is everything, these were not cowards, many of them can not read or write, and were easily taken advantage of by corrupt government. They knew when US bailed it would become untenable, toss in the ridiculous "woke" shit being rammed down their throats by equally corrupt Biden admin, you had to have known, and Biden did, they'd cave just as soon as they lost the US support! :wink:

You supplied no context, context is everything, these were not cowards, many of them can not read or write, and were easily taken advantage of by corrupt government. They knew when US bailed it would become untenable, toss in the ridiculous "woke" shit being rammed down their throats by equally corrupt Biden admin, you had to have known, and Biden did, they'd cave just as soon as they lost the US support! :wink:

If they can jump onto the body of a C-17 and hold on for dear life while it's in flight, they can pick up a gun and pull the trigger and start popping nawgins.

It is a choice. Do or do not.

Either way, it's none of my business. We have our own problems here at home. We should focus on that.

I saw a statistic recently that the Afghan military lost 66,000 people killed in fighting the Taliban. This is some 12 times the total number of Americans killed in Afghanistan (counting contractors).

so how can people (on both sides) get away with claiming that the "Afghans wouldn't fight"?
they were paid huge salaries by the US, basically bribes.
Now the US is gone so is there income

Your google works as good as mine:

That 66,000 number includes national military and police since 2001. From what I have read, the Afghan security forces have fought well at least up until recently when the US military left. There are reports of mass defections recently, and I've seen little about any resistance against the Taliban, hence many are saying they're basically giving up.

I saw a statistic recently that the Afghan military lost 66,000 people killed in fighting the Taliban. This is some 12 times the total number of Americans killed in Afghanistan (counting contractors).

so how can people (on both sides) get away with claiming that the "Afghans wouldn't fight"?

Why Do People Claim the Afghan Military Wouldn't Fight?​

Why were those people right?

I don't speak for others, I only look for the source of information I most trust and go from there.

Monday
The week dawns with news that insurgents claimed the northern cities of Aybak and Sar-e Pul.

In some districts, pro-government forces surrender without a fight. In others, where firefights sprout, desperate residents areforced from their homes, trudging hundreds of kilometers on foot in exodus.

Sunday
Insurgents had no air force and just days earlier had no major city. They were far outnumbered by Afghan troops, who were trained by the American military, the most well-funded and strongest on the planet. And yet, the impossible is now true: The capital of Kabul and its 5 million residents is theirs.

-
Military Times

Should we ask why they didn't receive better air support for their operations?

Forum List

Back